[chapter: 16] Change

A/N: To be honest this is a bit of a filler but also cute fluff moment so it's whatever. I will be posting the following chapter for Christmas reasons! Happy holidays everyone!

Peter and I entered the penthouse chatting in a wild manner. Exchanging jokes and witty comebacks. He walked to the kitchen immediately, where I followed since I'm still a bit uncomfortable being without him here. I mean it is his home, not mine. Peter and I snacked on some chips. We were both starving after school.

    "What's gonna happen Friday?" I ask him.

"I dunno, I'm just worried and anxious and-"

"Yeah but why?" He gave me a pointed look at my question. "Because of your family? 'Cause let's be honest. They're amazing. They're the fucking avengers and they love you. So there's nothing to worry about except whether or not we'll get flash's face when he finds out.. Cause they're gonna find something out."

"Ned's been waiting for this to happen. I'm just not sure if I'll be ready to tell the truth to everyone. I like my life, except Flash. And homework. And teachers- you know what I meant!" I chuckle at his flustered complexion. "But that means fake people and different treatment and I don't want life to change."

"I don't want life to change either. But it will, that's just inevitable. I like how things are. I like it when we get to hang out, I don't want that to change. I liked it when we used to go to that old bookstore. But that changed-we don't go there anymore."

"Why did we stop?"

"I don't know..."