Chapter 9: 𝘓𝘢𝘣 𝘓𝘪𝘧𝘦

You yawned, stretching out your arms, you tilted your head to the right looking to see Stanford but he wasn't there, you were in a ball of pillows and Blankets alone on the couch.

"Hmm?"

You groan under your breath from just awakening. You soon sniff out the smell of eggs and bacon. The sizzle calls out to you as you get off of the couch and turn to the small oven tucked inside to fords lab. Just a fire heated stove with an oven below. Must come in handy for a scientist who never leaves.
And standing next to the stove, casually watching over the food was Stanford.
You rub your hands over your eyes and take a long Sigh, the fresh air coming from the open window gave you a boost to get up.

You turn to the stove looking to Stanford once again, smiling at how cute he looked.
He soon felt your gaze apon him as he looked back to the couch to see you standing up and awake.

"O-oh, good morning Y/N! I started some breakfast for the two of us well you were still sleeping."

He smiled back to you, you walked over to him and placed your head on his shoulder lightly, feeling his warmth. He tilted his head onto yours.
For a few seconds you both stood there together,  it felt like heaven well you two were in contact.

"I see you slept well, huh?"

Stanford jokes, you look up at him with a nod. You saw he cleaned up the place too well you were sleeping, 'god how long was I asleep' you start to think. Seeing this messy man clean up his lab and all his papers cleared from a table just to have a breakfast with you.

"The place looks nice Ford."

You calmly note to him. He smiles seeing how you noticed the slight changes to the lab.

"Yeah, I cleaned up the place early in the morning. I tried my best not to wake you."

Ford nervously said, now looking over to his pans to the food to flip the bacons side and to scramble the eggs some more.
A couple minutes pass of some chattering between you too but now the table is plated with his food and ready to have breakfast.
You eat fast, but not like you were in a rush to get out. The lab was such a calming place for you to be in.
Once finished with your cleared plate, you thank Stanford and clean the dishes yourself, it's the best you could do for such a warm welcome he has had for you.

"You really didn't have to clean those ,you know, Y/N?"

Ford said placing a hand on your shoulder, but you knew you couldn't just sit and do nothing after all he's done for you.

"I should probably talk to Stanley too huh? Last night was rough for everyone.."

You say having the past events come to head. Stanley might still be mad at you. Ford looks down as if he were thinking it was his fault.

"Oh yeah, my brother. He's probably still upset about what happened. But you don't have to apologize, if anything he should be the one to."

Ford pleads to you, you can now tell the situation stressed him out a little.

"Stanley doesn't seem the type to apologize, I think you would know that the best, ford."

Ford sighs, agreeing with you.
You turn your head to the door, ford takes his hands and wraps them around your waist softly. He was very gentle.
He pulled you into him slowly, trying not to startle you.

"Don't leave just yet."

He whispered under his breath to you, he seemed to be upset. Maybe afraid?

"Ford, what's the matter?"

You say feeling into his grasp. Once again the warmth from his body as he holds you from behind.

"My brothers probably busy with work now, wouldn't want to interrupt him. He try's to keep a smile on around the shack, even when he's mad at me."

Ford states calmly, starting to let go of you.

"Your busy too though, aren't you? I don't want to intrude on your studying."

You think, the twins are always so busy. But ford hasn't worked as much as you've been told since you've came.

"I suppose I do have work, what about going into town until the shack is closed? Then talking to Stanley will be less... difficult."

Ford tried to keep himself steady and not to blush as his grip onto you loosened and soon to have no hold on you at all.

You turned around to now see ford face to face, you saw the look of worry on him. He must really not want you talking to Stanley until later.
You put one hand onto his cheek as he leans into the touch.

"Okay, I'll go into town. Try to lay low near the shack but if you need me just call me okay?"

You say leaning closer to him, he started to look flustered.

"Oh I- I don't have your phone number just yet."

Ford mummers quietly, messing with his hands a bit. You giggle as you pull out your phone.

"Here, put your number in so I can contact you."

He smiles and takes your phone. You watch as his thumbs bounce on the keyboard. Once he was done he handed you the phone back.

"There, I added the name too so now you know it's me."

Ford smiled, you nodded your head and moved a bit closer to him placing one hand on his cheek and pressing your lips onto his cheek gently now letting go and waving goodbye before leaving. You saw ford blush up as you left completely speechless.