Chapter 17: 𝘐𝘮 𝘎𝘭𝘢𝘥 𝘐 𝘊𝘢𝘯 𝘛𝘢𝘭𝘬 𝘛𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶

(Authors note: I've seen some of you liked stan a lot IN A STANFORD X READER FANFIC 💀 but I'll give y'all what you want and some cute Y/N and Stan moments)
(Also sorry for the short chapter & the long wait)

Stan lifted his eyebrow, he shrugged his shoulder and walked over to you with a smile.

"Sure babes, what's up?"

He rested his elbow on the cashier table, leaning onto it as he gave you the floor to speak.

"You know how I came here on a road trip, right?"
You nervously stated. Stan nodded his head still not sure of where this was going.

"Well- I can't stay here forever and I will have to leave eventually.. I brought this up to your brother and he kinda shut me out and left before I could continue.."

You continued to go on, Stan looked down worried, you could tell this was a sensitive topic for everyone. He looked back up at you and took a breath in.

"Yeah, pointdexter is good at shutting people out heh. But I'm sure he didn't mean it like that, if there's one thing I can say for sure about my brother is that he cares so much about you, I guess in that big ass head of his he never really thought of you leaving eventually.. wait you're not leaving today tight?"

Stan put his hand onto yours, as if he was trying to keep you there. You smiled at the touch and put your hand onto the top of his reassuringly.

"No no no, Stan i-i'm not leaving today, I will be here for awhile but my trip can't last forever, that's all. I just wanted to come up solutions on what to even do.."

You sighed, looking out Stans shop window, you knew Stanford wouldn't be back for awhile so for now you just wanted to stay with Stanley.

"Isn't it kind of early for you, Stan?"
Stan shrugged his shoulders.

"Just opening up shop early that's all, i like to be an example for the kids... sometimes."
He gave a small laugh, thought you didn't quite get his joke.

"How about you help around the shop, huh? I'd like to have you here for the day!"

He smiled lifting his arm up to you and giving you a half hug, you gave a little laughter and nodded your head. Hanging out with Stan wouldn't be the worst thing.

A while pasts of you hanging and getting the shop ready, it's now almost 10:00 AM. The kids are up and the shops starting to get some guest.

You were talking to one of the guest who had come from where you lived when Stanley pulls you aside from the shop.

"Hey doll! The kids are hungry and I was wondering if ya' wanted to come with us to eat? I'll be on me of course."

He smiled, you were kinda hungry and plus it's not like you had anything better to do. You agreed and Stanley went to grab the kids. Once Stan had got the kids and was heading out you stopped to ask him a question.

"Stan, whos going to take care of the shop?"
You looked a little concerned until He looked at you silly then yelled over his worker.
"SOOS!"
Soos came running over, looking like he was tried out from that short run from one customer to Stanley.

"Watch the shop well I'm gone, kay'? You're in charge."

Stanley tossed over his hat to Soos, who's eyes lit up and put it on quickly.

"I won't let you down, Mr. Pines!"

Stanley rolled his eyes and shooed you and the kids over to his car, the kids got in the back and you got in the front with Stanley who was driving you guys.
You felt the cars leather door handle when you were inside, it reminded of you the last time you were in his car, when you went bowling together, he even had the same car the first time you hung out, yet you've only seen it and never got in it the first time.
Though Stan did make an offer to take you home.
Mabel was teasing her brother, like regular siblings do and Stanley would just cheer her on.

"I'm assuming we're headed to the diner in the middle of town?"

You questioned with a smile, though you and Stanley have had some awkward moments there. The food was still good, you couldn't deny that part for sure.

"Yeah, is that alright?"

He looked over to you, which you gave him a soft smile and nodded your heads. The kids still arguing in the back.
Once Stan had parked the car in front of the diner you all got out one by one, you behind the last to get out of the car but Stanley walked over to your side to open the door for you, he gave you his hand and you took his hand to get out.
His hands were hard and cold like his brothers hand, but his had more scarring on it. It was as if he had something explode on them. He didn't let go of your hand as you got out of the car, choosing to keep your hand, you gave it a small squeeze which made Stanley quickly realize that he was still holding it and let go. You made a small giggle to him but he just rolled his eyes, you could tell he was a little embarrassed.
Stanley ran up to the kids to open the door for them, it was like he was showing off how much of a gentleman he was, which seemed unusual since he's not like this at all.
Before you got into the diner you saw that cat again, the one from a few nights back with Stanford. Or you thought it was the same black cat. Stanley called you over.

"Ya' coming, Y/N?"

"Y-yeah!"

You speed walked to the door which Stanley had been holding open for you.

"Thank you!"

You quickly thanked him as you got inside with the kids, Mabel poked at your legs and pointed to the giant ice cream Sunday on the counter.

"I see someone picked out dessert."

You joked, her brother, Dipper, rolling his eyes, he would then lecture her on eating sugar for breakfast.
They were truly the perfect family.