5. Milky White

Chapter Five

You dropped the brush as you turned around to see who it was, hoping you weren't hallucinating.
You broke out into the biggest smile.
"Uyu!" You exclaimed joyfully as you ran past the few people in the room and  jumped into his open arms. He lifted you up and you latched your legs around his waist, his hands holding you steady.
You looked at him closely. He dyed his hair again. It was a warm brown with lighter brown highlights and it really did suit him well. You still couldn't believe that he was really in front of you right now.
You wrapped your arms around his neck and squeezed him tighter. You buried your head in his chest, trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall. You weren't ruining your makeup.
He placed you back on the ground but you didn't let go.
He didn't know how much you missed him.
"It's been a while." He ruffled your hair just like he always did.
You look up at him and he smiled lovingly back down at you. That in itself made a lone tear trickle down your face. He pouted at you, carefully wiping it off with his thumb.
"Why are you crying?" He laughed, obviously making fun of you.
You hit him in his chest, eventually letting go of him.
"You haven't contacted me in two months, Yuta. I thought you were dead!" You whined. To think it had been that long since you had heard his voice, and through a phone at that. He'd completely disappeared from all social media platforms and the few people that you knew that knew him hadn't heard anything from him since. You'd contacted his manager multiple times and he never answered. You wanted to contact his company as well, and although they knew very well of your friendship, and you had a strong connection with the company, it didn't feel right to call them without having your own company behind you.
"And in those two months you sign onto a new company and manage to snag a lead role in a huge production." He crossed his arms, almost looking a bit mad at you. Through you should be the one mad at him.
You caught Jungwoo and Changkyun's shocked and confused faces, as well as the cameraman in the corner that was filming everything that was playing out in front of him.
Yuta bowed jokingly to the two of them.
"Let me introduce myself." He looked at you and then back at the other two,
"Hello, I will be chicken store customer #2 in this episode."
He was going to be in this?
"Yuta hyung." Jungwoo still looked a bit startled at you and Yuta's interaction.
"You know Y/N?"
Yuta chuckled at the completely lost Jungwoo and went to go tap his back.
"Longer than I've known you, Jungwoo."
Jungwoo's mouth was frozen open, but no words came out of it whatsoever. You chuckled at him. He looked ridiculous.
"You two know each other?" You gestured towards both Yuta and Jungwoo. Jungwoo snapped out of his zoned out state, looking to Yuta and then back at you.
"We live together."
It was your turn to be surprised.
"The eight other people you live with are-" you stopped yourself. It didn't make sense.
"Shouldn't it be nine other people? Last time I visited, Yuta lived with eight other people. If you joined in it should be nine."
You turned to Yuta, who smiled at you, but you could see a lingering sadness in his eyes.
"WinWin got put into a new project. He moved out a couple months ago."
You could feel that Yuta was sad about it. You knew him too well. Plus, you knew that he and Sicheng were super close. You were kind of offended that Sicheng himself didn't tell you. You'd been friends for years. Now that you thought of it, you hadn't heard from him in a while either.
"Jungwoo moved in about four months ago, but I've known him since our trainee days."
You were surprised that you'd never heard about Jungwoo from him before. Maybe he did talk about him, but you couldn't recall a specific moment. If Yuta ever did talk about Jungwoo, it wasn't that often.
"Oh yeah, we moved to a new apartment complex." Yuta added. It really showed how long it had been since you heard from him properly. You hadn't had a nice conversation in a while. Just back and forth like two texts per day for the two months before he disappeared.
You don't even remember the last time you heard his voice over the phone.
"How long has it been since the two of you met?" Changkyun asked dryly, seeming like he didn't want to ask but still a bit curious.
You chuckled at him. He was kind of cute when he looked annoyed now that you really looked at it.
"In person?" You clarified and he nodded.
"Last time we saw each other in person was for his little sister, Yura birthday." You tried calculating dates but you were never the best at math. Thankfully, Yuta did it for you.
"Around a year and half a month."
It reminded you of how much he helped you study in high school.
He was your literal life saver.
"That's a long time." Changkyun stared at his phone, most likely texting Jooheon, who you happened to exchange numbers with a couple of days ago. He was so kind to you it was honestly kind of scary.
"You guys look really close." Jungwoo laughed sweetly while looking at the both of you.
"I met Y/N the day I moved to Korea all those years ago. She was literally a baby." Yuta messed up my hair and I slapped his hand away.
"I was five."
"And I was almost eight." He retorted,
"You were a baby to me and you still are a baby to me."
"You're so annoying!" You complained while leaning into his chest. He flicked your forehead but you didn't move, you were immune.
"Choi Y/N!" The assistant director peered into the room,
"We're filming the first scene. Kim Jungwoo on standby please."
Yuta pushed you away from him,
"Go on." He smiled tenderly at you,
"Do well. I'll be watching from behind the director."
You nodded.
"Fighting!" Jungwoo held up two thumbs up for you. You turned to Changkyun. He met your eyes and he sighed,
"Good luck." He mumbled.
"Why thank you."
You grinned victoriously to yourself as you followed the he assistant director up to the apartment.
That felt good.