14. Weakness

Brian's POV

As she continued ranting about me. I couldn't even concentrate half of what she was saying. This was the closest we've probably have ever been for more than 5 seconds. 

My eyes couldn't help but stare at her lips. 

And i started to wonder what her lips tasted like. The way she talked suddenly seemed so sexy. Even in the dim light, i saw her pink her lips were. 

My eyes were drawn to it and before i knew it, i kissed her passionately. 

As i thought, her lips were so soft. And it tasted like strawberries. I wanted to kiss her longer but she suddenly pushed me away and slapped me hard. 

"Idiot."

She reached for the handle once again but i grabbed her and forcely smashed my lips on hers again. 

She tried to wriggle her way out but i held her hands tight.

She couldn't get out, she should know i was many times stronger than her. But her efforts were so adorable.

She soon relaxed a little and returned my kiss but let go.

"Let me go Garcia." She glared at me. 

"I won't. You're something else Santini. I've never felt a sense of possessiveness anymore. Every time someone talked about how you strong you were and they should stay away, I was so damn proud. But as soon as someone talked shit about you, i wanted to punch the life out of them. And everytime i convinced myself that you have to be out of my life, you come back like a hurricane and make me fall for you all over again."

"Fall..?"

"Santini, you are special. Many top assassins have been assigned to kill me. You're not the first. But they were cowards and after one strike they gave up. And i would just laugh it off and wait for the next one. But you? Oh you were persistent. And to the point i thought you gave up, i was so pissed."

"Don't flatter me Garcia. You're a difficult target." 

"Yet you never gave up."

"I gave up." She looked down.

I gritted my teeth and let her go. 

"The football tryouts. Come." I told her before leaving the closet. 

Carmen's POV

After he left the closet, i sat down and hugged my knees tight. Since when was in such a vulnerable state. 

What is happening to me? I've never been so emotional. And i don't even know why!

And that kiss, it felt like sparks flew. I almost melted.

I never knew his lips were so gentle. God what is he doing to me? 

I'm supposed to stay away from him. He's a psycho, a lunatic, a curse. 

Don't ever forget that Santini...

Brian's POV

Throughout the rest of the day she has been on my mind frequently. I wonder what she feels, is she gonna come to the tryouts? Does she still hate me? 

.

.

.

Of course after school, I looked every second to see if she was sitting at the benches. I waited and waited but..she never came. 

I was angry, and went full out during the game, and won in an instant. I didn't care if all the girls were squealing my name, all i cared was her. But she never came. 

I sighed and just went to the boys' locker room to change. But as i went in, i was greeted by the presence of Santini.

"What are you doing in here? You realise this is the boys' room right? How did you even get in?" 

"I could ask you the same thing for our girls' dorm."

"Funny Santini. What are you doing here?"

"Firstly, I came to congratulate you on your game." 

She was watching?

"Thanks i guess?"

"Second, i need to speak with you about something." 

"Go ahead, I'm listening."

"Look, that night, I have to be honest, i was scared. Because i never knew how crazy you could be. But I know it was for a cause. I'm sorry for how i reacted that night." She apologised.

I was honestly quite stunned for a moment. 

"But it's not healthy. This mindset of yours, can really kill you one day."

"Are you caring for me right now Santini."

"Don't get the wrong idea. But i want you to answer one question for me."

"Yea?"

"What do you want from me Garcia."

What do I want? 

"I was afraid I would hurt you. I wanted you to stay away from me, i didn't want you to get hurt or frightened by me. But i realise that's impossible. Because i want your attention, I crave for it. The way you would consistently try to kill me every day, was honestly a main reason why i would be willing to even attend that crappy school."

"Who likes trying to be killed every day."

"Me."

"Psycho."

"Yea i know that very well. I'm mad, that's why i wanted you to stay away from me. But i realise i didn't want that. I wanted you to use your every means to kill me. I wanted to see you try every day. I wanted you to not give up on your assassination." 

"You're not good for me Garcia. You don't belong in my life. We belong in different worlds." 

"Why can't we create a new one together?"

"It would be utter chaos. A killer for the good, and a killer for the fun." She chuckled. 

"Are you sure you kill for the good?" I questioned her. 

"Yea?"

"Because i think you kill for the pain. Like that little boy."

Her eyes started to darkened.

"He's your greatest mistake. The reason for your downfall, am i not wrong?"

"He was a kid..how could you tell me to kill a kid."

"He was a murderer, kid or not. That was also when you realized your only weakness as an assassin."

She kept her mouth shut, unable to utter a word.

"And that was also why you couldn't pull the trigger at me right?"

"Shut up.."

"Santini, your biggest weakness, was having a heart. "