Thirty Six | Pretzels

"Gel and acrylic, right?"

The lady behind the counter asked me and I nodded my head at her question, since it was true. I was getting my nails dome today. Erin, Vanessa and I were all getting are nails done, to clarify. Today was a girls day/find-a-last-minute-dress-forRiver's-graduation day. Would've already had my dress picked out and ready to go, but these past weeks - before I had came to realization - I had been distracted thinking about a certain man. Now graduation was less than seventy-two hours away and I had nothing in my closet that was worthy. Had nothing in my closet that was walk-across-the-stage-in-front-of-hundreds-of-people-watching worthy, so hence why we had decided to go to the mall.

The mall that I suggested was the best of all the other malls in the city too. The mall was a little of a drive, but it was worth it if it had everything we wanted. And everything we wanted, it had: Lost of different stores to shop from, an eyebrow place, eyelash extension place, and nail salon. My hair was already done - silk press - so, the only thing that was left on the-getting-ready-for-graduation check list was- here. At the mall.

We had already gotten most of the list done before our nails. And to repeat, I wasn't the only one getting dolled up either. Vanessa, Erin, and I - we were treating ourselves today. Eyebrows and eyelashes now were checked off. Next on the list, was nails then shopping for clothes- well mostly my dress. It had been a really fun morning/afternoon. I really loved my friends.

I loved life.

And shit, had I been saying that phrase a lot these past days. These past days, I was appreciating stuff more. Appreciating the good things I had in life. Appreciating myself more.

I realized that I hadn't been doing a lot of that before. Now I really had taken some time and just taken a step back and appreciate myself. And when I meant appreciating, I didn't mean starting at myself in the mirror for hours and hours and just thinking, God you did a fucking amazing job in making me. Even thought that statement may be true, I wasn't that vain. I was appreciating the little things in myself that had gotten unnoticed, like how every time I was looking/cooking a recipe I had always made sure to add a little something different to the food, just for a little dazzle. Also, like how every time I was sent a message on instagram to make something, I always made sure to deliver the food with a little note on the container to show my gratitude for my costumers. It was the little things I was catching myself always doing that was coming to my attention.

I was actually a new person. A better person. A better lover. Or should I say a better fucker?

Vance had taught me another lesson - I now knew that I could take big dick. And some may ask why I would even bring that up? Well because it meant that I could now throw away all the measuring tapes and such and just fuck, without wondering if my vagina was going to split open and part wide like the Red Sea.

Ha, wasn't that the perfect choice of words: Red Sea. And not because my vagina would stink or smell like fish and/or the Sea, but because the blood - if I was split open - would be oozing out red. Blood was red. Red = Blood. Made sense, okay? Okay.

"Here is your receipt." The lady's voice brought me out from my thinking and my eyes moved away from the wall then met her gaze.

"Thank you." I said then turned in the direction her finger was pointing, to the way where Vanessa and Erin were standing. Both standing by the color wall trying to pick out which color they wanted to paint their nails.

"What color are you getting?" Erin asked me when I arrived by they sides.

I had a feeling on which color I was going to get. I always picked darker colors now. The bright colors didn't look good on me and hurt my eyes when I looked at them for too long. I remember one time I had gotten a bright green color and ugh, it just didn't fit me. It felt like I had boogers on my nails. I even accidentally stuffed a whole finger down my throat because I had mistook it for one of those green gooey treats. But nope, sadly, it was just a nail.