[chapter: 14] Day Out

I was finishing up my outfit. Just a pair of jeans and a nicer T shirt. Now I'm just waiting. Dad- it's still weird to say that in my head. Will be picking me up so we can head out. He wanted to 'get to know me' at least that's what I keep telling myself. I'm nervous, I'll admit. I'm still processing what happened- 1,2- 4 days ago. Mom is here too, she wants to meet my biological dad.

Peter helped a bit. Giving me my dad's number and vice versa. We had talked a little bit, eventually planning to meet in person again. He picked out a little restaurant to eat at. He should be arriving any minute now. As soon as the thought entered my mind I heard-

Knock. Knock.

I rush towards the door where my mom follows me. She manages to open the door before me.

"Hello, you must be James. It's a pleasure to meet you." They exchanged a few pleasantries before I managed to get her out of the way. I nudge her over softly. Letting out soft laughs I do.

"Ready to go?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."

We walked out to where I assumed he parked the car.

"Actually-we're taking my motorcycle if that's okay.. Easier to park in the streets."

"None taken, I've always wanted to ride one actually." He hands me a helmet from the motorcycle and puts his on. I look at it weirdly, not understanding the straps to keep it in place. He waits for a second before he takes it from me. Placing it on my head and doing it himself. I hold my chin up for him to see. (A/N: My dad has a motorcycle and he used to do this for me when I was younger)

"You might want to take my jacket too, just as a precaution.." He takes a leather jacket from the seat compartment and hands it over. "Now we can go."

I shrug it on and examine the fit. It fitted me somewhat loosely but it still served its purpose to protect me. He hopped on and had me jump on right after. I hold my arms tightly around him as he starts heading out.

Even though the helmet covered most of my head I could still feel the wind on my face. I lifted it up more to get a better feeling of it, closing my eyes as I did. Smiling. I feel us cme to a stop as I open my eyes.

"I'm guessing you like this?"

"It feels like I've just been existing for the past 15 years and not living... it feels awesome."

"The place is just around the corner."

And not even a minute later, parked and ready we walk in. We find a table in the corner and wait for a waiter to come. A young man-maybe a few years older then me walks over.

"What can I do for you two today? Drinks?"

"Water please."

"F/D." (A/N: Favorite drink) She walks off once she writes it down on her little notepad.

He chuckles lightly as he sips from his. "So this is supposed to be a gettin to know each other thing so... god I'm awful at small talk."

"Same here, maybe it's hereditary? Either way this conversation will be awkward."

"Uh, okay what about ice breakers? I'll start?" I nod, "uh have you always lived with your mom?"

"For as long as I can remember. Well except for, you know.." I swirl my straw around my drink. "Um, are you with anyone? Romantically, I'd like to know if I'm getting another parent anytime soon," I laugh.

"I am. Uh. Serious talk okay?"

"Serious as hell."

"What if I told you that person is also.. An avenger. And possibly a man."

"I'd be perfectly fine with that...Who?"

"Steve Rogers."

"Shmaptain Shmerica? Hm, shoulda known. 'Just roommates', my textbook said," I scoffed a bit.

"Okay, you now. Um ooh, any relationships?"

"One, last year. My ex was a bit of a bully so I dumped his ass."

"Atta girl."

"My turn, um most embarrassing moment!"

"Oh that has to go to when I got pranked by Clint-Hawkeye. He caught the whole thing on the cameras and has them hidden away now for all I know."

"What did he do?"

"You'll have to wait for your next turn..."