51. Story

Carmen's POV 

"You helped that old lady?" 

"Yea. I helped her set up some neon lights around her signboard. And helped her create a webpage and "logged into" systems to schedule her an appointment for furniture, cleaning and tech work. All in 3 days." He smirked. 

"Jeez, "logged into" you say?" I chuckled. 

"C'mon love, that was the best i could do in 3 days." He pouted. 

I looked up at the sky and wondered. "Bet 'cha could have done it in 2 days." I smirked. 

"Is that a challenge?" He leaned closer and cupped my face with his palm. 

"Me? Challenge you? Please, bring it on." I whispered in his ear. 

"That's the hot ass girl i love." he whispered to himself, not loud enough for me to hear. 

He removed his hand away but i quickly grabbed it once again, and pulled him into a kiss. He was stunned at first , but responded back shortly after. 

We cuddled for a little longer and before we realized the sun was starting to rise. 

"Hey love.." Brian mumbled. 

"Yea?"

"You know they have been watching right?" 

"Of course. About an hour now. But who cares, let them watch. I just wanna stay here a little longer." Our hands still intertwined with each other.

Brian lifted our hands and he gave a light kiss to my hand. 

"I love you." 

"Well that's really straightforward." I chuckled.

"Cmon, say it back." He pouted. 

"I love you too Garcia." I gave a tight squeeze. 

"Now, shall we make a quick start?" He began letting go of my hand. 

I gave a huge stretch and jumped up to my feet. "Let's go." 

With that, we both ran to the opposite direction. Brian headed straight into the forest while i ran back to the city. 

For about an hour, we had been discovered by guards. I'm not sure who is responsible, but they are definitely not well trained. With their heavy footsteps running and the vibration we felt from the ground, it wasn't difficult to know we had been surrounded. 

We also didn't know who they were after. Could be me. Could be him. Could be us

Either way, we had to make an escape. If either one of us gets caught, it might be game over. Brian knew this might happen if he came out to see me, he knew. But he risked it all. And i wasn't going to let his risk go to waste. 

I pulled out my knife tucked underneath my leggings and went close combat with all the  guards using their guns. I am an assassin, don't forget that. 

My distraction got the better of me, as if i haven't killed someone in a long while, I was taken aback when someone has managed to shoot a bullet right in my stomach.

The sudden impact made me lose focus for a just a slight second, but it was enough for them to tie me down. They were afraid. I could see it in their eyes. The eyes of fear, and terror in front of me.

I hissed as someone's shaky hands pinned me to the ground.

I used my legs that were still free to go push my body back up, but before I knew it, someone shot me once again.

"Ugh!" I groaned.

The pain became familiar once again. I heard quiet footsteps and the sound of someone loading a gun. The guards have already surrounded me, and pointed their gun at me, ready to fire at anytime. Heh, they must probably really wanted to pull that trigger.

"Enough, step down. I got it from here." I heard an unfamiliar voice. His voice screamed dominance. But not as much as Julios.

"Who are you." I spoke, ignoring the pain.

He didn't respond back, instead using his foot to add pressure on my wounded stomach.

I bit on my lips to avoid screaming, they were never going to see me vulnerable. I won't allow it.

"I have heard many great things about you, Carmen Santini. Unfortunately, it seems that you have weakened. Is this the outcome of finding romance?" He mocked.

"Don't mention him, you bastard." I hissed. Beads of sweat were already streaming down my face.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Well, he can't run far. I mean, if he knew his little princess has been captured..?" He smirked.

I cursed at myself inside my head. When I first saw his files, Brain Garcia had no weakness.

But ..

That was only before we met.

He's in danger. Brian is in danger.