Sixteen | Ceviche

| *opens holy book* Bless these readers LMAO. |

| Song: Maniac-Jhené Aiko (slowed) |

***

Okay so our conversation started off casual at first, it was simple, easy at first. I arrived in his car, sat down in the passengers seat - once again tired to ignore the addicting scent of him, basically - and asked him easy questions. Starting off with Whats your favorite color? to If you were stranded on a private island what would be the one thing that you bring? And during these minutes in his car, I found out a lot of things about Vance.

His favorite color was Grey. Not surprising. Maybe he would want me to call him Mr. Grey? Wink wink. His favorite rapper was Drake, now that surprised me. Not because 30-year-olds couldn't listen to Drake, more so I didn't think Vance listened to Drake. Shit, I didn't think he listened to anybody. Or maybe I thought he was just going to name some other rapper like Nas or Jay-Z. The 'older' rappers. The quote on quote: Legends. Luckily for me, Drake was his favorite and not Vanilla Ice, NBA Youngboy or Macklemore or I was really going to have to walk out that car, even if it was the last thing I wanted to do.

The man was a dog lover, kitty cat wrecker another wink wink, a film enthusiast (His favorite movie was Inception), a sour patch loving motherfucker, a 14 foot wearing specimen, had an unhealthy addiction to playing COD, and once in Highschool got caught making out behind some bleachers while a fire drill was going on.

An interesting man.

My interesting man.

Wait- what? Scratch that, sorry. An interesting man. Not mine.

But as I stated before, it started off simple. Easy questions. Environment was chill. Comfortable. I even laughed a few times at my friend. We even laughed together at one point. He was surprisingly easy to talk to, or maybe it was because I was in this sort of high state. High off what exactly? I couldn't tell you but whatever was going on, I found myself finding Vance less intimidating.

I found myself being bold. I found myself moving closer to the never-had-a-girlfriend-since-highschool man.

Oh did I not mention that? Mr. Lawson hadn't had a girlfriend since highschool. And that was precisely around 13 years ago, since the man was 31. He hasn't held hands with someone as they are walking through a crowded sidewalk since a whole decade ago. He hasn't been on a date. He hasn't met any new parents. He hasn't bought a box of chocolates. Hasn't said I love you in over a decade. Not since highschool.

Highschool - I wonder what he was like in high school. I asked simple questions, he didn't expand on most, so I couldn't really get an elaborate picture on his highschool experience but if he had been sucking off someones lips during a damn fire assembly, I bet his highschool experience was nothing less than fucking good.

My experience of highschool could be classified as good too, if I'm being honest. No I wasn't necessarily popular or had a flock of boys linning up to get a taste of my cooch but I was fairly decent. Had braces. A good rack. A good head of hair on my head. Got decent grades. Had a small circle. Basically, nothing to complain about.

And I wasn't about to. Well I wasn't in the mood of complaining or thinking about anything right now because - as I previously stated before - I was feeling bold, right now right here in his car. My hand was feeling bold. I needed to be apart of the faction of Dauntless because the move I was about to perform? It required bravery. And shit, if I were to get a sneak quick peek at Four too I wouldn't be mad.

On second thought, my fraction picking was shit because as my hand was moving closer and closer to Vance, I caught a look in his eye. A dont-you-fucking-dare look. And I found out that bravery was not my strongest suit because I inched away my hand and turned to the side, looking out the window.