[chapter: 2] Meeting the Family

The next day after school Peter and I walked out of the school, I had my backpack and along with another with whatever I'll need for the next few days. We walked a little way away from the school about a block or two where we saw a fancy car.

"Woah, whoever owns that must be rich as fuck..." I muttered to myself. The window of said car began to roll down revealing Tony Stark. The fu-

"Hey Pete! This is Y/n correct? Nice to meet ya," He greeted. Peter and I got in the car.

"You being a genius makes much more sense now."

"He did that himself, I adopted him after he was declared a genius," Mr. Stark interrupted.

"So how come you failed to mention your family this past year?" I asked Peter.

"Well... it just never came up?"

"It never came up? My ass!" I hit his arm lightly. Not wanting to actually hurt him. Mr. Stark could be seen chuckling lightly at our interaction. Eventually we arrived at his home, driving into the garage. We hopped out and were greeted by a young girl no more than 5 years old.

"Hey Morgan!" Peter greeted her.

"Peter!" She ran to him, she was then picked up into a hug.

"Morgan this is Y/n, Y/n this is Morgan."

"Are you his girlfriend?" She asked, tilting her head slightly to the side.

"No, I'm just his friend."

"Good! Boys are gross!"

"Hey!" Peter interrupted at the rude comment. Giving his sister a glare.

"What about Flash and his friends? They're gross. Correct?" Y/n retorted.

"Okay you got me there... Now let's head upstairs. We got homework."

"Where should I put my bag?"

"Oh, there's a room next to Peter's you can use. It's a guest room," Mr. Stark informed us. I almost forgot he was here. He hadn't left and was actually standing near the doorway.

"Thank you Mr. Stark."

"Call me Tony."

"Sure, Tony."

Peter and I walked out towards the room next to his own. I planted my bags down before grabbing some homework out. He gestured for me to follow him as we walked to his room. It was what you would expect from him. Star wars, bunk bed, video games. What you expect from a teenage boy... if he was rich.

"We can work here if you want?"

"Sure." We pull out our work. Asking each other questions along the way. Neither of us needed much help but it came in handy when we were stuck on a problem or question.

"What did you get for number 12?" I glanced over at him for a second, trying to figure out what I did wrong.

"18," He laughed a bit.

"I got 9.5."

"I got Abraham Lincoln!" We both laughed for a few moments before he shuffled over to help me. We huddled next to each other. "You forgot the 1 and the negative sign."

"Of fucking course!"

"Language." A voice from behind us said. We turned around to see Captain America in the doorway.

"Sorry, Mr... Captain America... sir. I'm gonna stop talking."

"Uh, Pete. Your dad finished dinner. Luckily he didn't burn it this time," He sighed a breath of relief, I assume.

"Thanks Uncle Steve, we're just going to finish this up."

"Alright kid." He walked out after closing the door.

"I just embarrassed myself in front of an avenger."

"Don't worry, Ned fainted. You did much better."

"Yeah but am I an awkward, shy fanboy who shrieks at the mention of avengers or spiderman. I'm better than to do that."

"But what about Tom Holland or-"

"I'm cutting you out of the will!" I cut him off quickly, not wanting him to finish the thought.

"You can't do that... Wait, there's a will?"

"Of course there's have you forgotten how much we want to die?" I dismissed him.

"Oh yeah..." He glanced back down, hiding red stained cheeks. He pulled a few papers out and jotted a few answers down. We finished up the work rather quickly. And found ourselves in the dining area of the house.

When we walked in all eyes were on us. All of the avengers were there.

"You must be Y/n, Peter has talked about you quite a bit,"His mom, Pepper Potts speaks. She gave me a genuine smile and showed us some seats near the head of the table close to her and Tony. We sit down. Peter was chatty as per usual but I kept to myself.

"Wait so how did you two even meet? I forget," Tony asked, confused at the sight of us.

"I have to tell the story!" I yell at Peter viciously.

"Fine."

"Peter here, as per usual, was being an awkward dork. And wanted to ask out this girl named Liz. They went to homecoming or at least she did cause he ditched her. I don't know why..." I glanced over at Peter who gave me the look meaning he wasn't saying a word.

"And later that week she had to move. He didn't know when she was leaving so he left something in her locker for her. A little note and a flower apologizing about ditching her. She had left the day earlier and it was my locker now since I had just transferred. I was super confused when I found the stuff he left for her. So I found him eventually and gave it back. That's the beginning of our wonderful friendship!" I leaned against Peter, an arm wrapped around his shoulder as he chuckled.

"At least you didn't judge me."

"You apologized in a very romantic way. Very sweet. She would have forgiven you," I smiled at him. Rubbing his shoulder slightly before returning to my meal. After plenty of chatting and getting to know his family dinner was finished. Apparently tonight Peter was on dish cleaning duty. So I helped him so we can get to the fun things.

"I understand why you never mentioned your family now. I'm still new compared to MJ and Ned.You needed time to trust me, correct"

"No, I wanted you safe. Being their family or just being friends with me can be dangerous if someone found out. I don't want anything happening to you guys. MJ found out on her own and Ned was always questioning why he never got to come over to my house so after endless questions I showed him. If I couldn't keep this life from them I would do my best to hide it from you." Peter continued scrubbing the last dishes and put them into the dishwasher.

"So what now?" I ask him.

"Movie?"

"Sure!" We wander towards the living room and find a movie called Wonder. I read the book when I was younger so we decided to watch it. Halfway through the movie I could feel my eyes growing heavy with each second, I tried to fight sleep off the best I could but I failed so badly. I could feel myself falling asleep against Peter's chest and the last thing I see is him smiling down at me.