55. ♡

Fast forward

"You'll be sure to regret this Carmen Santini." Carlos threatened as he breathed heavily.

Surrounding us were all of his men shot and killed on the ground, blood spilling everywhere. Brian wasn't with me, he was outside guarding the room. And here I was, a gun pointing directly at his skull. To be honest, I was slightly hesitating considering he did raise me to be so strong. But it didn't mean I was to forgive him for all the pain I had to go through. I was just a little girl for god's sake.

"Yeah yeah." I responded before shooting a bullet right in between his head.

There.

It was done.

One shot. Killed. He's dead.

All I could do was heave a sigh of relief. I mean, it was the Carlos Santini that I just killed.

"Babe!" I shouted.

Brian peaked out of the door to see me walking towards him.

"Well done love." He applauded.

"Don't be so sarcastic, c'mon we have to leave before the police get here." I rolled my eyes as I pushed past him.

.

.

.

Few months later

It has been a few months since the death of Carlos was announced to the entire underground. A powerful man had just left his seat and many other leaders have been trying to obtain it by capturing, torturing, or invading other mafia groups. You can say that currently, it's very hectic. But honestly, it's no longer my business to care.

Somehow or another, Brian and I have been "recruited" to join the government. It is now clear that Mexico was losing the war between major countries. In exchange for joining them, our criminal records would be entirely erased and we would have the protection of the government if any of us were to be threatened or whatsoever.

Both of us had decided to accept the terms since it was our safest option. But there was another issue that I wanted to solve privately, and that was Brian's mental health.

It pains me to tell him but I knew it was best for him to visit a therapist. It would be funded by the government and I convinced him to go for it.

As for Julios, he was arrested soon enough but I didn't know what happened to him afterward. For now, Brian and I would join the military and start preparing for the war. It wasn't going to be pretty, but as long as I'm with him, I would do anything.

As for Kiara, she continued college and after she graduated, she wanted to become a psychiatrist to help people like her brother.

Honestly, I never knew my life would succumb to this, but it's not like I'm complaining. Everything happens for a reason, and perhaps that's how I met the love of my life.

.

.

.

Julios' POV

It didn't take long for the police to arrive at my doorstep a few days after they discovered Carlos' body.

Technically, the police had no hard evidence that I was related to his death but they needed an excuse to finally arrest me. However, seeing Carmen not in the cells was more relieving than when Tori bailed me out.

She practically threw her arms around me when she saw me.

"Julios! Oh thank god you're alright!" She cried.

Unsure of what to do, I simply slowly returned her hug.

Carmen had gotten what she wanted. But for me? I had to watch my first love walk away with another man. Was she really not the one? Then, who is?

"Hey, Julios. You're alright, right? You aren't saying anything." Tori cupped my face as she took a good look at me.

A worried look? Now thinking, she was there all the time. And now, she's still here.

.

.

At the corner of my eyes, I saw Kleo standing at the corner, smiling softly at me.

"Why's Kleo here?" I asked Tori.

"Oh, he was the one who convinced the minister to even allow you to get bailed. I paid the fees though." Tori smiled.

Convincing someone of that rank must take lots of confidence and effort. Why did he go through such lengths to get me out? Is it because I'm his boss or something?

Without approaching me, I saw him leave the prison quietly. I was about to call out to him but Tori pulled me down to a kiss.

"Forget about her now Julios. She didn't care about you." She hit the sensitive topic.

"I..I'll try.."

.

.

Narrator

Life hasn't been easy for any of the characters in this story.

Kiara had to bear the consequence of her one failure for a lifetime.

Brian had to fend for himself and his sister from a young age and he was forcefully brought into the underground world.

Kiara had to bear to see the daily wounds of her brother getting a small amount of food for them to survive.

Julios had to let go of his love and continue living in a lifeless world.

Kleo could never be Julios' something.

But life carries on. Love saves the day. So may their story forever live in your hearts.

Their legacy will go on, the two greatest killers in history, the most feared and powerful duo and couple, Carmen Santini and Brian Garcia.

So remember their names when you sleep at night.

Carmen Santini, a killer with perfection.

And Brian Garcia, a killer with madness.

Fin.