Nine | Sushi

Sushi - Sushi was the reason that Erin Lawson was screaming loudly over the phone acting like something horrendous happened- like she just got back some test results that stated that she actually was three-months pregnant.

But she wasn't.

And to me the only reasons you should be yelling loudly over a phone-call in the presence of other people was if you received one of the following. A: Got back some test results that stated you were positive for pregnancy, as I stated before, or you gotten back an another positive result that stated you had an STD. B: A love one has died. Or C: You, for some reason, found out that you are related to Jeff Bezos and you now get a share of his fortune. And then I'll probably find a way to follow you to his house and proceed to rob him of all of his gold silverware.

Otherwise, what was the point in yelling in front of others?

But by the looks of it- Erin Lawson did not care one bit that she was yelling in the presence of others. Yelling about sushi.

According to google; sushi was a traditional Japanese dish prepared in vinegared rice (also referred to as shari or sumeshi), and was usually coated with some-type of sugar or salt. This dish would be accompanied with all types of ingredients- wavering from: raw seafood to vegetables.

Now how could that mouth-watering dish make anyone upset?

I'll explain it- the sushi was supposed to arrive here an hour ago. The party would be starting in about 30 minutes and our main dish was no where to be seen. So- what's the word for a party planner demon? Kind-of like bridezilla, but in party planner form? I'll just say PartyZilla. Erin was acting like a Partyzilla; she wanted everything spotless, perfect and in order for her boyfriend's birthday.

And I couldn't be mad at that. But I could inform her of her loud tone. Talk to her about lowering her voice on the phone when she was in the presence of other humans - since the party serves, waiters, and workers were looking at her like she had grown two demon horns and a fiery tail.

I would want her to do the same for me if I ever became in that situation- to calm me down so I won't be named Partyzilla Part two.

That got me thinking. . . Would Vance want me to thro- wait.

Why the fuck was I thinking about Vance when I thought of throwing someone, aka: a boyfriend, a party? When during the whole ride over here. . . he hadn't said a single word to me. And I threw many sentences his way. Well, aside from a 'put your seatbelt on' was spoke on his end but I'm not counting that as a conversation. It wasn't a conversation- it was a legal requirement that you had to do when you were in a car and he just reminded me to do it. My mind was confuzzled at that moment - when I entered his car; taking in everything.

Pause. Nope, nope, no my nose was growing more inches by the day (my nick-name could no longer be Honest Abe) because I lied. My mind was still confused. I stayed confused. Off the rails. Forgot what was left. Forgot right. Forgot how to hopscotch. Forgot how to tie my shoes. Forgot how to put on pants- do you slide them over your head? Over your arms? Left or right first? Shit - I forgot, that I forgot that I didn't know which way was left or right. So, up or down?

Fuck that. I didn't even need to know how to wear jeans at the moment anyway- I had on a dress. A dress that made a feel sexy. A dress that exposed my dazzling legs. My legs that were practically on fire from the looks that Vance was giving them.

I was standing near one of the doors - prepared to pull Erin out with me and discuss to her about her over excessive yelling - leaning against the wall while Vance was stationed in the left corner, in a booth. Yes! My common sense was back and better be here to stay.