52. Realization

Carmen's POV 

I was probably blindfolded considering I could see no shit. The only sound i could hear was the dripping of water at the far end of my right. I couldn't hear any footsteps, any chattering, any words. 

Was I really alone though? 

It was a good approximate 10 minutes of my knees crying in pain from kneeling so long that I could finally catch someone walking footsteps. 

I sharpened my instincts immediately. 

"Well well well, look what we have here. If the underground had known we had captured you, i wonder what they would do." that voice said. It was no doubt, the same person who i last saw at the forest.

"What do you want?" 

"Me? Nothing. I was just following orders." 

"From who." 

"Welllll, it's someone you know. Uhhhhh, it's someone you probably dislike. Hmmm, it's someone you shouldn't have messed with." 

"Stop playing games jeez. Where's your boss."

"Oh, he'll be down in a sec. He's busy dealing with your boyfriend."

My ears perked up when he said that. Brian? What's happening to him? Where is he? Is he okay? What are they doing to him? Is he in danger? Don't hurt him! 

"WHERE IS HE?!" I yelled. "Don't hurt him! I swear to motherfking jesus if you fking do, I will slit each of your throats one by one and make sure you have a painful death you fking bastard!" I lifted my knees up.

"Now now, don't go all fiesty on me." He used his knees to hit me in the jaw. 

I gritted my teeth in anger. 

Julios' POV 

I was already there, when my right hand man Diego went down to see her.

I stood behind the wall as I heard her shouting at him.  I listened as she expressed her worriedness for that boy. I watched as she got punched. 

Was she really the same girl as who I know at the office? That smart, hot-headed, confident girl? 

Heh, who am I kidding. She was exactly the same. 

She screamed fear and confidence in her eyes. She knew what she wanted, and she works till she gets it. She never lets anybody trample down on her, she fights what she wants and believed in to her death. She doesn't let anyone protect her, she protects herself. 

She...is one of a kind. 

That personality of hers at the office, was probably one of her many characters. It could have been when she dared to talk back to Mr Ronald Macdonalds, it could have been during the interview, it could even have been the first day of work, did I start to realize you don't see this type of girl in your everyday life. 

I wanted to get to know her. I wanted to know her past, that can make her so head-strong till now. I wanted to know what was her motive in life. 

But I guess...that was where I had unconsciously destroyed what little friendship we had. That day I asked Diego to check her background history. 

Her background history had no information about her whatsoever. That was I knew, something was already wrong. A normal person, using normal hacking, we could already log into his/her background information. 

When hers came up empty, that was already the first sign. And my second mistake, was probably asking him to dig up further. 

It took a good couple of days for them to finally extract the one information out. She was a highly wanted assassin in the underground.

It was enough for me to know since she was able to catch the attention of the underground and there was only one female in the entire state that could possibly hide her tracks so well. Under the protection of the Blood Dragon gang, Carlos Santini, she was by far the best assassin people could hire. Even the best male assassin couldn't compare to her. 

Her work was flawless, leaving no traces behind. None of her assassinations have failed, and the police have never been able to catch her. She plans where that bullet would land on the target, depending on how much deed he had done. If the target was a mafia boss or something, she would kill him in the most painful way possible. If the target was a mere robber, she would kill him swiftly and silently. 

There had been rumors that she had actually failed one a single job. However, that rumor was supposedly cleared up by Carlos Santini himself in a matter of days. 

That's why when I knew she was the Carmen Santini, I was left dumbstruck. 

She may have left her days of assassination behind, but she was still a dangerous criminal. And her intruding into Black Corporations, despite her probably knowing who I truly was, most likely meant something. 

At that point, I only had 2 options. Fire her or expose her. I am still the boss of Black Corporations and a heavy influence in the black market, hence many people would disagree if I kept her beside me. That would ruin my reputation as boss, as well as my influence on my men. 

I couldn't bring myself to fire her as well, i mean, she was such an excellent employee. 

Haha, that was probably a lie. An excuse to be exact.. 

I still remember I had told her i knew. And when I mentioned about her weakness, that was when my heart sunk down. Because I knew she had cried. 

As those thoughts came rushing back to me, I heard her yell another curse word at Diego. I knew I had to go. I knew I had to stop her. I knew I had to walk up and talk to her. AFter all, you were an enemy who crossed my territory and a danger to my people. But..how can I? 

Ms Santini....how can I face you when...I realized I loved you?