Chapter Twenty-Three

It was 8:24 in the morning and the group was packing John's car. Blyke said he'd find his own way home, not mentioning the round trip airplane ticket he had bough to get there in the first place.

  "Damn i'm hungry." Taz said closing the trunk.

  "I told you, we'll  all get something on the way back." John replied.

  In about 10 minutes the crew was on the open road. After stopping at a McDonald's and getting breakfast sandwiches they were off again. They made some small talk, mostly the guys taking about their dream cars.

  "Gen 2 firebird" John answered. "74-79, classic black and gold"

  "Can you even drive stick?" Sera asked.

  "My first car was a manual. Chevy Cobalt." John replied. "Matte black with blue highlights."

  "What happened to it?" Sera asked.

  "Engine problems, cost more to fix then it was worth, so I got this on a good deal."

  Sera was the only one in the car who didn't know it was a lie. Even though the accident wasn't John's fault, many wouldn't get in a car with him again.

  "Anyway, Taz what's your dream car." John asked changing the subject.

  "68 Chevelle SS" Taz said smuggly.

  "Midnight blue corvette stingray." Shannon said before anyone could ask her. "Gen 2 or 3"

  "I can see you driving one of those, hard or T-top?" John asked.

  "T-top" she answered "don't rain much in Wellston."

  "How about you Sera?" Taz asked.

  "Oh I don't know,  I don't really know much about cars." Sera responded.

  "Favorite movie or TV show?" Taz said

  "I don't know, John got me into black lagoon."

  "John what car does Benny Boy drive?" Taz asked

  "I think its a Dodge coronet." John answered.

"R/T?"

  "I think, but I don't know."

  "Well, either way, it's a good car." Taz said.

  " I just love how you too idiots just took off running with it, despite Sera very clearly not saying she even liked the car." Shannon said trying to hold back laughing.

  A few hours later the group arrived back at Wellston. 

  "My god my legs hurt." Taz said as they got out of the car.

  "Shut up and open the door." John said as he picked up all of his and Sera's things. "And don't forget your shit in my car."

  As the group walked toward their dorms they passed a few students, one of which John was growing very tired of.

  "Glad to see the powerful royals of Wellston have returned."

  "Zeke." John said. "Fuck off, eat shit, and die, in whichever order you please."

  Zeke simply had no choice, he obeyed John and simply walked away.

  "Whats up with him?" Shannon asked.

  "Other then lack of respect, sucking up to the powerful, and beating those weaker then him just because he can?" Sera replied.

  "Sounds like other people I know." Shannon answered.

  Around a nearby corner a phone rang.

  "Hello? Yes they just arrived."

  "Good, keep an eye on them."

  "I'm trying sir, but I know one of then can sense aura."

  "And another can since your heat presents. Just. Keep. An. Eye. On. Them."

  "Yes sir, but what am I to do if I'm caught."

  "Answer the questions honestly."

  "But sir-"

  "Relax, they are weak."

  "The weakest one is a 7.2"

  "They are all weak. Eren did his job and proved it."

  "Speaking of, how is he?"

  "He's ok, Kyle went a bit overboard in my opinion though."

  "Shit, they're coming." The phone was hung up and the call was ended.

  The group walked by continuing to make small talk as they walked back to their dorms, no one noticed a silent mid tier standing near a corner.

  The four got to John and Sera's dorm, after a bit more talking Taz and Shannon left to head to their own dorms.

  Sera unlock the door and held it open so John could bring in all the bags. Once he was inside and set then down Sera closed and locked the door behind.

  "Damn it's good to be back." John said taking a seat on the couch.

  "Yeah but I did enjoy our time in New Boston." Sera said sitting beside him.

  "Yeah, it was nice being back, but this place is you and I met," John said leaning over and kissing Sera. "Besides, Randy and Adrion are the only 'friends' I still have up there, if you can even call them that." John said putting air quotes on the word friends.

  "I'm sure there are others." Sera said.

  "I wouldn't, you heard that I literally hospitalized half of my graduating class. Not many people that I knew were happy to see me there this weekend." John said, "and I don't even know if Adrion forgave me, I haven't spoken to him in like three years."

  "I don't know," Sera said. "But I do know, I'm beat, let's get some sleep."

  "I agree with that," John said. "I guess I'll have to report into the headmaster's office tomorrow to give a report."

  "Yeah, I guess so." Sera agreed. "Now let's get some sleep."

  The two went to bed and fell asleep shortly there after.