Twenty Four | Takis

"Wake up, bitch."

My ears were fully awake now thanks to loud mouth. My eyes though? Still closed. But I didn't even need to open my eyes to know who said that and who that voice belonged to. Erin's voice was one-of-a-kind. Erin's screams were unique. Her screams would cause me to get an everyday headache. But at the same time, I loved them. Oh no, I was going insane. Maybe it was because I missed her when I was away at my parent's house?

Probably.

All of a sudden, the couch started to move. Had me rethinking my decision on staying in the living room and finish up all those movies with Erin last night. Come to think of it, how was she already up? And why the fuck was she trying to make me dizzy? My head scarf was already tight around my head so her rocking the couch - which I was seated on - was making me see double.

I couldn't believe the strength of one girl that could get this whole couch to move, also with another lady on it, but the shit was moving. That reminded me, I needed to stop it before I ended up failing or worse, throwing up. All that popcorn made me feel bloated.

"Erin, what the hell. . .I'm up." I said as my eyes opened up. "Stop, damn."

She listened because I noticed my vision had gone back to normal. Things were no longer dizzy. I heard her slippers quack and I saw them come around to the front of the couch and stand across from me. My gaze traveled up and Erin was sporting a huge smile.

"What?" I asked because I was confused on her excited reaction. Did someone drop a hundred outside our apartment door?

"I just got the confirmation email for the tickets. Today is the fucking day! I'm so excited!" More quacking was heard. She was now jumping up and down. I quickly moved the cover off of me and got up from the couch. I put my hands on her shoulder to calm her down, but mostly because all that quacking was going to make me have an headache. One quack already drive me insane. It was too early.

"Congratulations, E. It's the concert thing right? The thing you were doing for Jett's birthday?" That was the most logical answer. It explained the tickets. Or maybe the tickets were for some underground sex party? The latter was wrong because Erin nodded her head at my question before. "Wait - when do you guys leave?"

"Tonight. And we probably won't be back for maybe two days? Like I said before, the concert is kind-of a journey so we are sleeping away somewhere." She turned away, too quick for me to even comment on her recent sentence, and went to the kitchen. I decided to follow her and see where her mind was at because it looked like something was urgent. Something urgent that had to do with the refrigerator because that's where her body stopped by.

She opened the refrigerator then gasped. "Where is all the food?"

I moved my head to the side and also looked inside. The refrigerator was empty. "I have no idea." I said. 

She turned back around then looked my way. "Want to go shopping with me? Jett and I are going to need food for the road and I know you're going to need food since there's nothing in this fridge. You want to go?"

Did I want to go? I didn't feel like getting ready and leaving the house but I knew I needed to. Erin was not trusted to shop only by herself for groceries. First, it was because every time she went, she got all types of different shit that we didn't need or it was food that she never ate. Second, it was because she didn't know what I liked. And as I stated before, my taste buds are different and unique.

So yeah, I was going to go shopping. I couldn't trust the bitch by herself.

Another reason for me to go shopping started to arise from the back of my head. A reason that would get me in trouble. A reason that would get my heart in trouble. But you know what? Fuck it. My reason/idea was something that I wanted to do. It was something that I wanted to happen. And I'll be damned before I just shoot down a perfect opportunity and a perfect chance to make this reason/idea a reality.