Chapter five

When the trio entered John's dorm Sera sprung up off the couch and immediately hugged John. "I'm so glad your ok." She said with tears in her eyes.

"That's right, I'm fine, we all are." John said hugging Sera back. "The spare bedroom is over there." He pointed to a closed door.

"Thanks," Taz said as he and Shannon walked inside and shut the door.

"$10 says they fuck each other silly in there." Sera Joked.

"I hope not, especially after the agreement we made," John replied. "They won't fuck as long as we don't."

At this Sera burst out laughing. "Ok, I can get behind that." She said smiling. "So keep your mitts off my ass."

John smiled. "Fine, I'll keep my hands off your ass." He grinned a toothy grin. "But I will do this." He put his hands on Sera's face and pressed his lips to hers. This action took her by surprise but she soon accepted the kiss and wrapped her arms around John's back.

Once they broke their kiss Sera said "You smooth bastard." John smiled as Sera kissed him again. John picked Sera up and she wrapped her legs around him as he walked into his bedroom. Once he laid her down on the bed he broke the kiss.

"Well, unless we want them fucking like rabbits all night we should probably get some rest, after all we have to be at school in four hours." He said. Sera knew he was right, and so they eventually fell asleep.

Six hours later John and Taz were both in the headmasters office. Keene was taking notes as John helped Taz explain what had happened the night before.

"The way it sounds to me is that you shot him before he was a threat." Headmaster Vaughn said.

"Sir, with all due respect." John started. "My passive ability allows me to sense other people's aura." He took a breath, watching the headmaster. "I was able to sense his presence, and that his ability was active."

"Very well, but Taz had no way of knowing." Vaughn said. "Therefore we have a very bad situation. Considering there is one individual who is deceased." John froze. "John? Is everything ok?" Vaughn asked seeing John's reaction.

"I- I killed him?" John asked hesitantly.

"I'm not sure who killed him."

"I killed him." John said. "I know I did. He came up behind us, went for Taz, I shot him." John stopped. "He managed to sneak up on me."

"Interesting, didn't you say your passive allows you to detect others aura?"

"Yes," John answered. "However I'm convinced it was the same group who attacked my house last year. They came back for Sera."

"You have no way or reason to believe that" Keene spoke up.

"Actually-" Taz interrupted. "They had an ability dampener."

"How do you know?" Vaughn and Keene asked in unison.

"I was there when they raided my house, they beat two god tiers and got away." John answered. "So I have experience fighting against one, and trust me, this was very similar."

"With all do respect Headmaster." Taz began. "You didn't let me in Wellston because of my manuscripts. You let me in because you didn't have much of a choice." He paused.

"What are you talking about?" John asked.

"I'll explain later." Taz answered turning his attention back to the Headmaster and Keene. "You exepted me because the New Boston Special Tactical Unit wanted me here. Wellston was to simply be the front for my operation." He looked at the utterly confused John before continuing. "As a God tier and a NB STU agent I've seen a bunch of different abilities. But I have never seen anything that seemingly drains your ability."

"Mr. Keene" the Headmaster said

"Yes sir?"

"Get me the New Boston STU on the phone. Tell them their agents may have been compromised and we await instructions on what to do next." He turned back to John and Taz. "As for you two. No one can know about this attack. And no one can know Taz is an STU agent." He looked at John "understand that last part?"

"Yes sir."

"Good. Now make sure Seraphina knows to keep her lips tight, we can't have this slip." Vaughn said. "Other then that, your dismissed"

As Taz and John walked out of the Headmaster's office Taz looked at John and said "Seraphina can keep her lips tight for anyone but you, you Johnny boy get all the tongue."

"Fuck you!" John said punching Taz.