[chapter: 30] Forgive

A/N: OH MY GOD IM SO SORRY! I MEANT TO POST THIS BEFORE THE LAST CHAPTER! This is chapter 30-obviously- it takes place right after the previous chapter so I'm sorry if chapter 31 brought up any confusion! AGAIN SO SORRY! I also need to ask you all a question... women in suits? Would you wear suits if you could... this will effect another chapter in this series... 

"I, I just feel bad. I was the one who-"

"I'm gonna give it to you straight," Steve told her, "Yeah, you freaked her out. This was her first- of probably many panic attacks. But it was also pretty recent so she's still on edge. She could have ptsd or anxiety for all we know."

"Um, Natasha. If it makes you feel a bit better, you're not the first person to trigger something..." Peter made his way towards them. "When she came back from being.. Shot... she had a flashback. The class was dark, the teacher was playing something where there were gunshots- She slipped into this state of mind... I helped her out of course. Teacher didn't..." He had trailed off. Both of them stared at him with a bit of surprise.

"So she knows she may-" Natasha was the first for the surprise to wear off. Sadly to be interrupted by Peter.

"I don't know. She avoids talking about that stuff..."

"Don't we all?" Steve added. The two spiders looked at him in all seriousness before shrugging it off as they typically did. All three had some trauma and mental issues. As did most of them team who were quite sympathetic for her situation. "I mean being in a shooting and kidnapped so close together and being so young doesn't help."

"Brains aren't fully developed until 25..." Peter added at random. "Just saying."

"I'm gonna talk to her..." Natasha stepped away to the secluded area where she was sat with her dad, Bucky. As they saw her approach he stepped away heading to the hallway while Natasha pulled a comfortable seat in front of Y/n. It was obvious Natasha had set her off. Y/n had curled into a small ball. Hugging her knees the moment she had walked in.

"Hey."

"Hi."

"I wanted to apologize, I tried to attack you. Maybe kill you. I- sorry I don't-"

"It's fine. I'm fine. I'll be fine."

"You're lying," Natasha deadpanned. "You keep doing that and it'll get worse, trust me. Look, we've all been in the same position with panic or anxiety attacks, different disorders and just a shit ton of mental issues. We set each other off, kinda often. Triggering each other unknowingly. I try not to listen to ballet music, that triggers memories I'd rather not stir up."

"Why? Oh wait you don't have to-"

"I was part of this program, the black widow program. At a place called the red room. They did a lot of terrible stuff to create assassins. Killed a lot of children in the process."

"How old were you?"

"Born there for all I know. Grew up there."

"That must suck."

"It does but, I've gotten better. So will you. We've all made progress. Everyone goes through terrible shit some-" She was interrupted by a complete stranger. A man with an eyepatch and dark clothing- total goth, maybe pirate.

"How come I've just heard Barnes has a daughter? And not from one of you guys- no. Romanoff? Barton? I expect better." Some people walked in just then, hearing the sudden ruckus. A bit shocked he was there but not too surprised.

"Fury," My dad sternly spoke.

"Barnes, mind telling me the truth?"

"As long as you stay the fuck away...Fine but I don't want your teams doing anything to do with her. No talking to her, spying, stalking, researching, none of it. If something were to happen.. Remember I'm an assassin." They were face to face, both seem eerily calm though Dad seemed to be a bit angry. Steve had held him by the shoulder- his left shoulder. In case he needed to hold him back.

"Este bine, tată. Nu-ți face griji pentru mine." (It's fine dad, don't worry about me) I stood up as I spoke. Walking towards the two but stopped halfway.

"Ah, the daughter, correct." He held out his hand in which I shook politely.

"Yes, sir. I'm Y/n. And who are you?"

"Director Fury of SHIELD. I'm sure you've heard of us."

"I'm gonna say no." I knew of it of course but, I decided not to remember at the moment.

"SHIELD, or strategic, homeland, intervention enforcement and logistics division."

"Long name, but expected."

"Of course... now-"

"We've met each other and you can leave. Unless you wanted something, that is?"

"You could be a useful addition to SHIELD. Care to join us?"

"Again. No. Maybe in like 5 years when I have completely forgot this conversation, I might just say yes. You got what you came for, you can kindly leave."

"I like this one. I'll see you in 3." And he kindly exits like I asked. I turn back to them all. Open jaws across the room. As if saying 10/10 dive, A+, etc...

"She just did that, she just did that. I love my future daughter in law..." Tony was the first to speak.

"What?"

"That's my fucking daughter." He held his head up. Arms bent and hands on his forehead.

"Language, Buck."

"But, ok N/n. You don't understand cause you don't fear him or shit but- that man is just-" He sputtered out.

"He's kinda like our boss..." Clint threw out.

"Oh shit, did I make a mistake?" My eyes widened at the shock. Fuck, is he gonna kill me? I'm gonna die...

"Hell no, he'll love you. Probably already does," Natasha smiled. "He doesn't like a lot of people except for maybe, Clint, me, Carole.. Whoever the fuck that is.."

"I get it. Big scary dude, maybe 3 small children in a trench coat?" I shrugged off.