[chapter:13] Secrets

"You know what look at the time- she isn't home anyway. Why don't ya just leave and I'll text you later..." I tried to excuse myself from the situation I was given.

"No Y/n, you're doing this now." Peter was surprisingly strict. I had asked him to help me with my.. situation. My eyebrows raised at his behavior. "Look you can't keep it secret forever, you can only stall it. I'm going to stay until she shows up and you tell her." He sits himself down on my couch. Staring blankly at me. I put my bag away while we wait. Start my homework while I'm at it.

About 2 hours later my mom walked in. I tense up at the sound of the keys in the door. Peter's hand finds itself resting on my shoulder in comfort. I weakly smiled at him when mom walked in.

"Hi you two, how was your day sweetie?" She asked and gave a quick peck to my temple.

"Uh, good yeah good."

"You okay? You seem nervous. Something happened at school?"

"No, nothing happened at school but-" I take a deep breath, "I do have a bit of an announcement."

"Are you two dating?" She asks excitedly.

"No!" We both yell and start rambling over each other.

"Aw, I thought you two finally got together. It's fine though now, what did you want to tell me?" I looked over at Peter for help.

"It's okay, you'll be fine." I nodded before sitting my mom down opposite of our seats.

"So," I started. "You know how when I was younger I always wanted to know who my biological parents were?" She nods silently. "Well even though I gave up on that whole search a long time ago. I found something."

"Oh honey-"

"I met my dad."

"But- I was informed they died. He vanished and she was-"

"Dead. Yeah. Over the weekend some things happened..."

"At Stark Tower? Does that mean your dad works there or-"

"Peter can you help explain this next part?" I plead.

"At home some people live there-besides my parents and sister. Like the-"

"Avengers... Oh god. I- Who?"

"Winter Soldier, James Barnes."

"Y/n, I don't know how to respond to this. I didn't think this would happen after all. Did you talk about, you know, your parents."

"Yeah, um. He wanted to meet up. Get to know each other a bit more..."

"Of course honey!" She hugged me tightly, "But this doesn't mean your leaving me, right?"

"No I'm not."

"Oh, Peter this must be awkward for you.." She let me go.

"No this is kinda what I signed up for when Y/n asked for moral support." She laughed it off and rubbed away little tears slowly running down her face.

"So when can I meet your dad?" Mom asked with a small smile.