Chapter Twelve

The next day was Saturday and so John and Taz spent it doing what many people their age do. Playing videogames.

  "He's right underneath me, I got him" John said into his headset.

  "Cool, I'll smoke bomb these three guys and kill them." Taz responded.

  Just then Seraphina came into the room and walked over to where John was just starting at his computer. "Whatcha doin?" She asked putting her arms around John's neck loosely.

  "Playing Assassin's Creed Unity with Taz" he said simply.

  "Oh? What's that?" Sera asked peering over his shoulder at his screen as he jumped off a roof and onto an unsuspecting soldier.  "Looks pretty cool."

  "Assassin's creed is only my favorite game series." John said not even looking up from his screen. "There all good, except odyssey. Fuck odyssey. It's not even assassin's creed."

  "By far the worst one." Taz said. "I mean Assassin's creed, without the hidden blade? Like WHAT THE FUCK."

  "Black flag is still my favorite." John said, "But Unity is the only one that I can play with Taz."

  "Black flag is amazing." Taz responded. "Unity is definitely good now that they fixed it. It was unplayable when it originally launched."

  "Three had the best cinematic trailer though if you ask me." John said.

  "Connor facing down the entire british army was definitely cool but I liked..." Taz paused. "Nevermind they're all great."

  "I agree with that." John said laughing. All while Sera was looking so confused it looked like she had just given up on life.

  A few hours later after John had finished explaining the lore of Assassin's Creed he helped Sera set up a Steam account where he added five dollars to her account. He knew this wouldn't be enough for any AC game but she needed to add at least $5 to allow her at add friends.

  After adding her as a steam friend he gifted her the game Assassin's Creed Unity.

  After downloading it Sera spent hours playing trying to get to the point John and Taz were. (Both of which were ranked Master Assassins having beaten the game.)

  After giving Sera a few tips and some help with some sections John retreated into his room where not long after he began to play guitar.

  About an hour later Taz called. "Hey John." He said "can you call me by my place soon, we need to talk."

  While John did definitely think it was weird, he did get his stuff ready.
"I'm going to Taz's for a little, I'll be back." He said to Sera as he walked to the door.

Once John got to Taz's house he opened the door and immediately said "You're going back home arn't you."

  "What?" Was all Taz could muster.

  "You came herr to catch Keon and you got him. Now you're going back to New Boston arn't you."

  "No, me and Shannon are staying here for a while." Taz said. " The reason I called was because-"

  "We need to talk about the Crimson Spades" Shannon said cutting Taz off as she walked in behind John.

  "What about us?"

  "We need need another member. Since Randy walked out it has just been us." Taz said. "We were founded with four. We should continue to hold that number.

  "We think you should talk to-"

  "No. Sera's not getting involved." John said.

  "But John-"

  "No. What we do is dangerous, extremely so to new people. I don't want her to get hurt."

  "She's a god tier John." Taz said.

  "SO WAS I" John shouted back.  "There are schools run by God tier kings and queens."

  "I'm not saying there arn't any-"

  "What happens if one of them snaps like I did? They see us get involved they certainly arn't going to surrender. At least not until 50 fucking cops show up like I did."

  "John please."

  "No" he said turning around to leave.

"Damn it John!" Taz said slamming his fist onto the table as he stood up. "Do you have any idea what you are costing us?"

  John turned and staired Taz down with a fire in his eyes so bright he could've burned a hole in the table and said "my girlfriend." He then turned and left.

  "Great, now what the hell do we do?" Taz asked. "We can let her in ourselves, it has to be a unanimous vote."

  "First we can talk to her, if she's interested she'll have the easiest time convincing John." Shannon replied.

  Once John got home Sera could tell he was pissed. "Whatever Taz and Shannon try to get you to join just say you're not interested." He then said good night and locked himself in his room.

______________________________________

Sorry for the shorter chapter today. Writing block is a bitch. But look forward to the next few chapters which will be all about The Crimson Spades. So stay tuned and enjoy!

~WindTalker