Chapter 2

I have been looking at the clock for the past 30 minutes I just want to go home I have had enough for the day, the company is changing ownership and as the financial manager I am supposed to get the financials in order before the new owners start next week Monday and they expect me to have everything in place and I only started working here three months back even I don't know some of the things here, but it is what it is. This meeting was supposed to be over 30 minutes ago and this man has talking for the past 2 hours. I hate it here. "Tell your spouses that you will be working late for the whole week we have a lot of things to get in place before the new owners take over, I will need you to put in the hours. You are dismissed for the night have a great night see you in the morning." Mr Mkhize the current owner informs us. Great, I thought he would never finish.

When I got home there is no car in the garage and the lights are off so this means they are not home, but why didn't Siya text to say he is taking the kids out. I walk in the house and I get comfortable let me call and find out where they are. On the third ring he answers. "Hello." "hey where are you I just got home?" I ask. "Oh so you decided to come home late today, I went to Nandi's house I was not in a mood to cook, and you know I hate fast food, so I went home." He replies. Wow that was cold, I wonder what is his problem and he went to Nandi's house during my week? What level of disrespect is this?

So since we are sharing him, he is supposed to stay with me in this week and in the next week he goes to Nandi's house and like so forth. So him going to her house during my week is just plain disrespectful. "What the f*ck is your problem, you know this is my week and I told you I might be late today you know that and you know I always meal prep and the food is in the fridge just warming up the food would have been enough." I say with anger and my voice slightly raised. I am fuming. He takes a deep breath before he answers back. "Firstly don't swear when talking to me, and you are probably drunk right now so I don't have time to argue with your drunk a*s. So have a goodnight we will talk in the morning when you are sober." He hangs up. WTF? I know I might have a drinking problem but I don't drink on work nights and he just assumed that I am drunk. I cant believe Siya, I call again and it sends me straight to voice mail. Okay let me calm down, and a glass of wine sounds good right now but I know it will not be one glass so its not a great idea, let me just warm up some food and call it a night.

Next evening

I managed to get out of early today I lied about a family emergency and I made sure I completed work for the day, just so I can talk to my husband I didn't like the way things ended yesterday. I got home and the kids are already back I missed my babies, I chat to them a bit about how their day was. They then go back to watching whatever they were watching on the TV. "Siya, we need to talk about yesterday." I say and we walk to the kitchen where the kids cant hear us. "Look I am sorry for the way I talked to you yesterday, I got carried away and I said some things I shouldn't have said." He apologizes.

"I am also sorry for swearing, but you make me angry and you continue to make me angry and I don't know if you are doing this on purpose or what, but you always find a way to make me angry, to disrespect me. Why would you go to her house on days you know are mine? I also need you, I am also your wife, you don't know what I am dealing with, you don't know how I am doing you don't know anything about me anymore you don't even bother to at least know. When last did you ask me how I am doing like genuinely ask how I am doing?" I say with tears forming in my eyes.

He keeps quiet and doesn't reply like he is processing what I just said. "You are right, I need to do better I am sorry." He apologizes. " You know what this weekend will be you and me, I will take the kids to my parents so that we will spend some time alone, because I feel like things have changed between us for obvious reasons but I would like to fix things between us, you do know that I love you right." He says and I am looking into his eyes and he means it, I nod and I suddenly feel my cheeks get warm and I blush, I love this man but yeah he has put me through a lot I don't know how much of this I can take. He leans in and kisses me I felt some sparks I haven't felt in a while. I kiss him back. The rest of the evening was amazing we spent the whole night chatting and joking around and I enjoyed it, and I was intimate with my husband which is something we haven't done in a long time, I felt close to him like before he involved someone else in our marriage.