46. Cute

Chapter Forty Six

Changkyun's grip on your shirt was tight, well, his shirt on you was tight. You playfully nudged him, giggling as soon as the TV made a screeching noise, watching Changkyun throw himself onto you. You broke out into even harder laughter, rubbing your thumb up and down his arm while running your fingers through his hair in the dark room.
"You had to pick a horror movie, huh?" You giggled with tears forming at the corners of your eyes as Changkyun snuggled closer to you with every new sound.
"This ones too realistic. Her story is too realistic." He muttered into your shirt, his breath hitching with every new scream that the TV echoed. You'd watched him do this for over forty minutes and you were starting to feel bad. He looked pretty scared, which was definitely new for you to see. You grabbed the remote that was beside you and turned off the movie, scrolling for a few seconds before finding some random chic-flic and putting that on instead.
"It's gone, you big baby." You whispered into Changkyun's ear, waiting for him to lift his face out of your shirt.
He didn't.
You sighed, letting him curl up against your side while you watched the very cheesy movie you had put on in replacement for the horror one.
You were just starting to get into that movie but someone was a bit too scared.
You're indifferent to horror movies but you'd probably die if you ever had to film one. You can watch people getting dragged by demons with no problem, but if you had to act as a protagonist, you'd pass out.
No doubt.
You looked back down at him, patting his back and continuing to stroke his hair until finally, he crawled out of his little hiding spot.
He looked frazzled to say the least, definitely bothered. You didn't expect him to get that scared.
It's not like you both hadn't watched a horror movie together. Yes, he'd be more jumpy than you but he wouldn't try to hide.
"Let's not finish that other movie, hm?" He suggested while you got up to get the throw blanket he always left on his lounge chair. You shook your head at him playfully while beginning to wrap the blanket around his body, swaddling him like a baby. Changkyun smiled to himself, and you smiled back as soon as his dimples began to pop out of the corners of his cheeks.
"Let's stick to rom-coms." You agreed, settling yourself back down peacefully but only for a few seconds until he swaddled you into the blanket with him, squishing both of you together. Changkyun leaned your head onto his shoulder, hooking your arm with his underneath the fluffy blanket.
"I'll miss you." He mumbled quietly out of nowhere, making you turn to face him.
"What do you mean?"
Changkyun huffed, staring at the TV mindlessly, closing his eyes while slouching back into the couch even further.
"After this week, you'll be busy again. I probably will be too. I'll be grateful if the next time I see you is before the wedding." He began to explain, frowning.
You hadn't even thought that far. It hadn't even crossed your mind.
"There's a chance you'll miss our one year too, if not, I probably will. It'll be unlikely for both of us to be free on that one day."
You definitely hadn't thought that far.
He had a point. There was a very high chance you two would be even be in the same city. Changkyun had mentioned having a few filming jobs throughout the next three months around the Asian continent.
Last time you checked, he had a flight to Chiang Mai two days after the wedding.
"Hey, if that happens, I'm sure we'll find a way." You assured him, squeezing his arm comfortingly because he seemed more than bummed. He sighed again, nodding reluctantly.
"We always find a way, don't we?"
"Yes, we always do."
Changkyun finally eased up, relaxing into the blanket, his eyes fluttering close again while this time, he laid on your shoulder, hugging your arm. You couldn't help but crack a smile at him, finding yourself staring at him more than you were staring at the movie that he was so intently watching.
You'd already watched four movies, you don't know how he was still so invested in each and every single one. You got bored after the second one.
You continued to stroke Changkyun's hair with your free hand, letting him chill on your shoulder while he continued to watch this random chic-flic. You were confident that her name was like Brittany or Tiffany or Emma or something cliche like that.
Oh, and the dudes name was Connor.
How basic.
You yawned, stretching your other shoulder as you felt yourself get more tired as each minute passed. Whatever her name was and Connor were just shamelessly flirting without admitting any feelings or doing anything in fact.
You were getting annoyed at how they were, knowing that they should just end up kissing. Maybe then the movie would be a tad bit more interesting. If they actually revealed their feelings for each other.
They were just calling each other various pet names.
Kind of like Changkyun when he was trying to convince you to do something. Or to make you laugh.
You kind of missed hearing them.
"You're bored." Changkyun piped in out of nowhere, shifting his head on your shoulder so he could look up at you.
"You've been staring at me the entire time." He chortled, hugging your arm even tighter.
What a big baby.
"I am bored." You admitted easily, shrugging,
"I don't care if Brittany wants to flirt with Connor."
"Her name is Jessica, and she doesn't want to flirt with him. She wants him to fall in love with her but Connor is as blind as a bat." Changkyun spat out,
"And he likes her too."
Changkyun rolled his eyes, which were being lit up from the light of the TV, the only light in the room.
"Aren't you happy that I confessed to you, Eggo?"
"You were drunk."
"I was not drunk."
Changkyun frowned at your comment, his grip around your arm loosening in refute.
"I would've ended up confessing in the end either way." You admitted, causing Changkyun to perk up, lifting himself off your shoulder and to sit up straight.
"But yes, I'm happy you confessed when you did." You gave in, knowing that you couldn't lie about that.
A night that was a whole emotional roller coaster.
But you were glad it happened the way it did.
"I still want a baby." The person lying on you chimed out of nowhere.
"Changkyun!" You screeched, making him burst out into laughter at the horror in your eyes. Changkyun merely shrugged, raising his eyebrow at you with a smirk.
"What? I want one." He chuckled shamelessly, making you slap his chest. This time with actual force because you were a bit more than flustered.
"You can't just want a baby." You gasped, trying to catch your breath.
Was it getting hot in here?
"Your parents had you when they were twenty two." He began, but you cut him off before he could continue,
"That was the late nineties. We're in the twenty first century now. We can't-"
"But we can." He smirked even more and you were beginning to feel faint,
"I'm twenty five, you're twenty three. It's not that stra- Why are you blushing so hard?"
You hid your face into the couch. You really wished he wouldn't be able to see your flushed cheeks in the darkness but apparently not.
"Stop it!" You exclaimed into pillow, kicking your feet like an embarrassed child because that is exactly what you were at this very moment in time.
"I want a daughter."
"Changkyun!"
"Two daughters. No- two daughters and a son."
"Shut up!" You cried out, clutching tighter onto the fabric of the couch. Before you knew it, you had arms wrapped around your waist, dragging you off the couch, the TV turning off too while you were being transported from one room to another.
And then you were on a bed.
You scurried up onto your knees, looking at Changkyun, who was standing at the foot of his bed with an indescribable expression. Safe to say, you were scared.
He jumped onto the bed beside you, laying face first onto the sheets.
And he just... didn't get up.
Changkyun laid, sprawled out like a starfish, on his bed.
It was times like this where you began to rethink your decision on who you decided to love.
Changkyun jumped to his knees, facing you for a few seconds with shining eyes before falling back onto his pillow, grabbing your wrist and pulling you down with him. Your head landed on his chest and his arms wrapped around your body snug.
"What are you doing?" You asked, trying to escape his hold but to no avail.
"Cherishing the time I have with you." He pulled you closer to his chest, smiling uncontrollably to himself, his near silent laughs echoing in your ear.
"I'm tired. Want to talk until we fall asleep?"
"I'm down, but are you going to let me go?" You poked his arms that were hugging you as if you were a human sized teddy bear.
"Of course not." Changkyun rolled his eyes, surprised you would ask such an obvious question.
"Okay, so when we hav-"
"You better not end that sentence with 'kids', Im Changkyun."
Changkyun pinched your still bright red cheeks before explaining himself,
"I was going to end it with 'to wake up' but if you want to talk about that I'm more than interested." You hit his chest instinctively. Too bad you weren't strong enough to hurt him.
You should really hit the gym.
"It's not like a baby is going to drop at your door any time soon."
That phrase caught his attention more than enough,
"But Eggo, what if it did?"
You rolled your eyes at him, looking at him with pure disappointment running through you. Wasn't this the boy was was a genius? It wasn't doing him very well at this moment. Where did his brain cells go when he actually needed them?
"I'm confident there won't be an baby at the door when you wake up."
"A man can hope."
You felt his heart rate begin to race as you both fell into a short silence, laying in peace. Maybe you would've fallen asleep if Changkyun's heartbeat wasn't so loud and speedy, it jolted you awake every time you began to close your eyes.
"Why is your heart beating so fast?" You finally asked, knowing that you weren't doing anything special. You were lying on him. It was nothing new. It probably happened every time you both were together.
"I'm excited." He responded gently, his voice seeming rather serene, if that made any sense,
"For us. And what the future holds for us. My heart is leaping just imagining it."
Oh gosh, he was being insanely cute today. Today was too much of an emotional rollercoaster for you to process but that's okay.
You can figure yourself out in the morning.
"By the way, Kyun."
"Yes?"
"Stop hanging out with my mother." You pleaded, making him crack a grin.
"Your mother and I share a same goal now." Changkyun defended himself, squeezing you gently. You whined, shifting your head on him so you could actually see that annoying face of his. You glared at him but he didn't seem intimidated in the slightest. It's not like you could uppercut him and actually have it hurt.
"Fall asleep already." You huffed,
"I don't walk to talk to you until you sleep off whatever euphoria you're on."
You closed your eyes, settling yourself on his chest with your arms loosely dangling over his torso, letting yourself attempt to drift off into sleep. But a certain someone wouldn't let you.
"My mother." Changkyun began, causing your eyes shoot open and widen as soon as you heard the words he had uttered. He snorted at you, shaking his head with an annoyed grin.
"You really like hearing about her, huh?" He deducted, making you smile sheepishly at him.
Guilty is charged.
"I'll tell you in the morning, Eggo. Good night." Changkyun reached his arm out the the side of his bed, clicking the button that slowly dimmed the room into darkness. You whined, wanting to know what he was going to say but seriously wondering if you'd be able to stay awake through it.
He was warm, and he smelled like really expensive vanilla, and his slow steady breaths were just lulling you to sleep.
"Tell me now." You requested, only for it to be shut down within seconds.
"Good night."
You sighed, giving in and hoping that he would hold his promise in the morning. If he didn't, you'd make him.
"Night, Kyun."