Chapter 16: 𝘓𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘥

"Ford, we need to talk.."
Your head leaned onto his, which was resting on your shoulder, you felt his grip tighten just a little bit.

"I know we haven't really discussed this but.. I cant stay here forever. I came here on a trip to explore and go out on my own, when I thought of coming to discover, I never thought I would discover someone like you.."

You tried to say this in the best way possible, it's not like you wanted to leave, if you could just stay like this, in his arms forever. That would be so nice..

"Y/N- I-"

Before Stanford could say anything there was a knock on a door, Ford let go of your waist and walked over to see who it was, Ford checked the peep hole and saw Stanley Standing in front of the door scratching the back of his neck.
He opened the door with a groan, seeing his brother wearing a white wife beater and some sleep pants, he looked a bit nervous.

"Sixer, just herd some screaming and wanted to check if everything's alrig-"

He stopped for a moment noticing that his brother was shirtless and you, who was watching in the back, was wearing only your undergarments and Fords jacket covering you up.
He immediately blushed up and looked away trying to not make eye contact.

"I see- this is a bad time huh? I'll just come back later since I see everyone's alright heh-"

He stuttered a bit trying to sound cool but actually he just sounded really awkward. You blushed a little too, trying to use Fords jacket to keep your body covered.

"No- no Stanley. It's fine, it's not a bad time. I just spooked Y/N outside on accident.. did we- wake the kids?"

Ford looked to see if the lights were on in the attic, which thankfully were still off. Stanley shook his head.

"Oh no no, those kids can sleep through anything. Just wanted to make sure about you guys since I was already up."

Stanley joked, his brother lifted an eyebrow seeming as his brother would sleep in until 3 if the shack was closed for the day, he had got to be one of the most laziest people Ford has ever met.

"You, Awake? What time did you even sleep at?"

Ford rolled his eyes, hardly believing his brother.
Stanley tilted his head, looking a bit confused on his brothers question.

"I never said I slept?"

When Stan said this you tried to keep on your laughter and had to cover your mouth with Fords jacket. Ford put his hand over his face from how much of an idiot his brother was.

"As long as your both okay I'll get back to the shack, I'll probably set up for the day now. You two uh- stay safe!"

He waved goodbye and Ford closed the door on him, once his brother had left to was just you two again, the silence was unbearable.

"Ford?"

You questioned, scratching your right arm and trying to break the silence between you two.
Ford looked down and quickly tried to come up with something to avoid the talk. He walked over to you and gave you a soft loving kiss, you placed your hand on his cheek and he did the same. He let go and started to get ready for the day, putting on his sweater and his Belt, still not saying a word. This was your sign to get ready too, you had already brought your clothes into Fords lab since it was kinda your room now.
You put on (your choice of casual clothing! <3) and fixed up your hair for the day.

"Ford?"

You questioned him again, after all the silence had come back again since you were both finished getting dressed. Ford got up and grabbed and bag, heading for the door.

"I'm going into the woods today, just to research a few things, I be back before Lunch."

He turned to see you looking worried, he walked back over to you, giving you a hug and a kiss on the cheek, which made you smile.

"I promise we can talk when I'm back.."

You nodded your head to his words before he left, he shut the door and you sat on the couch again, you took a long breath before decided what you wanted to do today.
You got out of the lab and walked towards the old trusty Mystery Shack. Now that's what'll keep you busy in the meantime. Before you could even open the door it was opened for you, a kind man stood in the doorway, oh you remembered this one! His name was Soos.

"Good morning Soos!"

You smiled to him, he was very kind, thought it was quite unusual that he was working this early. You stepped inside and checked around the shop, no one but Soos seemed to be there. You looked around the weird statues that he would have scattered around the room.

"Yep, this sure is the mystery shack, alright."

You joked sarcastically, Soos gave a small chuckle too and went back to stocking some of the items in the store.

"See something you like, doll?"

You herd a raspy voice call from the end of the room, it was Stanley but this time he was much better dressed then usual, in a full suit with a cap with a symbol on it, like the one he was wearing when he would work, which makes sense since this is his shop. He was leaning on the side of a doorway and looking at you.

"Stanley! Good morning, I don't mean to bother but I have nothing really better to do than come here.."

"Oh trust me, you're far from a bother. And what do you mean nothing better? This is the most entertaining place in all of Gravity falls! Don't take it for granted babe."

You rolled your eyes to his name calling, guess even after saying he wouldn't try to get with you anymore with the whole you in love with his brother thing he still talks to you like this, maybe he's just like this with everyone.

"Heh, yeah, it's cute, trust me I like it, but I actually do have a reason to come here, I came to talk about something.. do you have a moment?"