Six | Pizookie

If someone were to tell me a week ago that, today I would find myself in Vance Lawson's car driving to the supermarket- I would simple tell them that they have lost their fucking marbles and need to have a therapist on their speed dial list.

I couldn't believe it and still don't believe it.

Yeah sure, he is my roommates/friend's brother and yeah maybe there would be a time where we would be confined in the same car, but I always thought it would be with Erin present or even Jett present. At least someone else in the car.

But nope, today that was not the case. I was alone with Vance. In his car. Side-by-side. Me in the passenger seat. Him in the drivers seat. Even though the window was down, I still felt overwhelmed. All I smelt was him. And the smell was getting quite addictive.

If I had to rate this experience, it would be a 7.5. Higher than a 5 because I would want to try again but I couldn't place it higher than a 9 because the air was a little tense. No one was talking. No music was playing. All that I was hearing was the wish and whoosh of the wind, as he picked up speed, coming from my opened window.

When the sign of Whole Foods came into my line of vision I almost yelled out a loud yes, but I contained myself. Whole Foods wouldn't be my first choice as a quick store to get some products but people, we are working with a top-five-star chef here. Vance, I bet, only wanted the best and Whole Foods sure is up there.

The sound of the engine shut off. "Come on." Vance said, maneuvering out the car. "Let's make this a quick trip."

Following Vance's orders, once again, I stepped out the car and we both made our way toward the opening sliding doors. This was how the trip went: Him looking at his phone- stopping, walking, picking stuff out and landing them in the shopping cart that we got. Ten minutes went by and it was still the same routine. More phone looking, walking, stopping, and more stuff got placed inside the cart. Oh and I was trailing behind like some lost puppy.

Something bright green caught my eye when we stopped- An Organic coconut water. Was this a sign? I have been meaning to try coconut water since my mom explained to me the benefits of how it helped her. And shit, what's a better place to get coconut water from anyway? Whole Foods had the good stuff.

I picked up the bottle and turned it around to look at the price. I gasped. Excuse me?- Five fucking dollars for water? Nop-

"Put it in the cart."

My head snapped Vance's way. "No, it's fine. It's five dollars, that's crazy for one water bottle."

I was aiming to place the bottle back on the shelf, but Vance's hand caught my wrist and snatched the bottle out from my hand. Skin-to-skin contact? Cue the fucking tingles.

"I said it's fine."

I said nothing after that. Probably due to the goosebumps that raced up my skin. In a race to see which little thing that Vance did would cause that effect to be so quick. His blinking? No. His walking? Maybe. One simple touch? Ding Ding. We have a winner. A small smile stitched itself onto my face as I internally laughed at my own joke.

And said smile was still in full prime when we arrived at the cashier. I suggested that we should split the bill, but he replied in his famous words for the day: it's fine and added on a 'I'm paying.' Then he took out his wallet and blocked my view from the card reader thingy.

Fine. Whatever. I thought to myself. If he wanted to pay, then 'it's fine' with me.

He wiped his card. The food was packed in the bags. The bags were put into the cart and we headed towards the exit. This time- each one of our hands were on the cart. Walking side-by-side. Arms centimeters apart. Both of our hands gripping the cart's handle. I wondered how we looked to other people. . . Like a couple?