61. Hands

Chapter Sixty One

"I never thought I'd be in the situation where I'd have to drive you both to the same place again." Leo groaned, Saera in the seat next to her nodding profusely.
"Your boyfriend needs to stop pulling strings. You two together brings me pain." She agreed, first bumping the man in the drivers seat with those solemn expressions they only had when you were around each other.
"I didn't pull any strings. I just got lucky." Changkyun shrugged, his arm around your shoulder in the back seat of the car. You were playing around with his free hand, your own fingers fiddling around with his in a way that shouldn't be entertaining but totally was.
"Your existence in itself is a veto, Changkyun. You always find a way to get your way." Leo spat out with a glare, to which Saera nudged him not so gently, muttering that he should focus on the road.
"It's called determination. I didn't slave away in this industry for nine years to not have any fun." Changkyun explained, only to be met with a scoff from your manager,
"Your family's filthy rich."
"Saera!" You scolded, knowing that that definitely wasn't where he was taking that, but Changkyun laughed out loud, not seeming bothered by her statement whatsoever.
"I can't deny but I haven't spent an ounce of their money since I was sixteen. I've been financially independent for almost decade now." He smiled proudly at himself, to which you stroked the pinky ring that he forever had on.
You'd never seen him take it off.
To be honest, you'd never taken yours off either.
"And look at me now. I make money for both my uncle and my mother."
You closed your hand around his wrist, turning to the side to face him, sitting up straight in your literally separated seat.
"I'm proud of you for that."
Changkyun softened, moving his hand down to intertwine with yours, his thumb drawing circles on the back of it.
"Thank you."
Leo groaned again, ruining your little moment.
"No making out in the back of my car. I don't get paid enough for this."
Changkyun slowly turned his head towards the front of the car, rolling his eyes at the man who couldn't see the both of you.
"This is my car. I bought it." He huffed out, leaning over just to keep the arm around your shoulder on your shoulder.
"I'm your manager. You're my responsibility."
"I'm practically your boss. I could fire you, Leo."
Leo scoffed at that, letting out a hearty laugh.
"Changkyun, you could never fire me. No sane person would want to work with you for over a day, they'd quit. If you fired me, you'd be coming back crying because you wouldn't be able to find someone able to handle you." Leo put casually, and you could tell that Changkyun was trying to think of a refute. Eventually he just sighed, cracking a tiny smile.
"Touché."
"While you're at it, why don't you just fall on top of her?" Saera turned around, pointing at the very awkward position leaning over the center divider just so he could have that arm on you, as well as the other hand gently caressing yours.
"Literally might as well have shared a seat."
"He wanted to." You giggled, shaking your head at him.
You'd known for the longest time that Changkyun's main love language was physical touch. It was probably pretty obvious if anyone was around the both of you. His little touches that he generally gave when you were around others reflected his shy nature but they were constant.
You didn't have a problem with it in the slightest. When his words fail, his touch helps you understand.
"You're going to be sore if you keep leaning like that." You explained, gently pulling his arm off, making it up by just placing it on top of your intertwined hands. He still pouted but eventually stopped peering like the Leaning Tower of Pisa. The little divider was solid and certainly wasn't comfortable enough to have ones side digging into it.
The music played low while Leo and Saera went back and forth about both of your schedules and how tiring it was to be going from place to place on a day to day basis. You'd found yourself leaning back on the plush seating, yawning gently while you recognized the turn the car had just taken.
You'd turned to your side, noticing that Changkyun was mindlessly staring out the window on his side, his lips pressed into a fine line while he sat. You curiously peered to take a look at his face that was being so well hidden by the angle and his hair.
Your fingertips had brushed the top of his arm, making his attention turn back to you.
"You okay?" You mouthed, tilting your head slightly at him in hopes of an honest answer. He gave a small nod and an even smaller smile. You narrowed your eyes at him, watching as his gaze occasionally wandered back to the window where the car was pulling into the building's underground parking lot.
Eventually, after holding your stare for longer enough, he cracked reluctantly, shaking his head.
"Nervous." He mouthed back, and you were satisfied with his truthful answer.
Without you even realizing, the door had opened, Saera standing at it with her arms crossed.
"Let's go, you two." She ordered, gesturing towards the fancily lit building parking. You'd both shipped out of the car without argument. You weren't even able to take a single step before Saera grabbed both of your wrists and ripped your hands from each other.
She gave Changkyun that look that she always gave him before beckoning for the both of you to follow. Leo did the same, the two of them walking side to side grumpily while muttering who knows what among themselves.
"Are you sure they're not siblings?" You whispered to Changkyun, genuinely curious at how oddly similar your managers were.
"I'll run a background check one of these days." He joked back, still looking a bit anxious with the way his attention was darting. He was walking along side you but you could tell that his mind was wandering. You slowed the both of your pace, looking around to make sure no one was looking before bringing your hands back together, giving him a quick but assuring squeeze.
"Take a deep breath." You instructed, stopping him completely while resting your palms on both of his forearms. He looked at you like you were crazy but your stare wasn't going to die down.
He eventually listened, inhaling for a few seconds before carefully exhaling.
"That didn't help at all." Changkyun admitted honestly, giving you an awkward chuckle,
"But thank you."
"I swear to god, if you don't stop pining over each other I will throw you off the top floor of this building." Leo let out exasperatedly, looking like he was about to drop to his knees and beg for you both to stop.
You let go of his arms, giving his shoulder the same squeeze before catching up with the managers who were losing their remaining patience.
He followed close behind.
It hadn't taken you long to ride up the crazy amount of floors in the modern glass elevator. Changkyun looked out, almost pressing his entire body against the glass wall as he watched in wonder as the DI Headquarters.
"I've always looked from the outside." He breathed, not taking his eyes off the glass,
"I was never allowed here. She's done good for herself."
The elevator door dinged.
The four of you were met with the employees who escorted you to the familiar photoshoot room you were used to, where you both were instantly swamped by the staff who were about ready to take you apart and put you back together.
Leo and Saera dispersed, apparently having other things to do while Changkyun and you were being ushered into the rooms to the side.
"Are we late?" He asked, eyeing all the women that were crowding around him with various makeup brushes and outfits. You laughed, watching him attempt to respond politely to every question he was being asked, and he was so lost to the point in which you had to be informing the staff of his skin type and ideal fabrics.
"We aren't. They're just very determined." You assured, waving and saying hi to the few people you recognized while the man next to you stared in confusion.
"See you on the other side." You wished well as the two of you were pushed into opposite rooms.