[chapter: 12] What Are These Feelings?

(A/N: I changed the book cover! Yay, it was a bit boring so hopefully it spices things up. I also have a ton of drafts- up to 24 as I am writing this A/N. I am really excited about what happens so I hope you are too!)

I take a deep breath as I approach my door. My mom was on the other side that I knew. What I didn't know is how she is going to react to my- little adventure this weekend. I knocked since I had left my keys home this weekend. She opens the door with a wide smile.

"Hi honey." She brings me into a close hold,"How's my daughter?"

"I'm good, thanks mom."

"Peter gave you a ride back?" I nodded in reply, "Is he there with his mom or dad. I want to say thank you.

"Yeah." We turn back to where Peter is seen with his dad at the sidewalk. Peter smiles and waves. Along with Tony. I look back at my mom whose jaw is dropped in shock. "Thanks again!" I yell out.

"No problem kid." My mom walks over. I can only hope for the best.

"So your Peter's dad?" To which he nods, "Thank you so much for letting my daughter stay. I hope she didn't cause any trouble on your end?"

"None, the rest of the team would agree. I should head back. Nice meeting you." The two of them walk back to the car, a fancy one once again. As they drive off my mom looks back at me.

"You? He? Really?"

"Yes mom really."

She begins to ramble on about it. Asking all sorts of questions. Which I was okay with for the most part. It was a bit annoying, sure but appropriate and expected. What would you do if you found out your daughter's best friend is the son of a billionaire genius. Just wait until she finds out-

"Well you had quite the weekend? Didn't you?"

"Sure did..." I smiled. I wasn't sure anymore if I should tell her. Tell her that I found my dad this weekend as well, but I would have to explain how we got there as well. "I'm going to unpack my things." I rush out as I head to my room. I panic a bit but overcome it with deep breaths focusing on just unpacking. Mom doesn't have to know now. I'll tell her tomorrow. She's probably still a bit starstruck anyway. Plus I can ask Peter as well, maybe he can come for moral support. Does this mean that MJ and Ned need to know? Should I tell them quite yet?

My head's spinning and that's the one thing I'm sure of at the moment. I just need some sort of consistency right now. To help with these overwhelming feelings. I am still processing it- and by it I mean my Dad. I thought he died alongside my mom. I thought my life was as normal as possible except for the enhancements. Now everything's turning upside down and I don't know how to feel about this. I know people tend to exaggerate and say they're the only ones who feel a certain way or go through certain things but I truly am alone. No one has had to deal with this, have they?

Who has to deal with thinking they have no family left then to have someone show up. Have someone suddenly claim to be family. Learn how you were ripped apart from the one thing that you always wanted. Family. I've had my mom since I can remember but she was constantly working more and more these past few years. It's lonely.

A/N: I admit this is a bit of a filler chapter but thats all I can really say about this chapter. Remember, drink water, take care of yourselves, know you are valid and loved in this world. There is no escaping my love and appreciation for you all! PEACE OUT GIRL SCOUTS! RAY OUT!