59. Adulting

Chapter Fifty Nine

"Babe, have you seen my glasses?" You heard the not so loud call from the bedroom. You were on the couch, ready for filming later in the day but Changkyun was running around at the wonderful hour of eight in the morning getting ready for a meeting that starts at 8:15.
To think that he was complimented on his punctuality in the past.
"Just wear contacts?" You called back, making sure that Ollie was eating his breakfast. He was enjoying it. Changkyun had bought some expensive gourmet food for his "son" before he left and you had yet to give it to him. Now that he was back, Changkyun insisted that his son was treated like a prince.
"We're going over documents today. I need the glasses."
"Just come out here and look around. I don't know where they are." You responded, finding yourself sighing and getting up off the comfort of your couch when you saw your disheveled boyfriend exit the confines of your bedroom. His white dress shirt was only only half way buttoned up and falling off him, chest in full view, a solid black tie that he was biting and a comb that was somehow pushed into his hair.
"Come here." You crooked a finger at him, watching him waddle over to you with a sheepish smile. Your fingers found their way to his shirt, doing the first button with that disappointed tone you heard from every mother.
"Kyun, you are twenty five years old. Do you not know how to get ready on time?" You sighed, pulling the tie out of his mouth and pointing at the comb stuck in his head, ushering him to do his hair.
"Sometimes I need a little bit of help. Adulting is hard." He put simply, and you stopped your work on his shirt, looking up at him with narrowed eyes.
"You've been an adult longer than I have."
"Okay, and I still need help. Being this rich and handsome isn't an easy job, my love." Changkyun explained cockily, wearing that proud snirk
You shook your head at him, not cracking a smile.
"And having to deal with you isn't an easy job either, lover boy." You tugged at the shirt, staring at it quizzically while you struggled to pull them together, still seeing the lightly tanned skin of his chest despite how hard you tried to pull the button close.
"This fit you the last time you wore it. Did you go to the gym an unnecessary amount while you were gone?" You questioned, finally getting the pearly button through the hole, wanting to giggle at how tight it was at the top and how lose it was at the bottle. Changkyun shrugged, throwing their comb to the side while you finished buttoning up the shirt, slinging the black tie around his neck.
"I went any time I had free time and you were busy."
That wasn't often but also very often.
Maybe he did look a bit more muscular. The sleeves were hugging his arms a bit too much. And maybe shoulders did seem a bit wider.
You should stop staring
"Is wearing something this tight suitable for work?"
Changkyun looked down, nodding.
"They won't mind. I don't have time to change anyways."
His focus switched to you whine you looped the tie, pushing it up to tighten it around his neck, pulling it at the top slightly to make sure it wasn't choking him. You finished it off, adjusting his collar and then running your hands down the tight shirt to make sure there weren't any wrinkles in the fabric. You looked up to make sure his hair, which didn't have enough gel in it, was somewhat presentable before running over to that one storage drawer you had in your kitchen. You pulled one of them open, revealing a Versace glasses case. You had a feeling they'd be there. You opened it, smiling lightly when you saw it was your favorite black and gold clubmaster glasses. It was one of your favorite pairs. Those and the silver circle ones. Oh, and the silver rimless rounded rectangular ones.
You went back to him, pushing him down by the shoulder to get him at not arm reaching height, placing the glasses on him, giggling when he scrunched his nose to get them higher on his bridge. You quickly ran a hand through his hair, smiling in satisfaction when you looked at the finished product.
Somehow it only took six minutes for him to suddenly look like a dashing man. Not that he didn't look good before. Just not presentable.
"You look handsome. Hurry up and leave. Traffic is probably okay but you're still going to be desperately late."
Then you ran back over to the kitchen, grabbing an apple that was lying in your fruit basket, handing it to him.
"Eat this for now but get breakfast later, okay? I don't know when I'll be home but if I'm home after ten, eat dinner without me." You listed, only for him to chuckle at you, his hands resting on your hips.
"You tell me to act like an adult but treat me like a child. I know when I need sustenance. I'm the one that should be reminding you, Eggo."
"I eat enough with you around. You never let me skip a meal." You reminded, thinking back to all the coaxing and all the texts asking you if you'd eaten some random thing he'd left in the fridge for you. And if you didn't he'd come back with a meal for a whole platoon and that's what you'd eat for the week.
It had been like that since you'd started dating.
"Just letting you know. DI's executive board has requested you re-sign for a longer contract with them. The same contract that I signed to. We're discussing it today." Changkyun told, rocking you both back and forth in the living room. You smiled at that. DI was such a nice company to work with. They were so kind and they'd always consulted her before doing anything. After filming is over, her schedule would probably allow working with them.
"Go already. You're going to be even later." You shooed, looking at the clock right by the bar stools, gently pushing him towards the door.
"Okay, okay." He laughed, holding his hands up in surrender, one with the apple, only to bring them back around you in a matter of seconds.
He could never keep his hands to himself, could he?
"Be careful and don't get hurt while you do those crazy stunts." He started, to which you scoffed. You didn't do anything crazy. Basic gymnastics and the occasional being hoisted up in the air by ropes for certain scenes. Anything that could be super dangerous was handled by the professionals.
"I don't know when I'll be home either but I'll call you sometime today."
"Okay, I get it. Hurry up and leave. I hope you don't get fired." You urged, walking you both back into the entrance room, pointing to that one pair of black dress shoes he always left there.
"Why are you trying to get rid of me, Eggo?" Changkyun asked, hurt.
"Because you're late to a meeting and the entire company is already done with you." You shook your head at him, looking back at the time.
He was screwed.
You sighed.
"Go. I love you. Have a good day."
He grinned at that, pulling you in for a short hug, making you giggle. He loosened, pulling away just enough to rest his hands on your shoulders, massaging the fabric of your lilac cardigan. You reached out and handed him his bag, smiling.
"I love you too. Have a better day." Changkyun sang, pressing a kiss to your forehead, taking a bite of the apple in his hand before running out the door, his dress shoes still half on while he stumbled into the elevator.
You giggled at the sight, shaking your head.
What a dork.
You were only able to close the door and take two steps back into the living room before you heard your phone ding from the couch. Ollie had jumped over to it, picking the phone up with his mouth gently and prodding over to you. You bent down to take it from him, rewarding him with a quick cheek nuzzle and enough pets that he eventually got sick of.