20. Just A Little Favor

Chapter Twenty

"Does this look good, Kyun?" You twirled around in the third sundress that you'd tried on in the mirror. The light green short dress with the tulle skirt was the one you were wearing currently, not to be confused with the other two that were all polar opposites.
Yet somehow Changkyun found a way to say that they all looked the same regardless.
Changkyun stared at you blankly as he had been for the last thirty minutes, resting limply on your bed.
"You look great. You literally look beautiful in anything. Can we please go now?" He begged, clasping his hands together, almost getting down on his knees. You shook your finger at him, making him let out an exasperated sigh as he threw himself back on your bed.
"I need a bracelet. Or a necklace. Or- oh!"
You yelped as Changkyun stood up, slipping off a small gold chain bracelet from his wrist and gently putting it on yours. It had a small rose engraved into a circle plate in the very middle of the chains.
He put his arm at his waist, taking your own and looping it through his, blatantly dragging you out of your own house.
But he didn't forget to grab a pair of sunglasses for the both of you.
Well, he just stole one of yours.
You drove down in Changkyun's black car that he had brought with him once he drove back to his house to change.
You didn't know why he came back. He could've just waited for you outside and left together, but he insisted on coming back in.
You were excited. Changkyun had told you a bit about June. She was a chef at a restaurant, which was funny since Shownu loved to eat. Apparently, she was very loud and bubbly at first, which was the pure opposite of the very reserved Shownu. Basically, from first glance, they were pure opposites, but they were more similar once you really got to know the both of them.
You were meeting at one of the restaurants that June works at. She works some days at a small restaurant but spends most of her time at this big fancy one. The kinds you'd see in the movies with Leonardo DiCaprio or Vanessa Hudgens.
You were going to the smaller one because according to the few texts you'd already exchanged with June, "Shownu liked the food better there."
You hadn't even met her and she already seemed like the sweetest soul ever.
And when you laid eyes on her you could definitely see that personality radiating from her.
She was pretty.
She wore a purple floral tulle dress that just barely ended over her knees. She wore these pretty white flats and her short dyed gold caramel blonde hair was slightly curled, the ends bouncing up so they were at her neck.
Her arm was looped around Shownu's, who looked much larger next to his quite petite girlfriend.
You didn't know what you were talking about. She was about the same height as you.
Her smile became brighter with every step you both took.
"Oh my goodness, hi, Y/N! You're so much prettier in person!" June squealed, holding a gentle hand out for you to shake. You happily took it.
"No, you're so gorgeous. I was shocked. I didn't know people could be this pretty." You placed a hand on your heart, spilling out all the compliments you wanted to shower her with, and you'd literally just met her.
"It's so lovely to meet you. I've watched a few of your web dramas. Gosh, I loved all of your characters you don't understand!" She laughed giddily, her arm unlooping from Shownu and looping around yours. You just giggled.
You didn't mind whatsoever.
She lead you into the rather empty restaurant, going on and on about how much she loved all your dramas and how excited she was to see you in a big production. You didn't even know where Shownu and Changkyun were. You'd left them in the dust.
June led you out into an outside pagoda.
What happened to this being a small restaurant?
"This place is reserved for private parties but since I've worked here I have access. Plus, having a famous boyfriend gets hard sometimes when it comes privacy, but seeing that we've been together for so long really says something, doesn't it?"
"It really does." You responded as the two of you took your seats parallel from each other. Shownu and Changkyun finally showed up after forever. You and June had already gone over your childhoods in the time that it took for them to show up.
"You guys are so slow honestly." June joked with Shownu who took a seat right next to her. Shownu gently smiled at her, adjusting her hair for her so it was out of her face.
Shownu was generally a gentle person but wow was he gentle with June.
"No, Junebug. It's just that you both literally teleported away."
Junebug.
Oh my literal goodness these two were so cute.
It's like a kdrama couple brought to life.
"Eggo." Changkyun whispered into your ear. What he said one hundred percent made your cheeks go as red as the roses that were on the table as decoration.
"If you ignore the fact that they don't know about us, we're on a double date right now."
His mind really had to come to that conclusion and that conclusion just really had to be accurate.
You glared at him slightly but you knew you couldn't stay mad at him for long.
He was right anyways.
"I had the courses predecided I hope you don't mind. This place doesn't specialize in much but the things they do they do it right." June beamed and honestly her smile was brighter than the afternoon sun.
She was like the girl that every high school boy dreamed of.
It almost made you feel a bit insecure.
You held your hands tightly together on your lap.
"It's fine. None of us are picky." Changkyun responded simply, adjusting the collar of his dark green shirt that unintentionally matched with the light green of your dress.
"So." You started fiddling with the table cloth as you finally let go of your hands. They were red. Maybe you were holding on a bit too tight.
"I'd assume you guys have known each other for a while." You looked to June and she nodded.
"Shownu and I have been dating for almost five years, but I think you know that already. Changkyun and I went to the same middle school for a while. My little brother and him were pretty good friends. He transferred half way through though."
Right. You remembered him telling you that.
He transferred schools a lot because of his parents.
He still hadn't told you much about his parents. It seemed like a sensitive topic so you didn't want to pick at it.
There weren't many boundaries between Changkyun and you's relationship. Though you'd just started, you'd known each other for longer and shared so much with each other.
There was basically no gap that was separating you both. There was a lot of transparency. He'd even helped you look at a couple of apartments before you started getting ready for lunch.
You both had come here with very minimal sleep yet it was somehow enough to make you both look alive. There's an extent to how comfortable one could sleep lying on another person while sitting on a couch.
You didn't know how you both fell asleep to Harry Potter. There's someone screaming every ten seconds.
You turned next to you, feeling the gaze of the one and only Changkyun burn through your head.
"What do you want?" You whispered, leaning in closer which definitely got the attention of Shownu and June who were talking about something.
"I'm admiring you." His gentle smile rested on you and you wanted to get angry but you seriously just couldn't.
"Can you insult me again? Tease me? I'm not used to your compliments yet."
"There's nothing to insult. You look pretty."
"Okay!"
Both you and Changkyun slightly jumped at the sound of June's voice. Even Shownu had a hand over his heart.
Compared to June, Shownu really didn't speak much.
"Can you just tell us you're together and start being cute without having to whisper?" She pleaded to which both your eyes widened. Shownu huffed at June, waving his finger the same way mother would when they'd tell off their child.
"Buttercup, we weren't supposed to tell them we knew."
"Well I'm sorry that they're so obvious. Plus, it's Changkyun! I haven't seen him like this in years. I forgot what his smile looked like." June crossed her arms, pouting at Shownu. You could see him visibly melt as he put his finger down and turned towards Changkyun.
"How long were you planning on lying low? And not telling us? And couldn't you have at least tried to be discreet? God, you both act for a living." Shownu blurted out and June tapped his biceps in encouragement.
Changkyun breathed out in frustration, instinctively getting closer to you again.
"I thought I was being good." He complained, running a hand through his black hair again. He did that a lot.
"You smiling was a big giveaway. I don't think you how long it's been since I've seen you smile at someone that isn't one of the guys." June rolled her eyes jokingly at Changkyun,
"Also there's zero gap between you two and somehow it keeps getting smaller." She says while taking her hand and placing it in the gap between her and Shownu. She gestured at the both of you with her eyes. You both looked down to see that your shoulders were glued together.
Even after it was pointed out neither of you moved.
"Look at them, Nunu. It'a the honeymoon stage of their relationship. Remember when we were like that?" June laid her head on Shownu's massive arms and Shownu shook his head, making June give him that "really?" look.
"That was almost five years ago. I don't remember what I ate for breakfast today."
"Protein shake and like three eggs."
"See, this is why I need you."
June scoffed at Shownu, looking at you with that exasperated but smiley look that a mother would have.
"Men, am I right?"
"Indeed, you are."
You both clinked your water glasses together, earning confused looks from the two guys who absentmindedly did the same thing. You and June shared a laugh over your clueless boyfriends.
And so lunch went on like that.
The food was great and thankfully Changkyun happily finished everything you couldn't, but making sure you got more than enough with a couple of innocent threats.
And you got him to put the wine down and drink your strawberry lemonade instead with a couple of innocent threats.
Shownu and June just looked concerned at how subtlety violent you both were with each other. I think they understood that you both were just joking with each other. At least you hope they did.
It would be a bit of a problem if they didn't.
"I'm assuming that everyone you went with knows you two are... you know." Shownu said while the direction of his fork switched from the both of you while his mouth was stuffed with food he'd stole from June's plate.
"We didn't tell anyone." You chimed in for the first time in a while.
"Oh, they know. If you were like this there, they sure as heck know."
"Suddenly, Yuta's attitude makes sense." Changkyun uttered to himself making you choke on your water.
"You good?" He said while gently patting your back.
"Honestly, what an idiot. How do you choke on water?"
"You've done it before. Shut up."
"And what if I don't?"
Shownu hit his fork against his empty champagne glass with a very unimpressed expression spread out onto his face.
"Do you have to be out to kill each other every waking second?" He questioned, making you both meet eyes for a few empty seconds before you both shrugged, making him sigh out loud.
"We can be cute too, can't we, baby?" Changkyun tilted his head slightly at you, using his eyes you tell you to play along.
"Of course we can, babe." You leaned your head onto Changkyun's shoulder and Changkyun craned his neck down just enough to kiss your cheek.
June squealed.
Rather loudly.
"Oh my god, Son Hyunwoo. Are you seeing this? Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" June repeatedly hit Shownu with her balled up fists. Shownu wasn't even fazed in the slightest.
"Yes, I see them, June. I have eyes too."
His stone faced expression didn't take long to melt into a warm smile directed right at Changkyun.
"I'm happy for you, Kyun. Really, I am."
"Thanks, hyung." He beamed, the corners of his lips tugging down softly as you got up from his shoulder. He slouched down in his seat just a bit to his lips were right by your ear.
"You should call me 'babe' more. It has a nice ring to it." He winked at you playfully and you rolled your eyes at him not so playfully.
"You're Mr. Annoying Hypocrite."
"You're so mean."
"I learned from the best."
He gasped, holding his hand to his heart, looking offended but letting a small chuckle escape his lips. The sun shined down on him, his features becoming far more prominent for that split second though it was enough to have the butterflies in your stomach flutter around.
"Hey, Y/N?" June peeped in and you hummed in response, finally taking your eyes off of Changkyun.
"Can I steal you for a second?"
"Absolutely."
June grabbed your arm carefully and lead you outside of the pagoda with the lingering gazes of the guys still on you.
"I know we've just met. But I have just a little favor to ask of you."
You tilted your head slightly, telling her to continue with her words. As she slowly explained the situation, you carefully nodded, thinking it over.
And you gave her your answer.