Twenty Two | Cupcake

James was going to be the fucking death of me. To add on my to secret being in the palms of his sweaty hands, he also had me running like I was in some race. In a race to catch a man that I wanted to slip between my fingers. My legs trying to catch up to a man, that I never wanted to be following in the first place but ugh. . .The things I had to do.

All this running I had to do. He was making me chase after him.

I wish I had some rope, so I could lasso the fucker. My feet couldn't take anymore running.

"James, wait up." My breathing was choppy. Words now sloppy. The man wouldn't let up. "James."

Guess that last James was his final straw because he had stopped. Good. I wasn't a fucking track star. I had been chasing him since he quickly grabbed his bag from his seat and then he proceeded to dash out the door. Vance was about to go after him, but I stopped him and said that I could handle it. James was mad and I was no dumbass, so I knew that if Vance was the one to confront James something would happened. Maybe a fight? Don't know what but it would definitely be something that would get us more x's on our already red marked imaginary sheet.

With him now facing me - in the outside parking lot - I noticed the look on his face- hurt, disappointment, maybe embarrassed? Well, fuck. I did feel bad but f-u-c-k. . .blame my heart and my vagina for picking Vance.

It was mostly my vagina's fault though.

I decided that I was going to be the first one to speak and just pull off the bandaid. Just rip it right off. "James. . .are you. . ." Dammit, what was a good way to say keep your mouth shut?

I'll start by soothing the patient first. "James, are you okay? You understood that I only wanted to be friends with you, don't you?"

Did that hurt the patient? Too truthful? He winced at the words friends. "I-yes I thought I did. I didn't know you wanted a relationship with our teacher."

I had nothing to say to that.

He continued with the jabbing. His scar now bleeding through. "Really River? Our teacher? You know how it makes you look?"

That was a slap to my face. I knew what he was implying. Only I get to call myself a slut, no one else. "And how does that make me look James?" Also, if I wanted to fuck my teacher for some grade, I damn well sure could. It was my fucking business, not some nagging crush's.

I repeated my question again, since it didn't seem like he hadn't heard it the first time. "How does it make me look James?" One disrespectful word out his mouth and my hand was ready to inch up.

His face snapped, changed - he regretted his words. I saw it on his face and heard it in his voice. "Sorry, nothing. It's not my place." He took a deep breath. "I guess. . .I'm just mad and little hurt. I liked you first."

Boys. . .Acting like I was some chew toy. It didn't matter who liked me first, it mattered what I wanted. His attitude toward this was just adding more pros to the Keeping James as a friend list. I needed to have some sort of relationship with him though, if he was going to keep this secret.

"Look James, I don't want to come off as a 'bitch' but I need to make it clear that I just don't like you like that." I wanted to add and never will but I held back my tounge. "We are friends and I value our- wait are we friends?" I needed to clarify before I went off on my next tangent.

Another deep breath was taken out from his mouth. "Yeah, we are friends."

"Awesome. Now James, no one knows that Vance and I are together." Yes together was a stretch but he needed to know that I was off the market. "And I really wish to keep it that way. Can you keep this between us? I'll do your cooking quiz warm-up for a week."