19. Admiring Me

Chapter Nineteen

Last day of filming.
And you were filming your last scene.
It'd been three weeks since you got here.
And yet it was the last day of filming.
And the last scene.
You were currently in Genoa, a city not too far away from Milan. When you said this place was gorgeous, you meant it was GORGEOUS.
The emerald waters glistened softly as the blazing sun shined down upon them, the calm sea breeze filled the air with that scent that you could never get sick of. The buildings jutted out of the size of the cliff that was looking out into the ocean, the orange and blue toned limestone buildings everywhere you turned. There was always a musician playing traditional Italian music along the brick streets.
And everything about it was perfect.
Except the fact that you were currently on the ground bleeding out, pretending to be dead.
Don't worry.
She survives in the end.
At this point, you weren't even in character. You were just lying helplessly on the ground. You felt arms wrap around your body, bringing you onto their lap. Well, Jungwoo's lap.
You were so tired that you couldn't even understand what he was saying.
And it was only 5 PM.
You'd shot this one scene about six times. Whether it be one of you started laughing, if Changkyun accidentally walked in, Suhyun running into the camera, the mic guy dropping the massive thing on top of the both of you.
That hurt.
Yet, you still couldn't wrap your head around the fact that this was your last day of filming. Sure, you had two more weeks when you got back home, but wow. You'd been doing this for so long that you don't know what it's going to feel like when it's all gone.
Would you get a chance to do it all again? Would this be your last time to ever experience something like this?
You couldn't go back to how your old life you used to be, but then you realized that you never would.
"I love you." Jungwoo uttered, snapping you out of your thoughts. You felt his face nuzzle into your neck, a single tear falling from his face and soaking into your skin, and then immediately lifting himself up as soon as the director shouted the last "cut" of the day. The entire set erupted into claps and cheers of joy. Jungwoo grinning brightly at you while brushing off another tear was the first thing you saw when you finally opened your eyes. He stood up, pulling you up by your arm and began to clap for you.
You clapped for him too.
The cameras for the variety show zoomed in one last time, getting the shot of you high fiving each other, even a small hug. The rest of the cast and staff gathered around, Changkyun specifically somehow finding a way to squeeze in next to you as you all took your last photo of everyone in Italy.
You had one more day here.
Everything finally calmed down and before you knew it, you were attacked with a hug from Suhyun.
"You did so well at being dead!" She squealed giddily. Never did you think to hear someone say that so happily.
"Thanks? I don't know what to say Suhyun."
Mijoo came over to you, softly telling you about how good you were at acting while she rubbed off all the fake blood that was dripping down your "pretty" face.
She tended to do that a lot.
She handed you a change of clothes and you quickly changed out of your bloodied outfit, getting a bit of it on your hands but not that you minded.
When your returned, you saw that Suhyun's attention had turned to Jungwoo, who was slipping off the dirty gray blazer he had worn for his scene and replacing it with a green hoodie, softly brushing his hand through his blonde hair.
"That last scene." She started, pointing her finger at him, making Jungwoo tilt his head instinctively,
"That was really convincing. I've seen you both kiss way too much but something about that scene just looked genuine."
You grinned at Suhyun words, taking the makeup wipe from Mijoo and ushering her to hurry up and leave. She had a husband and daughter to go be with. She thanked you one last time before she headed out.
Mijoo was great.
You wanted to keep her as your permanent stylist but you didn't want to hold her to you.
"I guess, Jungwoo is that great of an actor." You responded, to which Jungwoo came back with,
"I'm not that good of an actor." Jungwoo awkwardly muttered, rubbing his nape with his hand, avoiding making eye contact with you for the first few seconds.
"Don't put yourself down like that, Woo. You're awesome." You encouraged, to which he lifted up his head and gave you that signature smile of his.
There was no friend like Kim Jungwoo.
"You're great too, Eggo."
You flinched slightly at his voice and he instinctively placed a comforting hand on your shoulder for a few seconds before turning to everyone else, making sure no one else noticed.
"You guys did great too." He gently smiled, and you could see the obvious confusion on everyone's faces. Suhyun leaned in and whispered into your ear,
"Is he okay?" She pointed at a very unamused Changkyun with her thumb.
"You know I can hear you, right?"
Suhyun's eyes widened in shock. You couldn't tell if she was joking or not. Suhyun was a hard person to understand. She gently backed away from you, eyeing Changkyun and throwing random hand signals at you.
You didn't know if you were supposed to understand them or...?
You felt Changkyun take a step away from you, making you turn to look at him. He was looking straight forward at the person that was coming you way.
In the last almost two weeks, Changkyun had developed an unhealthy fear of Yuta.
You swore you saw him tremble every time he came into view. You've had to assure him that Yuta was a gentle person. They were literally friends for gods sake.
If he found out that the two of you were together, he wouldn't do anything about it. He had his own boyfriend, he had no reason for preventing you for having one of your own.
Though you did understand why he was afraid.
Yuta was a very intimidating looking person. He had a resting bitch face, but so did Changkyun so you honestly weren't sure why he seemed to cower in fear every time he came around.
"Two more weeks, huh?" Yuta asked, taking the makeup wipe from your hand and throwing it into the nearest trash can.
"Yup. Just two more."
"How long will it take for it to come out?"
"Winter this year or early next year." Jungwoo chimed in, resting his chin on Yuta's shoulder comfortably, but then lifting himself off.
"WinWin hyung would get jealous, wouldn't he?" Jungwoo questioned to which Yuta let out a small chuckle.
"Probably, but it's just you."
Instead, Jungwoo rested his elbow on Yuta's shoulder, leaning his head on his own arm and letting the man hold him up.
"Do you guys have plans after filming is over?" Yuta was loaded with questions.
"Not really. Maybe a fashion show or two? Some music? It all depends on the company." Suhyun answered simply, urging everyone else to answer with her widened eyes.
"I'm filming a movie in two months. I was given a temporary break and then I'll get back to work." Jungwoo said while he ran a hand through his hair again. He made himself more comfortable on Yuta's shoulder, which you seriously didn't know could happen.
"Nothing that I know of. But who knows, maybe I'll get thrown somewhere soon." Changkyun sighed, rolling his eyes at the thought of it. The company was definitely very spontaneous when it came to Changkyun and in the short amount of time you'd been with them, it was definitely obvious to see.
"I have a couple of brand deals, so a couple of photo shoots here and there. I've been offered an invite to a fashion show so maybe I'll step outside of the box and do that."
An ooh came from Yuta.
"Little Y/N's getting busy I see." He joked around, playfully messing up your hair as he always does. And you glared at him as you always did.
"I'm proud of you, Peachy. You deserve it all."
"Thanks, Yu."
He huffed at you, making that face Taeyong used to make whenever Jisung started acting like a person over the age of three. You didn't know how to describe it but that's exactly what he was doing.
You watched as everyone left, heading out into separate cars. Some headed to the house, others headed to other schedules in the area.
But not you.
Not Changkyun either.
You both were headed for the airport.
Both of you were going back home today.
You didn't know what luck you both had, but somehow you both were scheduled to go back home today instead of tomorrow. Even Jooheon was staying here for the last day. It didn't make sense to you whatsoever, but you weren't exactly complaining.
You were getting a bit homesick.
Saera and Changkyun's manager, Leo, if you remembered correctly had already packed all your luggage so you could get in the car and head straight to the airport. So, that's what you did.
Changkyun opened the door for you, taking the seat next to you in the back.
He made fun of you for all the blood you had to have on your face, making you pout slightly but you didn't mind. He'd tell you that he was just joking and he watched as you happily slipped your hand into his.
"What's with the confidence?" Changkyun laughed softly, whispering into your ear so that the people in the front wouldn't notice. He hid both of your hands into his pockets, looking up to see if anyone was watching every two seconds.
You rested your chin at the edge of his shoulder, hiding your blush so you could whisper back into his ear.
Not that he'd see. It was dark.
"You don't have to be so uptight. Calm down, it's just them."
"Let me stay cautious like this for a while. I want to be careful about everything, Eggo."
You simply nodded, not wanting to doubt his thought process. You didn't mind just following his every wish but you knew very well that that wasn't an all the time thing.
Sometimes he wanted to follow your every wish.
You guess that you just balanced each other out.
"So, about that confidence?" He whispered again, making you jokingly punch his arm.
"Shut up, I'm tired." You giggled while resting your head back on the seat.
He laughed at you tenderly.