Chapter 4

Work was great today, the new management has a lot of programs to benefit us, they are not firing anyone as yet which is great news. They even gave us a half day which is just great I went shopping with my half day so, I guess you can say I am having a great day. I am invited to diner in my uncles house. I am looking forward to just spending time with my uncle and his new family and learn what type of life he has led since he stopped gambling. I haven't informed my parents that I have seen him, I think he will make contact again when he is ready even though my dad has continuously rejected his apologies. I am with my sons so they will meet their grandfather today I would be with Siya but he already met my uncle, and this is not my week he is with Nandi. I knock when I get there and he opens the door. With a warm smile, and he hugs me. He bends and just as he was about to great the little one Maqhawe greats first.

"Hi Khulu I am Maqhawe Xaba, why do you look like my Khulu?" He says. He refers to my father as Khulu and I guess he can see the resemblance. Qhawe is that kid who says whatever is on his mind and doesn't care of what he said will hurt you or not, but at least he has manners. "Nice to meet you Maqhawe, your Khulu is my brother, that's why I look like him." My uncle replies. He then turns to look at Siyasamkela. "I am Siyasamkela, nice to meet you khulu." He says and takes his hand out for a handshake so formal. My uncle shakes it. "Siya nice to meet you too." He says. "Khulu don't call me Siya my dad is Siya, I am Samkela." He says and we burst out laughing but Samkela doesn't get what the reason behind our laughter. We walk in the house and it seems we are the first ones here.

I see my uncles fiancé and she smiles with a huge smile. She also greets the kids and my uncle takes them and shows them around the house leaving me with his fiancé. "Zakhele told me you are in a polygamous marriage, I am way too familiar with it and my daughter also unfortunately decided to also get in into a polygamous marriage. So if you ever want to talk I am here, because I know all about it. " She says. While chopping the onions. "So how did you finally leave?" I ask curiously. "Well I left because I finally found someone who loved me just as much as I loved him. Which gave me courage to leave. To be honest with you my experience was great because I was the 3rd wife, and not a lot was expected from me, I married this guy because I was in love with his lifestyle. I never loved him so leaving was easy." She says being completely honest. "I wish that was the case with me, I love this guy and with everything in me and I am the first wife and I feel he loves his 2nd wife more than he loves me, which hurts me the most. I have tried to leave him before I didn't even last long I went back after 3 months." I open up. "You will one day find the strength to leave, and until that happens you leaving will always lead to you going back. You need to find that strength." She says. We are interrupted by 2 girls they are twins I assume they look like one person who are so beautiful they look like her. They greet us but they are too familiar in my eyes. She introduces them. She then instructs them to set up the table. "Where is your sister, she has never met Zakhele because she is always too busy, I guess she is still upset that I left your father." She says.

"She probably is still upset because she always saw you and dad as perfect ambassadors of polygamy and when you left dad I guess she was disappointed." Nompumelelo the older twin answers. "Or her husband is keeping her busy and the kids are giving her a hard time, have you seen how happy they are and she is probably pregnant again, last time we saw her she had gained a bit of weight." Nonhlakanipho says. "We doubted that she would be happy but it seems like the husband knows what he is doing. She's never been this happy." Uncles fiancé says. Just then she walks in and they were right she is pregnant. I haven't seen her in months. Our relationship is very strange we mostly talk on the phone to arrange for anything that needs to be arranged. We have a civil relationship with each other. She walks in with my husband well our husband and their sons. I cant believe this the world is really small. They greet the family and they are both shocked to see me here.