Chapter 3: 𝘍𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴 𝘕𝘦𝘸 𝘓𝘢𝘣

You walked on the trail just as Stanley said too, you were alone though it felt like you weren't alone at all. You kept humming well you walked and finally got to a small wooden shack, it was a dark wood that covered every inch of the house.
You walked to the side to find a door, very few windows but still some. It seemed dark inside like no one was home but you couldn't help to knock.

"Hello? Is anyone home?"

You called out, knocking the door once more, no answer. You shrugged your shoulders and turned back going to head back until you herd the door open, you quickly shift to the door and see the man from earlier, Stanley's brother!

"Oh- um!"

You stutter on your words because you thought no one was home, you try to pull out some words but your mind just keeps looking at him. He starts talking from your absence of words.

"You lost?"

He puts one hand on the doorway, Once again with his small words, he looks like the quiet type. You fix your posture a bit putting one hand on your other scratching it a bit.

"Oh- no I'm actually not, I'm so sorry to intrude but i came here because your bother Stanley told me that this is the Safe way to the forest!"

The man tilts his head and then puts to fingers rubbing his temples. It groaned a bit once you brought up his brother. He took a big sigh and fixed his own posture too.

"Oh well, he's a little bit right, my lab is more safer then these woods. Anything is actually, I'm glad he told you here was safer. I wouldn't want anyone untrained to come in this forest. And no, you're not intruding. I'm actually not busy at all."

He seemed to lighten up a bit. You did too hearing him talk more, you smile at him.

"Actually I don't think we've properly introduced, I'm Y/N Y/L/N, and you?"

"Stanford pines."

He said softly after you introduced yourself. A couple seconds went past without any words as you thought of his brother.

"Stanford and Stanley, huh. Your parents must like the simpler thing heh?"

You giggled a bit, trying to lighten the mood, he took the hint and let out a small chuckle too.

"Oh, I'm sorry, would you like to come in? It's not much and a mess but it's better than standing out here."

He moved aside from the door frame, putting a hand on the doorknob. You nod your head as a yes and slowly walk in, it's dark and he walks out of your way to turn on a light.
There's a table with tons of papers on it and a cup of coffee, there's a coffee maker on the counter and a sink. There's a drawing board with tons of writing and small drawings on it.
On the other side is a window with a bed mattress on the floor and a blanket.
In the front was another table full of experiments and tech with more writing and so. There were some wooden chairs and a mini fridge. This place was definitely a lab, and with the mattress I assumed sometimes he even slept here.

"Woah.."

You said under your breath in amazement on all his work. He nervously twitched at his hands and played with them.

"I'm sorry it's such a mess, I never get anyone up here besides lost tourist and my brother who only comes to tell me that he bought some dinner."

You turn to him confused.

"What do you mean mess? Sure this place is full but it's full of hard work and things I'll never understand. I love this! Your brother said it was lab but I didn't think it was a lab lab, you're extremely talented Stanford!"

You complimented him which made him freeze up, what's with him and compliments? He always acts so surprised. You saw him play with his hands some more, and a slight blush.

"W-what? Thank you but please, I know it's a mess you don't have to lie for me. Do you want some drinks? I have coffee, water and some energy drinks."

You nod your head yes, though you definitely now know that this man probably hasn't been complimented in awhile. It's kinda cute seeing him act up like this but you try not to think about to to much.

"Well I'm not lying Stanford, but yeah, I'll just take a water."

Stanford goes to grab a plastic water bottle from his mini fridge and hands it to you, already cracked open, you thank him and take a long sip, you notice Ford watch you drink very closely, you looked to him confused but he quickly moves his eyes away.

"What's the matter Stanford?"

You question seeing him look like his mind is spinning.

"Oh, nothing. I guess I just haven't had anyone over in awhile. Especially if it's someone new. I'm not that good with people.. also you don't have to call me Stanford all the time. If it's any easier you can just call me Ford, that's what everyone calls me because Stanley has taken the name Stan now."

You listen to him speak, you love his deep voice. His was deeper then Stanleys but not as much scratchy as his brothers.

"Oh okay, Ford."

Ford smiled, as if he liked hearing his name come from your mouth. But once again, you try not think much of it.

"Do you mind if I sit by the lake next to your house?It's  not that I want to leave, I just came here for the view. I really don't want to intrude on you any longer."

You say trying to be considerate. Ford looks up at you and nods his head slightly.

"Oh right, yeah go ahead. I'll be in here if you need me. Don't stay out past dark and be safe."

Ford said lifting hisself up and walking you to the door. You wave your hand and walk behind his house and sit on a rock near the lake, you watch the water stream down. It calmed your nerves. You started to think about Ford, how gentle he was, his voice, his words.
You shake your head trying to not think of him but you couldn't help it.
You feel like you're being watched again and turn over to see the top of Fords head by his window, he moves away from the window and you can no longer see him as you turn back to the water. You look up at the sky and start to see the sun go down. You step up and take your water that Ford gave you and your phone walking back onto the path.
You thought of saying bye to Ford but didn't want to disturb him anymore. You continue to walk back out of the forest, thinking of what Ford said and carefully back to the shack, now it'll be easy to find your car.
You'll need to sleep in your car like normal from the road trip, you pull into an unused parking lot and get ready for bed pulling a blanket up you in the back seat.
You keep thinking of Ford until your phone dings.