『 C H A P T E R 6 : MIRACLE 』

The way I figure it, everyone gets a miracle...

- - -

Having connections with people were sure a hell. Ireen confirmed it.

To her, having friends to laugh together was like cutting own self. Fighting for each other was like sprinkling salts over own injuries. Protecting one another was like digging own grave.

And crying over one another was like living in hell.

That's right.....

Ireen regretted having a bond with humans. If only she had no one to care, if only she hasn't bothered to have friends, then she wouldn't have to suffer.

She wouldn't have to cry over Eren's death.

She wouldn't have to wail over the emptiness she felt.

She could look over at anybody's death as a duty of a soldier that fight for humanity's sake. And she could continue living her life fighting for the sake of humanity.

Yes.... She could just do that, if she had no friends.

But she couldn't.

She had established deeper connections with three of her childhood friends for more than 10 years. She had tossed away everything that she had previously just to keep them three by her hearts. She had taken a gravel lessons of abandoning her promises just so she could hold hands with them.

She had exchanged whatever she had left back then just for the three of them. So she couldn't believe it.... She couldn't believe it when Eren died. It felt like a dream.

She wished it was a dream.

But now the dream had turned into a reality and she was at lost.....

Her grapplers hooked onto another building and she let the wires pulled her body forward. She was a bit behind Mikasa, further to the left, while Armin was wayyyy behind them two, at the center.

Them two had been ignoring one another and also the rest of their comrades as they moved on their own accord. Slashing and slicing, they made sure none of the titans reaching the cadets behind them.

"Wowww... Look at them moving so fast...." Connie commented in awe. He watched as any titans in their ways received death blow in a split second.

Armin heard that. And he muttered a silent "no.." as to disagree with Connie. Of course, the shaved-head boy didn't hear it. He was too caught up in surprise and enthrallment.

Armin watched the two from behind, taking in their similarities and differences. Tho, they hardly have any similarities.

In terms of height, body features, pattern of speech, mental processing and skills and strength, both have their own set. The only thing that were similar between them two would be their ability to maneuver around and kill more titans than most of them combined.

Armin's eyes landed on the black-haired first. Unlike Ireen, she used her gas too much just to move faster and be at the most front, ignoring the fact that they were still stow away from the HQ tower. She hasn't put thoughts on her action much. All she did was moving forward and cutting chunks of meat from the titan's nape.

Ireen meanwhile, was doing the exact opposite. She will let her body free fall in zig zag pattern, whether to the ground or to the rooftop. She won't stay floating in the air all the time. When she descended, she will use one foot to touch the cobbled floor, or the the tile of the rooftop, and pushed herself up with her gas supporting her motion to back up to the sky. And she will add her usual style, which was her usual front flip (like Eren's) or small twirl elegantly. She had her movement totally under control and Armin wasn't a bit of worry about her.