[chapter: 33] Suits You

"Hey Peter!" I yelled over the loud music Tony played as they worked on separate projects. Dr. Banner was in the corner of the lab, working on his own project. They all looked up as I entered. It wasn't uncommon for me to come down here. I usually watched Peter working and occasionally pointed out a few mistakes. I was smart, yes but Peter was a genius so oftentimes I would silently watch as his mind worked wonders.

"Hi Angel," He walked towards me and pecked my cheek as he grasped my hand. "Come on, I wanna show you something I've been working on." He walked me towards his station where a suit was laid out. It wasn't his usual suit though. No spiderman design or any other that matched the other superheroes he lived with.

"When I was younger, I noticed my dad makes suits for the people he loves. Me, my mom and Uncle Rhodey. Morgans a bit small right now," He joked, "So for the past two weeks whenever you're training with Bucky I've been working on this!" He moved out of the way to show a suit similar to his with some thicker armor around the torso, calves and forearms. The armored pieces were a pretty gold that matched the f/c suit. There was a white belt that was hung around the waist of the suit loosely. I stood in shock.

"Do-do you not like it?" I looked up at his worried face quickly, giving myself slight whiplash.

"I love it Peter, why wouldn't I? I love it so much Peter, you're so sweet and caring and loving an-"

"I'm happy you're happy. I just want to protect you." He hugged me tightly. I returned it with a squeeze. Almost locking myself onto him. Tony and Dr. Banner smiled at the two of us lightly.

"So, does this mean you have a patrol partner Pete?" His dad joked.

"I-"Peter and I look at each other expectedly. Looking at the other's reaction.

I'd love to. I have thought about it before. Whenever I'm training with my dad. Whenever he compliments my fighting. I always flashback to the shooting. How I felt obligated to protect my classmates during the field trip. The kidnapping. How I could've prevented it-

"Y/n? Y/n?" Peter's voice breaks through my thoughts.

"Sorry I got lost in thoughts!"

"Would you? Would you join me?"

"I've thought about it." I give some sort of answer. "During the field trip I felt obligated to do something. When I got kidnapped I-"

"You don't have to-"

"I know but, when that happened it's like a light was turned on or a button pushed and since then I don't know how to turn it off. I feel like I have to save people. Because if I don't then am I really doing anyone any good by sitting back."

"So yeah... yeah I will."