[chapter: 25] Grease and Envy

The elevator comes to a halt at the penthouse where Peter is waiting. He wraps me in a hug which I return as we sway slightly from one foot to the other. His chin resting on my head. We bolted to the living room where he slid to stop with help from fuzzy socks. I ran in beside him.

"Grease, right?"

    "Yeah." He turned the tv on as he jumped onto the couch from behind it. I approached and slid under a blanket with him. I stretched slightly into a more comfortable position. My head was nuzzled between his neck and collarbone and my leg was draped across his lap. He had one hand on my waist and the other on my calve, drawing silly little figures.

    I let out a short laugh. I drew myself away from him slightly.

    "What?"

    "That tickles.."

    "No.. this should-" I jumped away immediately however he grabbed me from behind, picking me up.

    "No!" I yelled but was cut off by my own laughter. "Peter Benjamin Parker Stark I swear-"

    "Oh no-" He let go at the mention of his full name. This time I chased him and tackled him from behind. Jumping on his back

    "Can't we just watch the movie? This is my favorite part! The hopelessly devoted song is about to play!" I pointed out. My finger wavering towards the screen.

    "Fine." He helped me down and held me in front of him, his arms wrapping around my waist. I held his bicep loosely as we listened to the music, swaying slightly to the beat. I leaned my head against his chest. My neck, exposed and somewhat vulnerable. He pressed his lips to my shoulder and cheek in sweet chaste kisses. Sighing with relief I relaxed further into his chest.

    "I love this."

    "What about me?"

    "Of course I love you Petie."

    "You think they noticed us-" The both of us turn to the noise. The kitchen. We look around the corner to find Thor and the dude who tried to take over New York. Loki if I'm correct.

    "Uncle Thor! Uncle Loki!" Peter exclaims hugging the both of them.

    "Young Stark, how good it is to see you!" Thor said-or yelled. Is that his normal voice? "Who is this young maiden you are courting?" Yes. Yes it is. For some Goddamn reason.

    "I'm Y/n L/n -well technically Barnes-" I trailed a bit off topic. "A pleasure to meet you both," I introduced myself. "And yes, I think. We're dating...If I'm remembering shakespeare correctly.."

    "Barnes? Like James but I thought Midgardians-" Mr. Thor questioned.

    "Long story, that I don't even know that much about to be honest. But yes he is my Dad."

    "Hmm, interesting," Mr. Loki mused.

    "What're you doing here? I thought you'd be here later this week?" Peter asked.

    "We decided to leave a bit early..." They answered but it seemed a bit suspicious.

    "Let's just say there was an incident," Mr. Loki smirked evilly.

    "Loki couldn't stop himself from-"

    "I don't believe children should even hear of the tale, Thor."

    "A story?"

    "Ah yes, Loki had cast some illusions on the guards. All of them were equally terrified of each other."

    "Just a silly prank, it was harmless," He shrugged off.

    "Three guards are currently healing because of this 'harmless' prank."

    "Well I'll be off, most likely reading in my room if you need me.."

    "What do they even read from here?" I asked under my breath.

    "My brother indulges in poetry and whimsical tales from Midgardians libraries!" Thor 'speaks' again.

"Ooh, maybe he has recommendations.. I've read all my books like 10 times each..."

"I'm currently reading A Midsummer Night's Dream."

.

.

.

.

.

"He stole my girlfriend..." Peter sighed. Staring at the two, Loki and Y/n were both talking about books that they both enjoyed. They were engaged in an entertaining conversation about old books that Peter couldn't name.

    "Are they still talking?" Steve asked as he rounded the corner.

    "Yeah.."

    "Don't be so down, bud. Just join them."

    "I tried.. Can you guess how that went?"

    "Not good I'm assuming."

    "Awful, I don't understand history or poetry and writing as well as Y/n.. she's a lot smarter than me.."

    "Says the guy who has a genius IQ, don't worry about it so much."

    "To be honest it's like a completely different language to me. History and books.. Well not my kind of books." Peter sulked even more into his chair. At the same moment his dad and uncle Bucky walked over as well.

    "Should I be worried?" Bucky pointed out.

    "Yeah! He stole Y/n from me with a bunch of smart book talk."

    "They're just getting along, no need to worry 'bout her Buck," Steve responded in a hush tone, calming him with a gentle kiss to the cheek.

    "I know he's not like evil or anything but I still don't like him," Tony added on as he grabbed some coffee for himself. Leaning against the counter as they all looked at the situation present.

    "I'm gonna grab some water!" Y/n announced and got up. The four immediately looked away, straying from the previous conversation. Steve turned his back to them as he leaned closer toward Bucky. Tony took a long sip of his coffee as Peter sat down in the spinny counter stool.

.

.

.

.

.

    "Hey Peter!" I smiled at him, pecking him on the cheeks quickly. I opened the fridge and reached for bottled water then sat next to him. "Why are you so quiet? You usually- I dunno ramble." He just sighed. I looked at the time, it was a bit late. "I gotta go, my mom is probably waiting but I'll see you tomorrow." I press a kiss to the corner of his lips, leaving hesitantly. "Bye dad, everyone.." I give my Dad a hug and wave to Tony and Steve as I make my way to the elevator.

    Walking into the dark yet busy streets I made my way to the Subway. Hoping to catch it before it leaves. I checked my phone for the time- I was running late to the subway. It'll leave in 4 minutes. I considered it- and decided to take a short cut. I sprinted towards some alleys and ran through a few before being stopped-

    "What the fu-"

    "Shut her up!" A man's voice yelled out. I kicked and squirmed as a muscular body wrapped around me. Another in front of me. I kicked the man in front in the crotch and as he bent over kicked his head. The man behind me took the opportunity to slam me hard. Landing on the concrete floor. Splitting my skin open. I fought as tough as I could before losing my sense completely to pitch black.