Chapter 22

I wont lie the way I used to see Sandiso has changed, I see him now as a complicated person with a lot of things he has to deal with, he is fighting a lot of internal battles yet he manages to be there for everyone. He can shut everyone away today and tomorrow he is back to his usual self. He is definitely unemphatic sometimes because when I asked him how he feels about killing Luthuli someone who was considered family by his parents he just said. "How should I feel, he was trying to kill me and I did what I had to do to protect myself. The only thing I regret is not protecting the mother of my child. "

His response shocked me, he feels the killing is justified and he will do it again. I am don't know to feel about that, I don't know how to feel about knowing this side of him. I know I love him and I promised to love all of him and this is all of him. Him saying the killing is justified reminds me of the day I came back after telling him I am getting rid of the pregnancy the day before, he creeped me out when I woke up to be met by his eyes, there was something in his eyes and the way he asked if I had done the abortion. That moment there was scary, and I somehow know he would have done something to me, he is very protective of his kids and would do anything for them, which is why he told me he is going to tell his dad about what he did.

I was against it, I am against it he went to his father right now and I cant reach him so I am driving to his parents house, there must be another way to do this other than coming clean. This will tear his family apart this will break the relationship he has with his father. I park my car in the yard and his car is here, so is his brothers cars. I hear commotion inside the house I don't even bother knocking I walk in and I see Zano standing in between his father and Sandiso. "How could you? How could you do that to my brother?" Baba says he is shouting. "Baba that man wasn't even your brother. We all know that he is the reason why my brother is dead. He is the one who started these unnecessary wars with the other associations." Sandiso says. Dammit I wish he could just humble himself right now and focus on what's important.

Baba keeps quiet now. Looks at Soso like he wants to murder him. "Why would you bring up Zwelibanzi to this?" His mother says. I would also like to know why would he do that. "Ma we know its true, he is the one that sent the taxis in our enemies route. He wanted blood, that's the only thing that made that man happy. If he was alive how many of us would be alive? How many people would we have to kill? Huh?" He says. His dad throws a punch and it lands on his nose blood flows and that seems to give Mr Ngidi more strength to keep going.

He throws several other punches which land on his face, Soso is not defending himself. Jama jumps in to protect him brother instead Zanengcebo stops him. "Let them be, Sandiso is way too disrespectful. Let them sort it out they will realise what they are doing is nonsense" Zano says as he takes a seat pours himself some whiskey and continues watching my fiancé being battered. Sandiso doesn't react he just takes the beating like a man. Mr Ngidi looks satisfied now, he stops I rush to check him out and there is a lot of blood. He coughs up blood. MaShenge helps me get him up.

"Take him home, I still need to deal with Ngidi call me when you get home please leave." MaShenge begs me when we get to the car. He is in pain but him being the person he is, he is quiet. I drive home as quickly as I could. When we get home I help him out of the car and I leave him in bed while I run him a bath, I have to make sure the water is just right he hates it when the water is too warm/hot. I put some bath salts that helped when Siya beat me, they somehow sooth the physical pain and relaxes the muscles. He walks to the bathroom and I wasn't done with the water. "Don't bother yourself with all that. I just to shower I will be fine." He says being stubborn.

"Hlomuka, come on. I took my time preparing this water for you so please get in. You will feel better after." I beg him. He doesn't fight it, I help him take of his clothes and my man is bruised. It pains me seeing him like this. "Why didn't you fight back?" I ask. "I am a lot of things but I will never touch my father, he always does this when we get out of hand he did it a lot when we were younger. You just let him be till he is satisfied so that it becomes easier to talk to him the next day, so don't worry I will be fine in a week." He says.

In The Mind of a Zulu Wife Book 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें