Chapter 26

Morning

I wake up and I have a terrible headache. I might have overdone it yesterday. I look for my headache pills I cant find them anywhere. How did Soso pick me up from the couch to the bed? The headache is not going away a hot coffee would do. I walk to the kitchen and Soso is there drinking coffee. He doesn't speak to me what is his problem I haven't forgotten he cheated on me. I don't greet him I make coffee for myself and all this is done silently. Till he finally speaks. "I didn't know you drink that much what were we celebrating?" He asks. I don't answer him I drink my coffee silently. "I asked a question" He says. "We were celebrating that you proved me right. I saw you yesterday with Anathi. I never realized how great you and Bophela's mom look." I say. He looks like he trying to remember what I am talking about. "Oh that. That was nothing." He dismisses me.

"F*ck no Sandiso Ngidi you are not going to make me feel like a fool, you promised to take care of my heart and for you to step on it." I say. "You didn't just swear at me? You never do that never! Talk to me when you are calm" He says standing up to leave. Sandiso is a psycho no regard for my feelings whatsoever. He isn't getting away with this, I let Siya get away with hurting me I am not allowing it again. "F*ck no, what are you going to do? Beat me? Is that what you do beat women?" I say, I want him to get angry, I don't know why but I want him to be mad. He takes a deep breath. "Nobuntu leave me alone." He says. I don't move. He looks at me again and he sits down. "Nothing is going on between me and Anathi. Are you aware that today is our anniversary? " He asks.

To be honest I forgot but that's besides the point. "What does that have to do with anything?" I ask. "She owns a décor company so yesterday I wanted to ask her to help me decorate the venue for our anniversary the reason we were at the mall is because she didn't have the color of the fabrics I wanted." He says explaining. Well that doesn't make it true. He takes his phone out of his pockets and he shows me their texts. He is telling the truth, here he they are talking about color schemes and the material. I am wrong again, I feel like such an idiot. "I am sorry,." I apologize.

"You can be so childish sometimes. I always tell you talk to me about things we are both adults in this relationship. You really do need to see someone about these issues you have. We cant go on like this. You will destroy this relationship and it will be on you." He says. "You were with your baby momma who you are notorious for running to what was I supposed to believe? I don't it when you are with her." I say. "That's what you should have told me that you don't like it when I am with her. Not this thing of yours to cause unnecessary drama. Now I have an event to prepare for I will pick up at 3pm I will send a dress for you." He says like I just ruined his day. He leaves. I just ruined the surprise, he just wanted to something nice for me and I f***d up.

We are driving to the venue and we are silent, my sister picked something perfect for me she picked a maroon dress with sleeves that stops at my knees, it look fits my figure perfectly my belly is not showing as much it just shows off my curves. She matched it with maroon puma sneakers with silver ribbons as its laces that matches my jewelry. I love her for this I don't like heels they make my life difficult, so this is perfect. "You look beautiful." He finally says. I blush. "You also look amazing. And happy anniversary." I say. He smiles. He then plays our favorite song in the car. We vibe to it and we sing along. I guess I am forgiven for what happened but I still want to apologise. "I am sorry. I was wrong for accusing you." I apologize.

"Its fine, I get where you are coming from, but please don't make this a habit." He says. He parks the car on the beach, it looks like there are boats here. "We are here." He says. I stop him and look at him and I lean for a kiss and he kisses me back passionately. We walk to one of the yachts here, and we stop at this one which looks beautiful and expensive, he leads me and we get there and he insists on closing my eyes. I already know its our anniversary there is no need for all this.

We finally stop somewhere, he unties the ribbon he used to close my eyes and I am met with my kids who have huge smiles on their faces. They are wearing maroon suits well my side of family is wearing maroon and his side of the family is wearing black. The twins are wearing silver that's clever. His dad is here, I guess this means that they are getting along again. The kids have signs that read 'marry me again? '

"I know we didn't start off this day well but we are, and I know we are married but I realized that I haven't properly asked you to marry me, so please marry me again. So we can do things right this time. I want you to be recognized by my ancestors so that both our families will wear silver suits like the twins who symbolize our bond." He says and everyone laughs. He then goes down on one knee. "Marry me again, and make me happy again. Nondaba." He says. "Yes I will marry you again." I tear up . I am lucky to have someone like Sandiso Ngidi in my life. "I know I am not the easiest person to deal with especially lately but you are very patient with me, you continue to show me love even I know I don't deserve it. I had my doubts about you at the beginning but you continue to prove me wrong. I know you don't like it when I say this but you are a beautiful man, you are amazing and I love you." I say. He kisses me to hide that he is blushing from his brothers.