[chapter: 4] Emotional Wrecks

I walk out of Tony's lab after a moment and towards the elevator. I remember what Steve had said earlier about FRIDAY, the AI.

"FRIDAY?" I ask meekly.

"Yes Ms. L/n?"

"Can you take me to where I'm staying?"

"Yes, the elevator is heading to your room." Halfway through the ride it stops. A woman walks in, who I know is Black Widow.

"FRIDAY, my room please." She looks at me, "What are you doing without Peter?" She asks.

"He fell asleep, he got a bit freaked out and his dad took him to his room to nap."

"Huh, where are you headed?"

"My room, where I'm staying, I mean."

"Don't worry so much." Her lips turn upright and she lets out a visible breath. "Just curious, I overheard Steve talking to Bucky about the fact you like 40's music, that's an actual thing?"

"Yeah! I have a scarily wide range when it comes to music taste. Classical, alternative, indie, punk, metal. You name it!" Steve and Bucky, Steve is captain america but I can't remember a Bucky from dinner last night.

"Russian lullabies?"

"I haven't heard of that but it sounds lovely," I smile as the elevator stops.

"I like you," She says as I leave. I have my head turned to her as the doors close separating the two of us. I turn my head back towards where I'm walking- turns out I'm walking into another person. Drumroll please.... It's The Scarlet Witch.

"Oh! Sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going Ms.-"

"Wanda, call me Wanda. And it's fine, no one's hurt."

"Okay Wanda-" I was cut off when my stomach grumbled.

"Hungry?" She chuckled softly.

"A little, I'm fine-"

"Nope! Come with me. I'll find you something to eat. Where's Peter by the way?"

"He's in his room, sleeping. He needed a little nap."

"Of course he did, he's a bit of a baby." We entered the common rooms- from what I know- and towards the kitchen. "Sit, sit. Why are you staying this weekend? Peter's never brought you before?"

"My mom had to go on a business trip. None of our friends could have me so Peter offered." She moved around the kitchen quite a bit. In a happy manner. Grabbing something from the fridge along with some kitchenware.

"Here, we had some leftovers from last night," She passed me a plate along with some utensils before sitting across from me with some of her own.

"Thank you."

"We're lucky Tony didn't burn it, he's usually a bad cook." She looked at her food, suspiciously. Almost like she didn't trust it.

"If I had to cook for so many people I would order food every single night, chinese or mexican is my go to."

"We order food occasionally, Natasha or Steve try not to. Being an avenger means staying healthy so they do their best to eat well."

"I try to but I have a sweet tooth," I shrug off, "I work out a bit to make up for it or eat fruits instead. Like plums or apples."

"You do?"

"Well there's Pe, so there's that. But besides that I run every once in a while to let off some steam or go to my friends family owned gym."

"Impressive-"

"I guess." I finish the rest of my food rather quickly. As does she. She takes my plate from me when cleaning her dish. "Everyone here is so nice, and talkative. It's amazing."

"Is it quiet where you live?"

"You could say, yeah. My mom, she's busy, always working on something."

"What about your dad?" I hesitate for a long second.

"I don't have one." I zone out slightly...

Mom adopted me. She didn't want a reltionship to have a child but I wonder where they are, right now? What is he doing, what does he look like? Am I like him or mom? Do I look like my dad or act like him? Do my real parents love -

She hugs me out of nowhere. I tense up. Staying still.

"I know we met yesterday but if you need anything, I'm here to help."

"Huh-how? Oh..." I remember. Mind reading. I lean into her touch and wrap my arms around her torso.Tucking my face near the crook of her neck. I stay silent, but let my face display my feelings vividly. I hear some footsteps behind me.

"She okay?" A quiet whisper voiced out. I could feel her nod her head slowly. I move away and wipe my face with my hands quickly before turning around.

"I'm fine, I'm alright." I don't look at the person and instead start walking away. I head up to the elevator to where I'm staying.

A/N: I'm sorry for the delay, I was suppose to publish this yesterday!