Chapter three

"S-Sera" John said immediately looking at the floor.

"Hey guys, Taz invited me, hope you don't mind." Sera said. She wore a tank top and blue jeans and had a jacket that hung low on her shoulder like normal.

"A little bit yeah" Shannon said grabbing Taz's arm.

"Relax," Taz said putting an arm around Shannon. "Me and Sera got to talking today after I won my rank match. I invited her here for you." Taz looked a John.

"W-what?" John said, "You invited her here for me?"

"Yup," Taz answered. "Well we'll leave you two alone, me and Shannon are going shopping." Shannon let out a loud yay as Taz led her away.

"John-" Sera started.

"Let me stop you right there." John interrupted. "Please don't pretend." He swallowed hard, not knowing how to continue. "If you hate me I understand, I'd hate me too if I were in your shoes."

"Well then" Sera began, John braced for her response. "I guess it's a good thing your not in my shoes."

"W-what?" John said confused.

"Jesus Christ, do I have to spell it out for you?" Sera said laughing.

"So you don't hate me?" John asked still processing the situation.

Sera rolled her eyes, grabbed John and kissed him. The kiss only lasted a few seconds but it was enough to reassure John. "Does that answer your question?"

"Sera I-" John started.

"Shut up." She said as she kissed John again. John wrapped his arms around Seraphina and pulled her closer, keeping their lips locked together. Sera wrapped he arms around John. When the kids broke after a few minutes John looked Sera in the eyes and said "you have no idea how long I've wanted to do that."

"Well, I know something you want to do even more" Sera replied with a sly smile.

"Oh you dirty girl." John said smiling.

"No, I don't exactly want to fight the new guy, his ability is almost identical to mine, exepted he can control his fucking beams!" Blyke said as him, Remi and Isen walked past Sera and John.

"He's right Isen, besides, if he climbs the ranks your the next strongest." Remi said. "Oh hey Sera."

"Hey guys" she said.

"Oh, John, whatever happened to 'Sera I hate you and never want to see you again'?" Isen said bracing for a punch.

"Isen." John said "fuck off"

"What are you two doing here?" Remi asked

"Well, John came with Taz and his girlfriend, and Taz invited me to tag along, however Taz and his girl ditched us." Sera said. Just then Taz and Shannon came back, Shannon had three bags and Taz held a smaller one.

"Hey John, who's this?" Taz said walking up to the group.

"I'm Remi, Wellston's queen."

"Wellston's queen maybe, but not John's queen" Taz replied. Sera and John blushed.

Without thinking Blyke replied with "of course she's not John's queen, she's mine." Realizing what he just said he proceeded to turn around and walk away. Isen introduced himself then went after Blyke. Remi went after the two shortly after.

"So you two finally together?" Taz asked

"What gave it way?" John asked in response

"The way you both looked down at the floor and blushed." Taz responded with a smile. John and Sera just looked at each other then back at Taz.

"God your annoying" John said. "And I've missed you because of it." Him and Taz gave each other a high five.

"Oh by the way John, Shannon's paperwork went through, she has officially been accepted into Wellston."

"That's great." Sera said. "By the way, you never did tell me what your ability is."

"Well, simply put, I can control certain elements." Shannon answered.

"That's cool, that must make you a high tier?" Sera asked.

"Elite, like Taz."

"Who's stronger?"

"Level wise, me, in practice, she was the last time we sparred." Taz answered.

"Why is that?"

"His ability is based around fire, and heat energy, I can control fire, so I can use pieces of his kit against him."

"Oh that's cool." Sera said. "Can't wait for my ability to come back."

"Time manipulation, long story" John said, answering Taz's question before he even asked. "I'll tell you about it later."

"Best of luck with that" Shannon said.

"So I'd assume when you start at Wellston we'll see you start to rise the ranks as well?" John asked.

"Yup, what level is that Remi girl?"

"5.4, lightning ability" John responded

"Easy" Shannon said smuggly

"She won't be easy to beat," Sera said.

"I have my tricks." Shannon said, taking Taz's arm, "anyway, I'll see you guys tomorrow." The pair turned and walked away, leaving John and Sera standing in the mall. Alone. Together.