Chapter Thrity Seven

"Not so strong now are you?" Jerikah asked holding Eren's right arm behind his back.

  "Oh fuck you!" Eren yelled as he kicked his leg back. Jerikah spun, still keeping a grip on his right arm, she twisted until it made a loud crack. Before Eren could let out any sort of scream of pain Jerikah threw him up over her shoulder and flipped him onto the ground. The impact cracked the ground as Eren went limp.

  "Your turn." Jerikah said dropping Erens broken arm and stepping towards Kyle.

  "She's scary" Sera said, still sitting next to Cathy.

"Now you see why I took her side?" Cathy joked.

  Jerikah dashed at Kyle. Just in time Kyle created an elevated platform of stone. Jerikah backflipped of the platform as stone spikes shot out from the base. Scaling the wall in seconds Jerikah was face to face with Kyle.

  The fight between Jerikah and Kyle went on as Sera and Cathy sat on the wall. They continued to talk and had both powered down. Suddenly Sera had a bad feeling in her gut.

  "What's wrong?" Cathy asked. Noticing Sera wasn't quite right.

  "I just got this weird feeling," Sera answered. "I'm not sure what it is, but I've felt this way once before." She knew something was off, very off. She just didnt know exactly what.

  "I know what you mean, something  feels... off," Cathy responded. The two looked around for whatever could possibly be giving them this bad feeling.

  At this point Kyle was out cold. He was covered in blood and Jerikah had powered down and started to walk back towards John.

  "You could have killed both of them in a minute." John said.

  "Its a show. People like to watch fights. Not see two people die in a minute." Jerikah said. Maybe a bit too enthusiastically given the circumstances.

  "People will continue to step out of line if you continue to limit your yourself in combat."

  "God, now you're starting to sound like my asshole dipshit of a father." Jerikah said getting very serious.

  "Ok, I'm not that bad. I will never be that bad." John said.

  "You better not be. Or I will kill you."

  "I know you will." John said looking up at the roof of a near by building. "Something is off. Someone's up there."

  Suddenly a young male about 18 years of age jumped off the roof. He did a front flip before he hit the ground. He was wearing a blue and red snap back, aviator shades. He also had on a generic black and red t-shirt and blue jeans.

  "It him!" Sera shouted. "He has an ability dampener!"

  As soon as Sera said it John immediately recognized the felling. However it didn't seem like he was all too much weaker then normal, maybe a level, level and a half tops. Even with the effect John was still a god tier, what could this guy really do to him.

"Your pretty strong." The man said. "I want to challenge you. One v one." He said pointing at John.

  "You're on." John said. He stepped forward. He powered up. Jerikah powered up as to give him access to her ability then immediately powered down. "Damn, it doesn't level it up when he's around."

  "You won't have to worry about that. The man said as he removed his shades. His eyes. They weren't glowing?!?

  *His passive is that what weakens me? So he's a high tier then?* John thought. "Whats your level?" John asked the question everyone was thinking.

  "Somewhere between 7.0 and 9.0" he said coolly.

  "Thats a very large range there bud." Cathy yelled from the wall.

  "Enough chat, you ready?" The man said.

  "Hell yeah." John said confidently. He confidence wasn't misplaced. He had an overpowered ability and he could use Sera's and Cathy's if he needed then, as well as whatever the man in front of him had. Or so he thought.

  The man's eyes began to glow a dark blood red. Suddenly John's eyes stopped glowing. He was powerless? John looked down at himself. His aura flow was blocked.

  "Damn. You can block aura flows." John said. "A direct counter to someone like me."

  "Your smart." Thr man said. "Most people freak out where there ability Suddenly deactivates."

  "I'm used to playing cripple." John said. "I was a late bloomer, then played it here for over a year."

  "I'm not even going to ask why on that last part." The two were locked in a hand to hand match. Neither opponent able to land a hit on the other.

  "He's kinda hot." Cathy said.

  "Which one?"

  "Both."

  "The ravenette has an eight pack. Guess we gotta try to get this new guy out of his shirt." Sera joked.

  "Yeah--" Cathy paused. "How the hell do you know John has an eight pack?"

  "Beach day, plus I'm his girlfriend." Sera answered.

  "Lucky bitch." Cathy mumbled under her breath.

  "What was that?" Sera asked

  "Nothing,  nothing."

  "Thats what I thought." Sera said turning back to watch the fight. It was still a stalemate. Suddenly the man landed a hit on John.

  "He hit him?" Cathy said surprised.

  "He let him." Sera said. "Watch." As if on queue John used the opening left from the strike to land a hit of his own. He used the momentum he had to spin and hit the man again. Unfortunately he blocked another shot and hit John.

  Eventually both fighters ran out of energy. The man dropped and took a seat on the ground. "I yield." He said.

  "Wow." John said. Gasping tring to catch his breath. "Your better then I thought." John said as he let himself fall onto his back. "The fuck is your name anyway?"

  "Call me Andy."

  "Well then Andy, your one of the few people who can really give me a challenge." John said. "And to think, all your ability does is level the playing field."

  "There is a bit more to it then that." Andy said laughing.