[chapter:10] A Reveal Of Sorts

A/N: I am so sorry for taking so long with updates, I've been drowning in schoolwork and my grades aren't doing so well. I will try to update according to my schedule. Again I'm so sorry!! I wanted to update now so I won't forget again. So here's a chapter albite a bit short.

I don't know what to think. Should I believe Peter or ignore the matter. Maybe it's a coincidence. My mind is like the internet, 17 tabs are open, five are frozen and I don't know where the noise is coming from. I turn my head to the door. Oh, now I know where the noise is from, the door clicks as Wanda approaches.

"Move the leg, please. I'm going to sit here." I drag my knees into my chest sitting up at the same time. "Your mind is running at 1000 miles per hour, I assume?"

"Shouldn't you already know?" I question back with a small smirk.

"I guess so," She paused for a moment, in a hesitant manner. "I'm not sure how to say this to be completely honest. Why don't I start from the beginning, the sort of beginning." I stay silent for the most part. "When I went into your mind, I obviously found something. Which led to revealing even more than you're aware of. I can sense Peter told you something?"

"There's a connection between my family and-"

"Bucky. You know what? FRIDAY, send Bucky here please. He shouldn't have any questions." FRIDAY agreed and a moment or two later he walked in.

"Wanda I don't know what I'm doing and even if I did I don't think I can right now," He whispered, but it was just loud enough for me to hear.

"This isn't exactly my business, I just got tangled up in it. Tell her." She pointed a finger at his chest before heading out. I adjusted my sitting position, so I held my legs tighter and my face was lowered slightly. He looked at me and a wavering look crossed his face.

"I can't, I'm sorry." He left without another word. As the door was opened again I saw Wanda never left. She didn't go after him.

"Look you need to know, he's not taking this too well. So I'll fill in the position of telling you. Your dad, is um.."

"Alive?" I say in shock.

"Yeah and- God this is difficult. This is his job. Not mine."

"Why is it his job? Unless..." Oh no. My hold on my legs loosens at the realization. "He's-" Oh my god, what? He's, he could possibly be-

"Your dad, father..."

"But how? How is that possible, wasn't he like brainwashed? Or at least that's what history says."

"I went into his mind, dragged some hidden memories back up and found you. He must've ran away multiple times but- in this specific attempt he had slightly settled down... There was a woman, him and you. HYDRA had found you all though."

"Then how am I here?"

"You hid well, they weren't able to find you I guess. But he was taken back and your mom was..."

"Dead." She nodded solemnly.

"I'll be right back." She stands to stop me but I speed out the door asking Friday to take me to him. Even if he doesn't want to talk I do. The elevator takes me to the common room. A few others were there. Sitting on the couch or chatting. He stood at the far corner. Quietly talking to Steve in a rushed and urgent manner. I was unsure of whether or not to approach him. I pick my feet up and drag myself to the pair.

"Mr. Bucky?" I asked timidly. He looks at me in a flash. I'm surprised he didn't get whiplash.

"I.." He didn't finish his sentence.

"I just wanted to say it's fine. You have a life now, I'm satisfied just knowing what happened." I smile before walking back. Not giving him a chance to speak. I don't think I could handle that.Tilting my head down slightly.

"Hey, no." He grabbed my arm,"That's not why, it's a shock really. I guess partially it is, since I'm with someone. But it's just a shock. You knew you had a different family at one point. I- I didn't. I forgot everything. Until today of course." He pulled me into a hug. Another surprise. "I'm sorry if I came off as mean or rude or- what I'm trying to say is sorry."

"Why are you sorry?"

"I wasn't there."

"Don't, you're here now." He pulls me into his chest, which I respond with open arms. His hold is tight, like Peters. Though his left arm is looser than his right. His chin is propped up on my head. Mine in the nook of his neck. My knees weaken as I'm struck with a sob. A happy one.

"I'm sorry, are you okay?" His hold loosens and he begins to pull away but I stop him. Promptly leaning further into him.

"Happy tears, happy tears..." He goes back to our regular hug now sinking to the floor as I'm not strong enough to hold myself up.

"Okay, I hate to ruin the moment but what the fu-"