Fourteen | Chocolate chip cookie

This was a dream. This was not my life. I was not about to walk into a bakery that somehow wanted me - River Ballas - to bake for them.

Again I repeat: this was not real life.

And I would've believed it too. But then I was hit with reality. Literally hit. I guess I was standing in the middle of the sidewalk because some guy pushed into me, slightly, in my side and muttered out a 'move bitch'. And like I said before - it hit me. This was my life. Real. And besides, what person even dreamt of a random stranger saying move bitch to them in their own dream? Strangers were harsh and dreams needed to be peaceful. Well at least all my dream needed to be peaceful. Hence why I only dreamed of my fantasies. Dreams, books, and movies were basically my only outlet so I made sure to keep it to my liking.

The rude mans parting figure had me rolling my eyes. Where are the open sewer holes in the concrete when you need them? After I finished wishing - one last time - for him to somehow fall in a imaginary hole, I stared up at the 'Right from the Oven' sign and smiled. This was fucking crazy.

It was also fucking funny how excited I was this morning too. I got up extra early today and prepared a wonderful breakfast for Erin and I - eggs, waffles, bacon, and biscuits. And it was fucking crazy how my happy energy was still present at school too. I even walked with an extra hop in my step. Yep I was basically hopping everywhere and to also add on: with a creepy smile on my face. I was the fucking easter bunny. But instead of chocolate-filled eggs and candy, I was here to bring people a basket of my latest products and auction them bitches off.

200 for used hairbrush? 300 for a broken mirror? Or to bring out the big guns: a piece of Vance's hair for 600?

Ha. It was also funny how some of my teachers were looking at me. Like they never saw a happy student with a smile on her face and a hop in her step roam around the school.

A cool breeze swished past me and it once reminded me where I was and brought me back to the present - the present where I was still slightly sectioned in the middle of the walkway. Just standing outside of the bakery, just staring. Fuck. I zipped up my jacket a little and finally got my feet back to working, moving. Moving me inside the bakery. Where I was greeted by Vanessa.

The dreammaker. My fairygodmother. The personwhoheldmydreamintheirhands Vanessa.

And of course the always-with-a-smile-present Vanessa had a smile present on her face. She always looked so happy like someone just slapped a big fifty dollar bill in her hand. Well her life was set, she probably always had a reason to smile. She owned a bakery and also had had another job that - both - produced loads of income. Shit, she probaly was the one slapping a fifty dollar bills in peoples hands without another care in the world. I imagined her saying, 'Oh no, why the long face? Here's fifty. Hey why are you crying? Here's fifty to help wipe your tears. Good lord, you are one poor student. Instead of a fifty, I'm just going to offer you a job. I took one look at your clothes and knew off the bat you needed help dear.'

Yep, the last one I imagined her talking to me.

I didn't know why my mind did that - why my mind went on a tangent. A rude one. I needed to remind myself that she saw something in me. She wanted me to work here because of my talent. Because of my skills. So those thoughts needed to be put to rest.

Ugh, sometimes I wanted to hit myself.

I mirrored her expression - her smile - and raised my hands to greet her in a hug as I realized that's why she hadn't stopped moving. "Hi Vanessa." I said as my hands came back down to rest.