51. You're Really Mine

Chapter Fifty One

"How are you feeling?" You asked Jooheon for the nth time in the last hour through your phone screen, giving him the best smile you could while trying to conceal your worry. He still had yet to give you a straight answer but his helpless sigh was giving you signals that he was finally going to give it to you. One week in the hospital and he was doing better, but still.
One week in the hospital.
"I'm feeling sick of lying in this bed all day everyday." He joked around with a grin, lifting his hospital gown up slightly to accentuate.
"I'm being discharged tomorrow afternoon but it's not like I can walk." He complained, waving his arms around in annoyance, the wires that were connected to him flailing around with him.
"When do you think you'll be able to again?" You questioned, not knowing the logistics behind it. A femur fracture was a pretty serious thing. You'd heard from acquaintances that were taking pre-med while you were in college, it was something that could permanently damage the rest of your life.
"Personally, I think I'll be able to walk fine in a month or two. They said that my muscles are beginning to heal and I should be able to put some pressure on it when I get discharged, but I think I'll be in a wheelchair until after the wedding." He explained, seeming as if he had all the information burned into his head. He must hear it so often.
"Plus, they've already prescribed me with blood thinners and pain killers for the next month. I'm just annoyed that I have to attend the wedding on wheels." He rolled his eyes at himself, a slight pout on Jooheon's face while he fluffed up his own bangs.
"Hey, at least you're getting better." You tried to look on bright side. He wouldn't be content if he kept reminding himself of the cons, though they were pretty big cons.
You were just impressed at how fast Jooheon was springing back up from that. It was insane. It's like no matter what you do to him, he always bounces back.
It was kind of terrifying.
Right then, the door opened.
"Honey, I'm home!" You heard a cheery voice sing from the doorway. Jooheon visibly scoffed from the screen and you watched keenly as you heard the aggressive stomping of Changkyun's boot and singular crutch. He waddled over to you, throwing the crutch to the floor, his arms open and a large grin plastered on his face, a small paper bag in his hand.
"How was physio?" You asked, only for there to be no response. You tried your best to focus the camera on the both of you though Changkyun didn't make it easy with his arms loosely dangling over your neck and shoulders, rocking you side to side. He hummed in response, his fingers playfully dancing along your collarbones. Ever since he got himself switched into a cast that allowed his arm a bit more freedom of movement, he hadn't been able to keep his hands to himself. He was either petting Ollie, cooking something he definitely didn't know how to cook, hugging you while you were trying to memorize lines, waking you up from a nap just so he could watch a movie with you snuggled under the blankets, and anything he could manage to do.
It was exhausting.
"I forgot Y/N moved in with you, Kyun. I can't believe you pulled that card while you had people suspecting your relationship." Jooheon shook his head but couldn't stop himself at laughing at how unbelievable the two of you were, his laugh loud enough to echo through the not so empty living room.
"Oh right, I had Leo stop by a bakery so I bought you cookies." Changkyun chimed in, shaking the little paper bag that he had in his good hand. You instantly perked up, taking the bag from him and peeking into it with a giddy squeal.
"Oh my gosh, I love you." You escaped Changkyun's hold, carrying Jooheon on the screen over to your countertop, setting him down while you went to grab a cookie.
Double Salted Chocolate Chip.
One of the most superior types of cookies.
"I swear, you only love me when I get you food." He rolled his eyes at you while you pulled a cookie out of a bag.
"Not true." You refuted, bringing the cookie over your shoulder and to his lips. He chuckled, practically eating the entire thing in one bite. You weren't fazed, letting him finish his own before taking one for yourself.
"I love you too, though."
"You guys are making me hungry, and lonely. Very lonely." Jooheon pouted, panning his phone around that was resting on the fold out table to show that he was in the hospital room by himself.
"I literally visited you before I went to physio." Changkyun loosened his arms around your neck, and you finally were able to take a deep breath because it seriously felt like he was choking you. It's hard to eat a cookie when you're being choked. Instead, his arms dropped down to your waist, pulling you flush against him.
You were just trying to eat a cookie and talk to your friend.
"Y/N and I have been peacefully talking for the last hour and you really had to ruin it." Jooheon complained at his best friend, leaning back even more into his pillow. Changkyun raised an eyebrow at the both of you.
"You talked to him for an hour? You could've talked to me for an hour instead." He whined, unimpressed. Both Jooheon and you eyed him, and you hoped Jooheon's gaze was piercing through the screen and burning into Changkyun's heart.
"I don't know how you live with him. He's so annoying."
"I know right."
"Give me the cookies back. You don't deserve them, you brat." Changkyun reached for the cookie you were munching on but you were quick to shove the entire thing in your mouth, still giving him a cheeky grin despite the fact that you were struggling to chew it. He let a small chuckle escape his lips, his good hand going to cup your cheek while you attempted to swallow the chocolatey goodness.
"You're lucky I think you're the cutest thing in this universe."
You both turned towards your phone when you heard the groan from Jooheon.
"That's enough from you, lover boy. I'm taking this as my cue to leave. I'll see you guys tomorrow."
"No, wait Joo-"
His face disappeared from the screen, your phone then falling straight forward onto the white marble counter. You elbowed Changkyun, and he faltered slightly, his arms around your waist pulling you backwards with him. For a second you really thought the both of you would land on the floor but he was able to stabilize himself, so you both hadn't collapsed. Thank the lords.
"I'm leaning most of my weight on you, Eggo. Please don't shove me because if I go down, you're going down with me." He sighed against the crook of your neck, his lips pressing into it.
"You ruined it. Jooheon and I were having fun." You complained, trying to shake the tingly feeling on your neck away.
You'd expect that you'd be used to this by now?
"We can have fun too. I'm the most entertaining person on this earth. It's always fun when I'm around." He argued back, still not budging. You turned yourself around, feeling Changkyun fall back slightly so you wrapped your arms around his back steadily, clutching onto the bag. He visibly relaxed, seeking refuge back against your neck, nuzzling his nose into your shirt and then resting his chin at the top of your shoulder.
"What's going on down there, Dracula?" You playfully questioned, poking the side of his head. Changkyun lifted his head up slightly, his chin still digging into your shoulder.
"It's not like I'm sinking my fangs until your skin." He retorted, and you watched his innocent expression turn into a suggestive smirk,
"Unless you'd like?"
You didn't even budge. You weren't fazed in the slightest.
"Let's not do that. I'd rather you sink your fangs into another cookie, Count Changcula." You pulled another cookie out of the bag, taking one of your hands that were resting on his back and holding it in front of his mouth. He mumbled something for a second before reluctantly taking a bite. You were satisfied.
"Are you going to let go of me now?" You suggested, tugging at his good arm gently, loosening your own hold around him. Changkyun shook his head despite doing so. He faltered back and you immediately dived forward to grab him. He chuckled at you, and you watched in annoyance while he didn't fall to the ground like you'd expected. He was completely fine.
"Thank you for the hug, Eggo." He teased while you slipped your arms off of him.
"You're welcome." You sarcastically responded, earning another chuckle from Changkyun. You nibbled on another cookie, walking away with him making his best attempt to match your pace, waddling behind you.  He just wasn't going to pick the crutch up?
"You ready for tomorrow?" He questioned, his hand grabbing yours in attempts to slow you down. You finally gave in, stopping so that he wasn't struggling behind you.
"Are you?" You asked back, only for him to cross his arms and his chest. Well, try his best to.
"I asked you first." He bickered like a child, to which you giggled.
"I don't know. I've never been to a wedding rehearsal."
"You and I both. Now will you hurry up and show the love of your life the dress you're wearing tomorrow?"
You raised an eyebrow at him. There was always a catch, wasn't there?
"Did you take your medication for today?"
"Don't change the subject." Changkyun whined, tugging your hand. You eyed him, shaking your head with a helpless smile.
"Come on. I'll show it to you." You slowly dragged him into the bedroom, minding the fact that his leg still wasn't in the best shape. He took a seat on the door of the bed, tapping his hands on his thighs patiently while he stared up at you.
"Go put it on." Changkyun grinned giddily, shooing you into the massive closet. Had you learned how to navigate it yet? No. Did you neat you organize your clothes in there the day your rent for your old apartment ended and you were able to start moving your stuff out? Yes. Despite the four hours you'd spent organizing your stuff in his closet, did you have the slightest idea where exactly you put those things? Not at all.
"You'll see me in it tomorrow. I don't unders-"
"Please~" He trailed out, his eyes glittering in childlike way. You knew you couldn't say no. You'd have him on your back bothering you about it for the rest of the day. You didn't even respond. You just walked into the close and changed into the dress you'd decided to wear. June just wanted the dresses to be a similar style to the actual bridesmaids dresses. For accuracy purposes.
You barely remembered what the actual dress looked like. It was floor length, very simple, and a dusty yellow color. That's all you remembered.
The dress you had put on was a simple muted purple, off the shoulders, a slit down the left leg, pretty form fitting, and draped all the way down to your ankles. It looked like something June would've worn back in college. Though from the looks of things, you'd noticed that she had a preference for shorter dresses back then. She still does now but her long floral dresses were a common sight.
When you peeked out of the closet, you noticed that Changkyun was staring anxiously at the door of it. His left leg tapping repeatedly while he sat at the edge of the bed. He broke out into a massive smile as soon as you stepped out. His eyes consistently went up and down, scanning you with glittering eyes.
"Do a spin for me?" He requested, which made you giggle. You obliged, spinning around slowly and watching as Changkyun tried his best to stand up on his own, eventually making it to his two feet with your assistance. You both stood in silence for a moment, that grin still not fading off of his face while he just admired you. You were just thought he looked extra happy.
"You're really mine, huh?" Changkyun chuckled, pulling you in with his left hand instinctively, but instead you set his cast to his side, resting your own hand on his shoulder.
"Well, I'm my own human." You messed around, knowing exactly what he meant.
"You have an unhealthy obsession with getting me into formal wear." You told him, to which he simply shrugged.
"You won't accept a compliment when you're in casual clothes. Maybe you'll consider it if you're all dressed up." He explained, spinning you around with his good hand, making the both of you laugh together.
"You should do it more often. Sure, you look great in clothes that make you look like a thirteen year old boy."
"Hey!" You whined, flicking his shoulder in refute. He had no right critiquing your fashion when you were home when he looked like the Asian, male Marilyn Monroe every time he went to bed.
"But just know, that when you get all fancy, you're the most stunning thing in this universe."
You blushed, hiding your face in his shirt just as always, wanting to punch him but you knew that wouldn't hurt him. Unfortunately.
"You've got to stop that." You muttered, clinging onto him and feeling his entire body go up and down with each loving chuckle he let escape from his lips.
"When you acknowledge it."
"Shut up, you're prettier than I am." You grumbled, wrapping your arms around his neck, keeping your face hidden in his shirt. 
"Thank you, gorgeous."