37. You

Chapter Thirty Seven

Yup.
It didn't get any better from there.
It had just gone progressively downhill.
You were spending almost every other day at DI, consistently speaking with Changkyun's mother, who asked you questions about her son any chance she could.
You understood.
She was just curious about the child whose life she missed out on, but you had to hold back on the things you told her. It didn't feel right to blindly tell her about his life, even if she was his mother.
It's not like their relationship was stable.
You pat some more setting powder onto your stomach, trying your best to cover the faded scars that wrapped around it. You stared at the tattoo, tracing your fingers around the beautifully drawn koi fish.
You never really pay attention to it. It was like a "Hey, I'm finally free" last minute idea.
You tugged down the black cropped lace cami top they had required you to wear, sighing to yourself. You couldn't talk them out of it and you had to agree, knowing that it was inevitable.
Why deny the inevitable?
You draped the white blazer over your shoulders, adjusting it as you stared in the mirror.
It was uncomfortable but that was your job. You had to step out of the box you'd built for yourself eventually. Now was the time.
You grabbed your black purse which you had packed earlier, slinging it around your arm and turning the doorknob to your door. As soon as it creaked you heard the familiar voice call out,
"I broke into your house. You've been in there for fore- woah." Changkyun stopped in his tracks as soon as you stepped out of your room and into the living room, faltering back and stabling himself by slamming his hand onto the backboard of the couch. He dropped his phone, almost landing on Ollie who was innocently standing at his feet.
"Where are you going looking like that?" He gasped, inching closer towards you while looking your entire figure up and down, stretching out the neckline of his crewneck.
"And can I please come with you?"
You could tell by his sly smirk that he probably was very into the outfit. You just tugged your shorts down. His expression took a whole 180 as soon as he noticed.
"Are you comfortable though? I don't see your scars."
Well he'd never seen you in such revealing clothing. Seeing any skin below your neck was a new sight for him. And for you. You hadn't worn clothes like this in years.
"Makeup." You sighed with a helpless smile. He mirrored your expression, his hand gently stroking through your hair.
"Well, you look beautiful as always. Your tattoo looks gorgeous and it's not what I imagined it to be. It's pretty big, babe." He pointed at it, and then immediately taking the buttons of your suit and buttoning the middle one in hopes of covering some part of your very exposed body. And then he immediately took it out when he realized that it did absolutely nothing. You placed your purse down on the couch.
"You look stunning. Have I told you that yet?"
You rammed your head into his chest, uncontrollably giggling to yourself while continuously slapping his arm.
"Stop it." You whined over and over again while he laughed at how flustered you were. He pulled you back, examining you all over again, yet it didn't make you uncomfortable. Even despite how uncomfortable the outfit felt on you. He definitely noticed by your evident expression every time you looked down at yourself.
"Can't you put on a shirt over it? And like take it off before you get there?"
That was a smart idea.
You were so dumb sometimes, you really wondered how you were considered one of those really smart kids in school. If you knew Changkyun back then, you would've been nothing compared to him.
"I suppose I could." But you were far too lazy to go back and get one. You'd let yourself be uncomfortable because of laziness. That's just how you worked.
"It's getting late. It's fine. I've really got to go." You began to back away from him, wanting to head towards the door but he grabbed the shoulder pad of your suit jacket and reeled you back to him. He mumbled a small "wait" before slightly lifting up his shirt. Your hands slapped themselves onto his, pulling the cloth of his gray crewneck down.
"What are you doing?" You whispered through your gritted teeth, trying to hide your blush.
"You need a shirt and it's getting late. Just take mine." He said far too casually, not seeming bothered by the fact that he almost took his clothing off in the middle of your living room.
"Are you wearing anything underneath that?"
"Sure."
He began to pull it up again and you just tugged it straight back down. He was almost starting to look a bit annoyed.
"Are you sure you're wearing something underneath that?" You asked again, holding onto his wrists. He shook his head at you with an annoyed laugh. He moved your hands from his wrists with ease, pinning them to your side before casually slipping his crewneck over his neck. You snapped your head away to the lamp instantly, the redness in your cheeks becoming more prominent as you felt the heat rush to them.
"You said you were wearing something underneath that, Changkyun." You hissed, trying your hardest to hide your embarrassment.
"Yes, my skin." You heard his voice from beside you, probably giving you some sort of sneaky smirk of satisfaction. You felt his hands travel to the fabric of your blazer, pulling it off of your arms which immediately caught your attention. You turned back, instantly regretting that decision and directing your eyes to his, not wanting to break eye contact in case your eyes found their way looking down.
"Stop acting like you don't have that one shirtless picture of me saved to your phone. Don't even bother lying, I've seen it."
Okay, you had a good reason for that.
It was an argument with June against who was more ripped. Either Jooheon or Changkyun.
And you guess you'd never deleted the photo.
You turned back around and continued to stare at the lamp, nodding at it slowly as if you were having a telepathic conversation with it. You would happily have a verbal one if it meant avoiding him.
"Can you please put the shirt back on and can I please have my blazer back?" You grabbed behind you blindly, hearing his chuckle while you continued to grab at nothing with your eyes closed and back faced towards him.
"Just open your eyes. Nothing you haven't seen apparently." He cooed, feeling him take a step closer to you.
You slapped your hands over your eyes, finally turning back around. Mainly because he was facing in the direction of the door. If you walked smoothly enough, you could make it out of the house without seeing anything that you didn't want to.
You waddled around for a few seconds, hoping not to walk into a random piece of furniture. You were doing well by just flailing your arms around in front of you to prevent running into something and you were muttering inconsistent words to yourself. You were able to feel the door, pushing it open and your smile brightening as soon as you felt the cold breeze of the hallway.
You finally uncovered your eyes, smiling to yourself since you were able to successfully escape.
But you were met with a very shirtless Changkyun leaning against your doorway, your blazer thrown around his left shoulder and his crewneck on the ground not too far away,
You didn't make it out into the hallway. You hadn't even made it to the doorway.
He winked at you, letting you freeze in embarrassment. You both stood staring at each other in silence, him smiling and you wide eyed.
And then he pounced.
He placed both his hands on either sides of your exposed waist, sending a shock through your entire body. He lifted you up, kicking the door close. Your legs instinctively wrapped around his waist, your hands awkwardly placing themselves on his bare shoulders. You clung onto him despite knowing that he wouldn't let go.
You were surprised he was strong enough to hold you without really using his arm strength with only one of his arms snaked around you and weakly at that. You both stood in the middle of the entire apartment, it was completely silent other than the noise of Changkyun's gentle breaths. You were pressed up against his chest, you could hear his heartbeat.
It was racing faster than yours.
That should be impossible.
"Are you going to put me down? I have to go to work, Kyun." You complained, hiding your blush terribly while your hands mindlessly tapping around his collarbone. Just by being in such close proximity, you could tell that his cheeks were flushed too, making him warmer than he normally was.
"I am your work. Love me, hug me, kiss me, I don't know, honestly I think you should do me."
"Im Changkyun!" You exclaimed, wide eyed and completely flabbergasted at his words. You placed your hand over his mouth in hopes that he wouldn't dare to say anything else like that. He slowly removed your hand, adjusting your legs that were wrapped around his waist so they were more secure and then he looked straight into your eyes with that sly smirk of his. He leaned his forehead onto yours softly, his hand resting itself at the back of your neck. Your own hands were still gripping onto his shoulders, massaging them gently since they felt stiff under your touch.
"Pick one of the four to do, Eggo." His fingers trailed up your neck as they went back to tracing the butterflies on the back of it, despite not being able to see it.
It was like he'd memorized the location of each and every single one of them.
"Time's ticking." He whispered into your ear, his lips getting dangerously close to your earlobe, sending shivers down your spine.
"Am I interrupting something?"
You both froze at the familiar friendly voice. You watched the color drain from Changkyun's face in a matter of seconds as his legs went weak, bringing both of you down onto the couch. You frantically untangled yourself from him, covering his bare body terribly with a random throw pillow before turning to your mother who was smiling at the sight of you both.
It was a different kind of smile.
"What are you doing here, mom?" You awkwardly laughed, suddenly remembering that you were wearing a crop top. Your mother had never seen you in one of those.
"I saw a blazer and a shirt at the front door and assumed the best. And then I saw my daughter on a man. So, I don't remember what I'm here for." She looked to Changkyun who was piling as many pillows as he could on top of him to cover himself, hiding his face in the couch.
How pitiful.
"Mom, I have to go to work. I don't know what you're here for but you can do it with Kyun."
"What now." Changkyun screeched, peeking up above his pillow fort and looking at you longingly before gesturing towards your mother with his eyes.
Good luck, buddy. Good luck.
"I'll be back at eight. See you." You grabbed your purse from the couch that Changkyun was sprawled out on, skipping over towards the door as you picked up the crewneck, putting it on and then picking up the blazer off the ground. You dusted it off, throwing it around your shoulder and strolled out the door, and slipping your heels on. You heard Changkyun cry out your name as you closed the door but you simply held your purse tighter, knowing that from the way it was vibrating, Saera was outside.