Chapter Twenty-Four

"We got our asses kicked. Me and Sera were the only ones who could even touch him." John said to the Headmaster.

"So you're telling me that four god tiers students with range support for 27 high tiers can barely touch this guy, yet some stranger appears out of nowhere and wins single handedly?" The Headmaster asked.

"Yes sir, I am." John answered.

"Keene." The Headmaster said. "No one leaves the school grounds without seeing me first."

"Vaughn-" Keene said getting cut off.

"First Ember starts attacking the nearby area, then the Authorities try sticking their nose in my business, now this." The headmast said. "Nobody leaves."

"Sir."

"There is something else sir." John said. "About 3 months ago, and Sera was still a cripple. Arlo, Sera and Isen apparently did some research into a student here." He paused. "Terrence."

"Terrence is only a mid tier, what trouble can he cause?"

"His ability makes him a perfect spy. The incident at the mall with Blyke, Isen, and Remi last year was reported the the paper with details only people there should have know, me and Sera came into contact with someone with a similar ability one night, and he snuck up on me and Shannon and I know he heard some private things." John said. "With your permission I'd like to do more research."

"If your saying you want my help, then no."

"No sir, I'm asking permission to do my own investigation with the help of the royals."

"Keene." The Headmaster said. "Call the press team and the rest of the royals in for level tests. When you are done call a few of the other students, make it seem random." He turned to face John. I want to know if we have another forged transcript."

"Yes sir."

"John. You are the only one to know about this. Other the our Queen and Jack who should have graduated two years ago."

"Sera?"

"If what you tell me is true, she already knows." The Headmaster said. "Now you're dismissed."

"Thank you sir." John turned and walked out the door. *Telling him about that chick with lightning would definitely make him think I was lying.* he thought as he went to find the other royals.

"Sir, what reason should I give for the lockdown?" Keene asked.

"Tell them Ember is operating in the area, since everyone knows Wellston has the highest concentration on high tiers in the area, so they should  understand."

"And the food situation?"

"We will provide meals to the dorms." The Headmaster said adjusting his glasses. "If we run out, send one of the staff members to get some from the local grocery stores."

"I'll make the announcement after the period ends." Keene said. "How long do you expect this to last?"

  "At least until the weekend. Maybe more, but if John can prove his theory on Terrence  we may be able to let them out early." He crossed his arms on his desk. "Keene I need you to promise me that what I'm about to tell you does not leave this room."

  "Of course sir."

  "Terrence. He is definitely suspicious." The Headmaster said. "The mall incident, the incident with John and Seraphina in the park, and God knows what else." He let out a deep breath. "If he really is connected to ember, he has information on every high tier student in the building."

  "Shall I make the announcement?" Keene said.

  "No, I'll do it." The Headmaster stood up and walked over to the P.A. speaker.

  "Attention students and staff. I regret to inform you that we have had multiple reports of Ember operating in the area. Because of the large amount of high tier students enrolled here at Wellston has caused us much concern for the safety of our students. Because of these concerns we have decided to institute a lockdown. Our security will be working to insure no body enters the school, or the property including the dorms. We will still be hold classes normally, we will just not allow students to leave the property. The school will provide three meals a day during this time." He paused. "Safety is our number one priority. Which is why I would like to see every high tier student in my office."