[chapter:11] Call

A/N: Hi, though I'd update early. I have just written like three or four chapters for this book. It's kinda crazy. 

I wipe my tears away, getting a hold of myself I stand up. As does he. He lets out a dry laugh before getting a hold of me from my shoulder. I sniff away my sappiness.

"Wait- before they know. What should I call you?"

"Whatever you want doll."

"Okay, dad..." I mumble softly. But loud enough for him to hear. Shockingly- someone else hears. Please note my sarcasm.

"Dad?" Sam yelled out in shock, revealing the secret. Now not so secret.

"Ye-yeah," He mumbled under his breath. Neither of us are great with all the attention. Which is quite obvious. At least to us.

"So-when exactly did that happen Barnes?" Ms. Black Widow asked.

"Okay let's just sit down everyone. It's a hectic story," He had instructed. He found a seat on a coffee table, I simply stood behind him. Allowing him to take on the story. Everyone did as told. Most already on the couch. "So, 17 years or so ago. I had escaped. With the help of a woman who I later got with... romantically. We dated while I was hiding for the few years I escaped. And from what I can remember, we were young parents. Unfortunately HYDRA found us. Y/n was unharmed and was able to escape but... we weren't so lucky. Her mom, my past girlfriend, died. I was taken back. I forgot everything..." He struggled with speaking of death and HYDRA. He forever was talking to his toes as he was uncomfortable to meet anyone's eyes.

"I-" I pause for a moment before picking my words wisely, "We only found out today. When, Wanda had entered my mind briefly. She found something that she was familiar with. Something-he's familiar with... Trigger words." The moment was awfully silent for a room decked out with superheroes, geniuses, and even a god.

"Hey, guys say something, please?" Dad speaks. Dad... that's going to take a while to really process. Damn.

"So does that mean she's gonna come over more?" Tony speaks up.

"I mean I want to spend time with her so yeah."

"Shit, I still need to tell my mom..." I realize aloud.

"That's going to take some explaining." As the words are spoken my phone rings, I excuse myself to answer it. Like I expected it was my mom. I walk into a nearby hallway isolated from Peter's family- and mine too. I guess.

"Hi mom."

"Hi sweetie, you ready to come back? I'm almost home. Would you want me to pick you up or get a ride home? Whatever works best honey."

"Um let me check with Peter real quick and I'll be right back okay?"

"Okay, love you!"

"Love you too mom."

I turn back and see B-Dad. Dad. Walking towards me. He gives me a small smile

"Hi," I say meekly.

"Hey, I know this is all really weird but I need you to know some stuff before you leave today. Just getting to know stuff. I know this is a lot of stuff to process for both of us but-"

"Of course I will. But I have to get going soon, my mom's almost home. Maybe I could come back..."

"Yeah you will no 'but's' about it. I've had almost everything taken away from me, now I have a daughter and I won't miss another second of it. Even if you don't want me to."

"I like the sound of that," I said, taking a pause in between. "I should grab my stuff and get going, bye Dad."

I walk to the guest room throwing all my things in my bag and cleaning up after myself. I make the bed all tidied up, close the closet door. Fix the curtains I had drawn close. Everything is clean when Peter walks in.

"Time to go?"

"Yeah, thanks so much by the way. Your best person I think I will ever meet."

"No I'm not, come on let's get you home so you can explain everything that happened this weekend," He laughs.

"Yeah, this going to take some getting used to isn't it?"

"Sure is!"