40. Observations

Carmen's POV 

The ride to the meeting venue was just plain quiet and awkward. I desperately wanted to whip out my phone and look through my messages but wouldn't that be just plain rude to him??? 

I kept fidgeting with my fingers as I got lost in unecessary thoughts. 

"Ms Castro." 

I spun my head around. 

"Y-yes?"

"Are you somewhat, nervous?" He asked gently. 

"Me? No, of course not." I tried to brush it off as quickly as I could. 

"Hm, alright then. We're reaching soon, so i'll tell you what you have to do once you get there." He explained. 

I slowly nodded my head in response. 

.

.

.

At the venue...

We went to the highest floor of the hotel where the elevator was the already the entrance to this huge ass room that covered the entire floor. 

"The deal today is with Mr French Fries, the CEO of White Corporations. He's known to be very cunning and likes to bargain. Be on high alert in the case that he starts to target you. While the conversation's going on, take down the important details he says as well. And most importantly.." He dragged his last sentence. 

Gosh his name is just hilarious every time I hear it. I seriously had to hold in my breath just to refrain from laughing. 

"Yes?" 

He looked at me dead in the eyes, as if whatever he was about to say, even the slightest disobedience would mean immediate death. 

"Don't speak a single word." 

His words dominated over me and I could only gulp and nod. 

We reached the top floor and i walked behind him, carefully observing my surroundings. 

It wasn't the first time I had went undercover for an assassination job. They would always warn me not to be swayed, not to be distracted, and not to be influenced by anything or anyone. And that my job was just to kill my target and leave undetected, without a single trace left behind- that's it. 

Throughout the years, I had perfected my many ways of escaping and it had never proved to be a problem. And today, even though I was not gonna be doing so, it'd be good to visualize the entire scenario: in an attack, what's the best possible way to escape. 

The entire area were surrounded by bodyguards. Jesus, 40 bodyguards just for a simple meeting? Too extreme don't you think, Mr Fries?

My eyes aimed for the guy in a suit, siting in the middle of the couch. He had that stupid smirk on his lips that reflected pride and ego on his personality. I shivered in disgust. 

Julios kept his cool and sat down opposite of him, crossing his leg and leaning back casually. 

"Mr French Fries." He greeted. 

"Mr Black. It's such an honor to be able to meet you in person. What a rare chance that I had right?" He smiled in a devilish way. 

"Is it? I have to say I meet many people in one day. And this meeting is just one of 'em. So please spare me the flatter." 

"So uptight as always haha. And who do you have here with you today? A new assistant?" He fixed his eyes on me. God it looked like he was undressing me with his eyes. 

I bowed slightly, but remained silent, remembering what Julios had said earlier. 

I saw that french fries guy raise an eyebrow at me, probably wondering why I didn't state my name. 

"Kleo's doing fine thank you for asking. She's my new secretary, Ms Castro." Julios cut in. 

"Ahhh new secretary. Isn't this probably your 5th of something?" 

"I request you refrain from bugging inside my private matters. Shall we start on the proposal?" 

"Yes yes I guess we shall." He shrugged his shoulders. 

.

.

.

The meeting continued on for 3 whole long hours. Throughout the whole discussion, all I could hear was Mr Fries trying to get Julios to have leniency. For example, the original goods were meant to ship to Russia first. However he had requested a second round of goods to be shipped in fear that the first shipment "could not reach on time". Frankly speaking, if Julios had agreed, there was no guarantee that the second shipment would even arrive at Russia, because the port belonged to White Corporations, and they could use the goods for themselves, while claiming it was "lost at sea".

This bargain could be understood by any other businessmen, but the way Mr Fries had rephrased it, was almost unnoticeable. If we had misheard a single word he had said, he could easily turn it into an advantage for himself and change the contract. And if I had been the one signing the contract, I could've actually be caught in his trap and fall for his words. But Julios? God he never let a single word mislead him. He was very firm and deadass on that contract that was finalized a few weeks ago. 

He refused every single "offer" Mr Fries suggested and fixed his statement on the contract. I was honestly impressed as I kept listening to their conversation. 

I looked around the bodyguards and they were literally like statues, not moving a single inch. Gosh do you people not even sneeze every once in awhile??? 

And they have been standing for a whole 3 fucking hours?! Don't y'all have to pee or shit?? 

They made no movement and no mini conversation either. Looks like they aren't planning anything suspicious. 

"Ms Castro, Ms Castro." 

I heard my name. 

"H-huh?" I responded. 

"Oh so you do speak. I hadn't hear you mumble a single word since this started." Mr Fries smiled.

"A-ah, sorry.." I mumbled. 

Just then, i felt someone's hand crawling up my thigh, rubbing it up and down. 

Its hand was very warm and big. It gave a little squeeze, as if telling me he was unhappy. 

With all my might, I spun my head towards the person next to me in horror. 

J-Julios...?