41. Confusion

J-julios...? What was he doing?

His grip didn't loosened even after a good 10 seconds. I don't think he has any attention of letting go either...ugh what should I do..

I made no movement to return his gesture and just simply accepted his actions. He probably thought I was alright with this, and started trying to pry open my fist so that we could intertwine our hands.

Keep calm Carmen, keep calm. You have to do this. You have to do this. Keeeeeeeeeeep calm Carmen Santini. Remember, it's for them.

I let out a soft sigh, barely for anyone to hear, and reluctantly loosened my fist and welcomed his hand.

We locked hands with each other as he continued talking to Mr Fries.

Even though his hand perfectly wrapped around mine, as if protecting my hand, it still didn't feel the same when Brian held my hand for the first time.

I remember that day so clearly as we both knew we felt sparkles when he locked hands. The only difference was he was brave enough to admit his feelings after that, whereas I, just tried to neglect it. Brian's hand on mine has a feeling and sense of home inside. Every time we were together, it always felt like we were the only ones in the world, with no disturbance. He would hug me from behind and rest his chin on my shoulder, intertwining our fingers together as we cuddled for a movie marathon. It was the little things he had done to make me happy everyday, and I really miss that...

How I wish I could see him again...

Just as i was busy thinking about Brian and my imaginary romance date, under the table, I suddenly felt somethin crawling up my leg. I shivered in disgust.

I wanted to look down the table and prepare to scream that a spider's crawling up my leg. I mean, it's a high ass class hotel, insects should not be here. I braced myself to see that huge scary hairy spider playing hide-and-seek with me, but as i peeked down...holyyyyyy shitt i wanna pass out !!!! Gimme the spider instead jesus !

Ronald MacDonald's boot was moving up and down my leg!!

What the fuck is this dude doing?!!!!

Julios's POV

I could tell throughout the entire meeting Mr Fries had been eyeing at Elena. (rmbr Carmen's using a fake name, and her first name is Elena :P)

He was most certainly curious as to why she spoke 0 to none words to him or anyone. Truth is, this guy's a cunning man, who's always aiming for ways to steal my position. If I'm being honest. there is no bloody way I could stand being in the same room as him. But life sucks and he is still one of the world's most largest investors, so I had no choice.

For the past many secretaries I had, they had always came to these meetings with me, and as soon as they met someone who has higher authority and pay, I would literally see them fucking in a spare meeting room a few hours later.

And if people can guess, that was what I expected from Ms Castro. But something told me she wouldn't be fazed by his status and wealth.

And congratulations, you exceeded my expectations.

.

.

.

As we proceeded with the meeting, I couldn't help but get annoyed with how Mr Fries was constantly staring at Ms Castro. It felt as if he was testing my patience.

He triggered my subconscious as he spoke her name.

"Ms Castro, Ms Castro."

"H-huh?" She stuttered, as if thinking of something else at the moment.

"Oh so you do speak. I hadn't hear you mumble a single word since this started." He smiled at her.

"A-ah, sorry.." She looked down slightly, staring at her thighs, clenching her fists in embarrassment.

...

Her thighs..

Without me knowing, my hand started to journey through her lower thigh to her upper. Slowly, reaching her fist and trying to pry it open.

I didn't know what came over me.. I just didn't like the way he started looking at her, it felt so...infuriating.

My senses only came back when she returned my gestures. She reached out and held my hand in hers. I suddenly felt a nerve in my system cooling down and a sense of relaxation washed over me. And then, I felt calm once again.

It all happened in an instance, but it really felt like time ticked by very slowly, as if trying to embrace every second of what she was doing, knowing that exact feeling won't happen again.

My heart sank as i thought this would be the first and last.

And I-

Wait.

Julios.

Hold up.

Wait.

What.

The actual fuck are you talking about now?

She's your secretary. A goddam secretary! Relationships are forbidden!!! Wait- we're not in a relationship!!! I- gahhhh

My mind started to be in a mess and i found myself just nodding my head at whatever that fries guy is saying. Gosh what the hell was i thinking...

My entire being wanted to quickly let go of her hand and try to forget it. But it seems my heart overpowers my entire being. One word from her, my heart gives in.

...

Alright Julios, that's it.

After today's agenda, you are going drinking.

A/n Hi y'all!!!! Sherri here :) so um, sorry for the short chapter and very slow updates recently haha.. I have been stressing over my studies lately and haven't found the time to write. But ofc, I'll still try to update at least once per week :) BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT OF THIS RN.

Soooo Ive been wanting to change this story's book cover for quite some time, but I haven't been able to find good covers online. If any of y'all know any accounts which offers good book covers for authors, or wld like to design one for this story 👀👀 hit me up on my dms!! Or if any of y'all have ideas for a new book cover, like a dark mystic theme, or a romantic couple sitting together smth like that, STILL hit me up on my dms haha. Pls know that I am open to any suggestions, thankuuuu !!

Btw I hope y'all have been voting for my story ;))) hahah, but most importantly, I do hope y'all r enjoying the story so far, as much as I enjoy writing it ❤️