Chapter Fourty

"So my star has betrayed me." A man said as he sat in his chair. "My best pupil. It's a shame really."

"Sir," Someone said. "You seem a bit too calm givin the situation. We lost all of our pilliars."

"As I said. It's quite a shame." He sipped at his glass of whiskey. "Begin plan breakpoint. The new generation of pillars is soon to be born. Among them, the most powerful person the world has ever seen."

"But Jerikah is-"

"Jerikah is weak!" The man slammed his had into his table. She is cocky and overestimates herself. Yes a 9.2 is nothing to scoff at, but a member of the next generation is much. Much. Stronger."

"I don't understand sir."

"John Doe and Seraphina. The third and forth most powerful people in the world. They will have a son."

"Sir I'm still confused-"

The man stood up. An Ember fire burning in his dark eyes. It was clear then. He had seen a vision of what was to come. If he could get to the boy he could complete his mission. He only needed more time.

"Begin Operation Breakpoint."

"Yes sir! Right away!" Everyone inside the room left to begin the task they had all just received.

"Now Johnny boy, do exactly as I want." The man sipped his whiskey again.

People were scrambling all around trying to pack what they could.

"Sir. We're ready." A man said.

"Good. Where are Claire and Adrion?"

"Right here." The two came into the room.

"Remember your job?"

"Yes sir" the two said in unison.

"Good." The man said as he punched Adrion in the face. Breaking his nose and knocking him unconscious. Claire soon lost consciousness as well. "Bring me the 'expendables'"

Twelve people walking into the room. Within seconds they were all shot and scattered around the room.

"Lets get out of here." The man said as he walked outside and got into a blue Mitsubishi Eclipse. Two Ford F-150s followed.

The man and his crew left just in time. Minutes later John and Jerikah burst the door down. The sight they were met with made there stomachs uneasy. Shannon threw up and only John, Jerikah and Taz were able to go inside.

Peices of human flesh, blood, and spent bullet casing littered the room.

"Do you think anyone is alive?" Taz asked.

"Give me a minute." John said focusing on trying to detect even the slightest aura.

He then walked over to two bodies. One male and one female. He placed two fingers on the girls neck. "She has a pulse!" He called. With Taz's help they got her out of the room. John was to focused and trying to find another survivor, or atleast a sign of one that he didn't recognize the girl.

"Anyone else?" Jerikah asked.

"I don't know, I think I see something in the corner, but I doubt it, I mean there are at least three people there and the one is ripped apart." Then he felt it. An ability activated. John had felt that ability before. "Adrion?" He said outloud.

Taz and Jerikah looked at him then back at the corner. John started walking towards the pile until he suddenly stopped. He turned to Taz. "Adrion is alive in there." His eyes were wide.

Despite the grizzly scene and mass of torn flesh John and Taz were able to free Adrion. As soon as Taz and John dragged him out of the room covered in blood and bits of flesh John clapsed to the ground.

"I am never going in there again." He said trying to catch his breath.

"It's ok. Jerikah said. "You don't have to." She pointed over to Claire who was just starting to wake up.

Once Claire was awake enough to speak John approached.

"Claire," John said walking over to her and crouching down. "I want you to tell us exactly what happened her today."