Chapter Twenty-Two

"You mother fucker!" Eren yelled as he climbed out of the hole. The figure simply paused and looked over his shoulder. He then jumped into the air. Created another pad, this time however it was vertical. He pushed himself off of it and landed a back flip behind Eren. He grabbed the bleeding teen by the collar and tossed him skyward. Launching himself into the air he landed a punch to the chest of Eren who hit the ground with a thud. Before he could get up the figure landed another punch. This time literally cracking the ground underneath Eren. The figure then stood up and disappeared in a cloud of black mist as suddenly as he had appeared. The only evidence he was ever there was even there was a handful or so of what appeared to be raven feathers.

"What the hell was that.?" Blyke asked stunned.

"Who the hell was that?" Sera asked.

"Frankly, we have no idea." John said standing up from where he had taken a seat watching the events unfold.

"Honestly, I didn't think he was real." Shannon stated. "A man dressed in all black who appears, kicks ass then literally disappears? Sounds a bit far fetched."

"Well we have proof he exists. Who he is remains to be seen." Taz said.

  "Wait. If none of you know who he is, then why did Taz call him out about being late or whatever?" Sera asked.

  "Why not, as soon as he showed up I knew it was the guy from the stories." Taz answered, "so why not call him out, just for the hell of it ya know "

  "How'd you know to stay calm when the ground started shaking?" Sera asked.

  "We heard stories, it made sense that it was him, given the circumstances at least." Taz answered.

"What do you think his level is?" Blyke asked the question they were thinking.

"I'd bet high 9s possibly one of the only 10.0s in existence." Shannon answered.

"10.0? There's only like six that have been recorded!?" Blyke responded in pure shock.

Just then another bolt of white lightning hit the ground with a pop. Another figure stood before the group. However unlike the last this stranger seemed to be a more feminine figure. She too wore dark clothing, but that's where the physical similarities ended.

"Who the fuck are you?" John yelled a bit confused and mad considering this was most likely the person who shot at him and Sera.

The woman's arm raised and shot a bolt straight at John's chest. He absorbed most of the energy with Shannon's ability, but he still took a shock.

"Thats either her way of saying in hostile and going going to hurt you, or-" John started.

"Her way of saying don't move, I'll handle this." Taz finished, not realizing John was out cold on the ground.

Just then another bolt of lightning hit the ground with a crack. The group immediately split, running in an attempt to not get hit. Blyke was the first runner to go down. The redheaded high tier never stood a chance against this strange God tier. A single strike knocked him out cold. Taz was the next to go. He attempted to block at coming bolt with his wall. The bolt, in the same manner as had happened with John, it phased through.

"It went through the wall?" Taz said outloud seconds before he was struck and hit the dirt.

Shannon and Sera being the only ones left standing watched on as the attack ceased. The strange female then walked over and picked Eren up, threw him over her shoulder and in a manner similar to the male, disappeared.

"What the hell was that?" Sera yelled.

"If I knew we'd have been prepared." Shannon answered. "Now, we should check on the guys."

  Sera agreed and they soon had Taz and John awake, Blyke on the other hand was a different story. The high tier never stood a chance.

  A few hours later they finally got Blyke to wake up. They took him to Randy's place so he could get atleast some sort of medical attention.

  "What are we supposed to do now?" John asked Randy explaining much of what he didn't see. "I mean the kid was almost invulnerable. Range didn't do shit, hell his own ability barely did shit to him."

  "What of Shannon, any luck with her." Randy asked the dumb question.

  "Like he said." Shannon answered. "The only luck my tricks had was helping Blyke free Taz before he took a supersonic trip into the Earth."

  "So four god tiers could barely  touch him, yet one man of unknown level wipes the floor with him? The someone else pops in and makes off with the kid before we have a chance  to secure the individual." Randy questioned. "If you weren't my best agents I would call bullshit."

  "We know, anyhow, whats next?" John asked.

  "We start to rebuild. And you five take your asses back to Wellston." Randy replied. "I want to see you get a diploma this time John, I don't really know either I of you," he gestured at Sera and Blyke. "And you two already graduated so I don't really care what you do."

  John looked at his watch. 4:30 it would get dark in about an hour, and he really didn't want to get back to the school at 10:00. "Its a bit late to head out now, I guess we'll leave early tomorrow."

  "Thats fine" Randy said. "And I'll call you if Eren becomes a threat again."

After a few more minutes of discussion the group broke apart. John took Sera put to explore New Boston before they went back to Wellston.