Chapter 12: 𝘒𝘪𝘥𝘴?

You and Ford both turn over to look at the door, both of you hearing the same small footprints as they get closer to the door, you turn to him and he turns to you. you hear a tiny jump as the handle turns. You step behind Ford expecting the worst to come.
Ford glares at the door, he can feel how worried you were and knew he was probably going to get into a fight again.
The door slowly moved open, you looked to the door but saw nothing. Just clear forest and some sky in the distance. You lifted an eyebrow but herd a small gasp come from the door, you looked down and saw..
Two kids?!

Ford had a much bigger reaction, he had another gasp and got down onto his knees letting both kids run into him to a big hug.
"Dipper my boy! And little Mable, wow! I missed you  two so much!"
He happily yelled, squeezing them tightly. You could hear the girl squeak from the tight hold.
You've never seen such a big smile on Ford face.
"Great uncle Ford! You're suffocating us!"
The boy yelled out, Ford let out a giggle loosening his grip onto the two children.

"Oh wow, I wasn't even expecting you. It's not summer though? Right?"
He looked confused, like he didn't even know the month. He's probably been in his little lab for so long he didn't bother to see the time.

"No grunkle Ford! It's spring break! And me and dipper got our parents to let us come here for 3 days!"
The little girl yelled out, giggling a bit after.

"Oh isn't that swell! Well I don't have much plans, so you two can decide what you wanna do! Have you talked to Stanley yet?"

You flinched a bit, realizing where you were, you must have been day dreaming. Seeing Ford with the children made you think of.. things. It was adorable non the less.
The kids shook their heads simoatainisly Ford let out a sigh, turning to the door to go walk them over to the shack.
One of the kids, the girl, tugged at Stanford's jacket and pointed to you, her eyes filled with sparkles inside them.
"Who. Is. That! Is she your girlfriend?!"
The little girl yelled out, with a smile so wide you could barley see the rest of her face. The boy just gave you a strange look. He was definitely curious about who you were though.

"Oh hello! I'm Y/N L/N! I'm just here visiting like you two, but it's my first time here! I was just hanging out with your uh- grunkle?"
You looked to Ford in confusion, as you had never herd that word used like that before. It was still cool. Got you wondering about his age though. Never mind that.

"I'm Mabel! This is my bro bro dipper and you know my grunkle Ford! And he's single! Please date him."
She whispered on that last part but you could definitely tell what she said. Ford blushed up, looking away to avoid any eye contact.
Dipped still looked unsure of you. But you knew how to make a kid happy.
You smiled to the two of them. Ford smiled back to you, seeing how well you interacted with the kids.

"Alright, let's get you to your Grunkle! Up up up!"

Ford smiled pushing the kids out, they all laughed as he did so, you could hear them getting some words out as they laughed like "I love the lab you made for yourself!" And "she's so pretty! You should date her!" You could obviously tell which one was which. He turned around just before leaving to see if you were coming, he lifted an eyebrow. You smiled back to him nodding your head. You got up and started walking out with the three of them.

You walked out of the lab, listening to the stories of the children, which they had many to share. Until you all got to the front of the mystery shack.
You fidgeted with your fingers as they walked through the doors, no one was in there so you just assumed that it was closed for now. Stan was in his chair watching TV.

"Eh? The shacks closed, go home!"
He yelled from his seat, not even thinking about looking to see who it was. The two kids went running up to him, giving him a huge hug yelling and laughing with him.
"What! Dipper? Mable!"
He laughed grabbing onto them. You looked away. Ford noticed your uneasiness, he patted you on the back with a smile.
Stan got of his chair, holding back the kids as they looked like they were acting that poor man. You and him caught eye contact, you looked down but Ford just glared at him.

"Kids, how about you and Ford go check out the new movie theater they added in eh? You can get popcorn! Ford pays."

The kids yelled happily. You turned to Ford who seemed to be okay with the idea. But noticed how he didn't say anything about you and Stan going.

"I'll go get some tickets with the kids now, if you wanna make it in time. you two are coming, right?"
Ford asked, also seeming a bit concerned about Stan not bringing up your names.

"Of course! Just give us a moment!"
Stan asked, seeming to joyful to have Ford question him now. Ford nodded and left with the kids along side him, you were sure they would talk more about you and him when they left.
But now, it was just you and Stanley.
You could feel his stare on you as you turned to face back to him, standing over you.
You felt uneasy again. Being alone with him like this. Especially about what happens last time you two were alone.

"Hey doll, sorry I had to rush them out like that. But we need to talk."